We first requested an interview with company boss Burt Tansky (pictured)early last year. Kessler Park Prize Winner Is Perfect for a Dallas Green Thumb, These Six Dallas Hotels Just Won Accolades in, Oh, Yes, Sandoitchi Is Back in North Texas, After Fairy Tale Stanley Cup Run, Dallas Stars Face Off With Financial Trouble. These families cared deeply about Dallas, and they gave generously to every avenue of its development. Wilson grew rich in Dallas through shrewd investments-mostly real estate. Says Stanley’s daughter, Jerrie Smith, “I guess they wanted to go one further than the families on Swiss.” Receive the latest political news delivered every Tuesday and Thursday from reporters in Austin, Dallas and Washington. Adding insult to injury, Tansky was one of several executives named in a January 2009 BusinessWeek article who was said to be “walking a tightrope” in this shaky economy. Marcus stresses the group is non-partisan and does not allow any campaign materials at its drives. There are literally scores of Higginboth-ams around Dallas, and they’re a close-knit clan. Relatives, Associates, Neighbors, Marriage & … Photos +188. One of the city’s leading retail merchants (A. Harris) and theforce behind Dallas’ early efforts to form asymphony. Click a location below to find Richard more easily. He never made it home. Frances Mossiker, novelist and granddaughter of Alex Sang-er, recalls summers in Europe or in California or in the family “cabin” in Maine. Targeted marketing through newer channels is the name of the game right now, says Furman of the Luxury Marketing Council. I realize it is a lot but if successful, we truly can make a difference. Their extravagant homes in “The Cedars” (a posh residential area in South Dallas) were showplaces.

Comparing today’s dollars with turn-of-the-century dollars is like gauging wooden nickels against gold coins. When Ben Carpenter grew up, he had visions as vast as his dad’s. “I once asked my second son, George, if he wanted Caruth Building Services,” Will says. Some prefer to keep quiet. 2005: Neiman Marcus Group is taken private by TPG and Warburg Pincus in a $5.1 billion leveraged buyout. Morreale works in a community engagement position at Life in Deep Ellum. Stanley Marcus’ book, Minding the Store, is going to be a musical. Registering voters can be much more than making sure applications are filled out legibly. Powerful member of the banking community and an early railway entrepreneur. “But it ain’t gonna be pretty.” Richard is related to Beverly M Marcus and David S Marcus as well as 5 additional people. Hospitals, schools, parks, transportation systems, the state fair-all were conceived and supported by these early Dallasites. It was she who began the fight to save some of Dallas’ finest mansions, including Millermore, which is now in Old City Park. Because when they got here, they were already rich. Please make your own determination of the relevance of these court records.