"We want to establish a unique identity of developing young players through our academy with an end goal of cultivating and developing their talent to the level that allows them to compete against the very best in the world. He joined his first senior camp last fall and started a January friendly against Costa Rica. I know he’ll always have Philadelphia and the Union in his heart and I look forward to seeing what his future holds.”. , and it would not be surprising if Aaronson is soon going to join that list of players. She’s been saying that a lot. The official website of FC Red Bull Salzburg with news and background information about the club and the teams, an interactive fan zone and our online shop. “It was expressly a wish from Brendan that they prefer Salzburg, and that has played a big role. “I think it was my goal to finish out the season with the Union because of the amazing season the club has had so far and the things the club has done for me throughout the years, I think that it’s been an incredible ride,” he said. Thank you for relying on us to provide the journalism you can trust. New York did fetch a $5 million fee for homegrown Matt Miazga from Chelsea in 2016, for comparison sake. As Tanner and Curtin both said, he won’t be the last Union Homegrown bound for Europe, as recent star turns by Mark McKenzie and Anthony Fontana attest. All information about RB Salzburg (Bundesliga) current squad with market values transfers rumours player stats fixtures news Aaronson will stay in Chester through the end of the MLS season, giving him five games plus the playoffs to chase a trophy. "I am looking forward to starting the next chapter of my career," Aaronson said in an RB Salzburg club statement on Friday. “Despite his young age, he already has an excellent feeling for making the right decisions on the pitch. But he’s the icebreaker, setting a high value for young, American talent and showing that the Union to be viable players in the international market. He would have figured prominently in the U-23 team’s drive to qualify for the Tokyo Olympics before COVID-19 intervened and could yet end up part of that team. Registration on or use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement, Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement, and Your California Privacy Rights (each updated 1/1/20). Brenden Aaronson will become the most expensive US player produced in an MLS academy when he joins ... [+] RB Salzburg in January. Gregg Berhalter will be delighted as Aaronson joins Christian Pulisic, Weston McKennie, Tyler Adams, Sergino Dest, Zack Steffen, Ethan Horvath, Gio Reyna, Konrad de le Fuente, Chris Richards and Alex Mendez in playing for clubs in the Champions League.