Below are some of the best quotes about lies: According to Martin Luther King Junior, a lie cannot live. Explore our collection of motivational and famous quotes by authors you know and love. These deceivers use paradoxical defenses, which are word games where agents of deceit blame others for what they are guilty of doing in to throw them off track. And is not compassion a form of love? New American Standard Bible Copyright ©1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995 by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, Calif. All rights reserved. When you tell a lie for the sake of sparing someone's feelings, it is not suddenly right, but it is compassionate. Habitual deceivers may seek easier targets. You gain from this effort in at least three ways. Truth, like light, blinds. Bill Knaus, Ed.D., is the author of more than 20 books; "Overcoming Procrastination" was co-authored with Albert Ellis. -, A good deceiver knows that the most efficient lie is always a truth that has had a key piece removed from it. -, Given a choice between life and death, choose life. Let no one in any way deceive you, for it will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction. When you make this type of false promise, you straddle the worlds of white lies and manipulative deceptions. I became so good that after a while, the lines blurred between my truth and fiction. Nostalgia … For such men are slaves, not … This type deception may spill over to an evil deception. Romans 16:18.

Most prefer white lies to unpleasant raw truths. So, my darling, I do wrong for you. If you ask a woman for a date and she says "I'd love to go, but my cousin will be in town," she's probably letting you down kindly. You procrastinate. No, that makes you derelict of duty in a republic. It dearly cost him, his family, his friends, and his colleagues. “Be bad, but at least don't be a liar, a deceiver!”. It is behavior. They would shed their blood for you, risk their property, their lives, their children, so long, as I said above, as danger is remote; but when you are in danger they turn against you.” — Niccolo Machiavelli

No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar. -, I became good at pretending. –, Lies can be wonderful things, and when a lie is told artfully if it's done with a degree of craftsmanship, I can't help but admire the liar. Frey first rationalized to justify his lying. People who have been lied to find it challenging to be in good terms with the deceiver. It's mainly self-serving and manipulative. Here are some of the famous quotes for lies: Use these lying quotes whenever you feel betrayed, and if you often find yourself lying, remember Martin Luther King Jr.'s words: “A lie cannot live.”, Leave your email to receive our newsletter, Get the hottest stories from the largest news site in Nigeria, Drop your mail and be the first to get fresh news, Stanbic IBTC Pension: Every ‘Someday’ needs a plan, It's a trap to promote toxic behavior - Toke Makinwa speaks on finding closure from broken relationships (video), I hate cheap gifts - Actress Sylvia Oluchy says, gives reasons, We are not hiding again - Rapper Ikechukwu says as he finally shows off girlfriend (photo), BREAKING: Edo 2020: Oshiomhole finally breaks silence, reveals why he was moved to tears on election day, Lifestyle: 8 superb clothing hacks that'll change your life, AMVERIFIED: Africa’s indigenous social network community. It is twice the … But the end game is not necessarily to make money for you. To lower you risk of falling into someone's deception trap, here are 10 ten enlightened skepticism questions that you can practice asking and answering: 1. But I am afraid that, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, your minds will be led astray from the simplicity and purity of devotion to Christ. But some will lie about history because they think it will give you both a future.

How to Correctly Interpret the New CDC COVID Study, How to Spot Narcissistic, Manipulative Psychopaths, How Pathological Lying Can Ruin Your Relationships.

A loving relationship can be an oasis in uncertain times, but nurturing it requires attention, honesty, openness, vulnerability, and gratitude. Even when she’s telling the truth.”, “The essence of a lie is the intention to deceive.”, “The liar suffers twice: he neither believes nor is believed.”, “The liar was the hottest to defend his veracity, the coward his courage, the ill-bred his gentlemanliness, and the cad his honor.”, “The liar’s punishment is, not in the least that he is not believed, but that he cannot believe anyone else.”, “The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to such a pass that he cannot distinguish the truth within him.”, “The most mischievous liars are those who keep on the verge of truth.”, “The truth exposes some people so deeply, their last defense is to front a carefree insanity.”, “There is no worse lie than a truth misunderstood by those who hear it.”, “Truth is as straight as an arrow, while a lie swivels like a snake.”, “Understand that the tongue can conceal the truth, but the eyes–never!”, “We do not quite forgive a giver. Applewhite duped many of his followers into believing they were space aliens whose time had come to move to heaven via a spaceship that followed the Hale Bopp Comet.

-, The more you believe, the more you'll be leaving you, when what you believed turns out to be just lies. As opposed to now, I am a Novelist.”, “Be bad, but at least don’t be a liar, a deceiver!”, “Denial can be beautiful. Enlightened skepticism is a way to assess truth through fact-finding and questioning. De la Villehuchet, a French financier, lost over $1.4 billion from buying into that scheme. -, That is the curse of lying. However, you can be harmed by deceptions. The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool. Come in!”. Myths help people to forget about the things you have done in the past and remain constant for the whole future as doubt. Here are some great quotes about liars and deceivers that will get you thinking about the outcome of this type of behavior. Hypocrite Only Worse Than Thing. Serving Self Indulgence Men Deceiving Stomachs Serving Christ Spiritual Malnutrition Flattery Serving The Church Speech. -, Don't lies eventually lead to the truth? But evil men and impostors will proceed from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. What does the speaker gain if I bought into the statement? These lying quotes will be of great help to anyone who has ever been deceived. The objective is to earn money for the firm and the broker wants to make money too.