There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. with the print looking pristine and sharp Quatermass as never looked better clearly now The definitive version. with the print looking pristine and sharp Quatermass as never looked better clearly now The definitive version. Day of The Triffids (1963) [DVD] Nicole Maurey. This DVD has the original BBC teleplay of the story of Quatermass, Roney, and the buried aliens that later was adapted into the film "Five Million Years to Earth." Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. It was one of the best films Hammer productions ever did and even though it was filmed in 1967, it is not as dated as I thought it would be. earlier novel Childhood's End. For me, this movie sits very well on the shelf next to Village of the Damned (another British classic), Invasion of the Body Snatchers original, and Twilight Zone series. / The Shuttered Room (Horror Double Feature), Future Diary - The Complete Series + OVA [Blu-ray], Eat Popcorn Watch Movies Ignore the World - Movies Lovers T-Shirt. Please try again. while personally I always Thought The BBC's DVD of The serial was remarkable in picture and sound Quality This new Blu-ray Tops it Quite literally a new Restoration from The pit. Very disappointed in this new Blu-ray version. What's in the pit? And the backdrop of the series is very interesting of Britain in the post-war period. Previous. subway excavation are 644827369522. The image is not anamorphic-enhanced. Reviewed in the United States on October 14, 2018. The British story telling unfolds very well and very logically as they try to figure out what they unearthed at the construction site. I have a non-region specific player that plays it and everything else I own. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Get rewards; carousel. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. my first viewing I was swamped in the avalanche of intellectual twists. It has aged very well, the special effects are good, the acting is excellent and the progression of the story just grabs you and pulls you in. Reviewed in the United States on March 16, 2017. managing to pack over three hours' worth of plot into 98 minutes. ), it's one of the character's names - professor Quatermass! Day of the Triffids [DVD] [1981] John Duttine. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. £10.99. / The Shuttered Room (Horror Double Feature), STAR WARS The Complete Saga Episodes 1 - 6. Finally a region A Blu Ray for Quatermass and the Pit coming from Shout Factory. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. eBay determines this price through a machine-learned model of the product's sale prices within the last 90 days. Number of bids and bid amounts may be slightly out of date. The DVD was in fact flawless and was 2 sided with some extras. Quatermass and the Pit [DVD] [1967] Andrew Keir. See all customer reviews. As soon as I started watching I got engaged in it. Nigel Kneale's brilliant script (which posits a surprisingly plausible, otherworldly rationale for the existence of the supernatural) was later appropriated by acknowledged fan John Carpenter for his underrated Prince of Darkness. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, + No Import Fees Deposit & $11.98 Shipping to Poland. Nigel Kneale's Quatermass TV series spawned a brief film series produced over an eleven-year period; 1967's Quatermass and the Pit, released in the US as Five Million Years to Earth, was the third and (until 1979's Quatermass Conclusion) last of the features. The story takes more twists and turns given its longer running time. To ALL international customers – please read before placing your order! it is widescreen to 1:66 so there are very small bar bars on each side as 16x9 TV's are 1:78. Region 1, Quatermass and the Pit (DVD, 1998) R1 / NTSC / Like New, Quatermass and the Pit (DVD, 1998) FACTORY SEALED / R1 / NTSC, Quatermass and the Pit (1967,aka 5 Million Years Earth)Rare Anchor Bay Laserdisc, Quatermass And The Pit VHS Widescreen + Quatermass II VHS Anchorbay Sci-Fi, ARTHUR GRANT - Quatermass And Pit/quatermass 2 (2 DVD) - Color Widescreen Ntsc, Quatermass & The Pit/Quatermass 2 (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Two Pack) Rare, OOP, QUATERMASS 2 DVD U.S ANCHOR BAY R1 VERY RARE OUT OF PRINT, Quatermass & The Pit/Quatermass 2 Limited Edition DVD 2003 Complete Anchor Bay, QUATERMASS & THE PIT-QUATERMASS & THE PIT DVD NEW, QUATERMASS AND THE PIT / QUATERMASS 2 DVD THE HAMMER COLLECTION DOUBLE FEATURE, Quatermass and the Pit (UK IMPORT) DVD NEW, Quatermass and the Pit [DVD] [1967][Region 2], Quatermass and the Pit (Blu-ray + DVD) [1967][Region 2], Quatermass & The Pit/Quatermass 2 (DVD, 2003, 2-Disc Set, Two Pack) NEW sealed, Quatermass and the Pit (UK IMPORT) DVD [REGION 2] NEW, QUATERMASS AND THE PIT OOP THE HAMMER COLLECTION NICE SHAPE USED DVD, Quatermass and the Pit | DVD, 1967 Misprint (Guillotine Films), Quatermass and The Pit [Blu-ray] [2018] [DVD][Region 2], Quatermass Collection: Quatermass Experiment/Qua, Quatermass and the Pit (1967) Drama, Sci-Fi, Horror Movie on DVD RARE, Quatermass And The Pit (1967), The Hammer Collection (NEW, Factory Sealed), Quatermass And The Pit [DVD] [1958] - CD RWVG The Fast Free Shipping, QUATERMASS & THE PIT-QUATERMASS & THE PIT Blu-Ray NEW, Quatermass and the Pit (DVD, 2004) Quartermass Guillotine Films Misprint Disc NM. Worth it. I saw "Five Million Years to Earth" several years ago and really, really liked it and have been looking for a DVD version. Color. An alternate commentary track has an informative commentary by director Baker I also wonder if this is where Steven King got the idea for Tommyknockers. while personally I always Thought The BBC's DVD of The serial was remarkable in picture and sound Quality This new Blu-ray Tops it Quite literally a new Restoration from The pit. This is a great film from Hammer so for it's fans I need not review the movie. $26.95. Quatermass and The Pit - The Classic 1958-59 BBC Television Version Starring Andre Morell, The Quartermass Xperiment (aka Creeping Unknown), Sci-Fi Creature Classics - 4-Movie Set - 20 Million Miles to Earth - The Giant Claw - It Came From Beneath The Sea - Mothra, Quatermass 2 - The Classic 1955 BBC Television Version Starring John Robinson. I saw "Five Million Years to Earth" several years ago and really, really liked it and have been looking for a DVD version. For me, this movie sits very well on the shelf next to Village of the Damned (another British classic), Invasion of the Body Snatchers original, and Twilight Zone series. I only gave 4 stars because I fail to understand why this admittedly B grade sci-fi movie should command such a premium price when other similar Hammer movies go for $9.99 or less on bargain sites. Past those, though, this is well worth watching. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. For those thinking about buying for the first time, wait until the price drops because in my opinion, it certainly isn't worth the current price of 20 quid. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 16, 2019. Previous page of related Sponsored Products. government and military bureaucrats over his theories about the mystery ship, which prove FAST FREE 1-4 DAY SHIPPING ****** FREE RETURNS, ~ BRAND NEW!! The movie was as spectacular as I remembered and the Hammer production was superb. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on January 22, 2019. character, is front-rank science fiction overflowing with ambitious concepts. Beautiful print. For my money, this was a waste. Wait a few months and watch the price drop to around 10 or 12 quid. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. My parents and I used to watch it whenever it came on (it was shown in the US under the title of Five Million Years to Earth and until I discovered what it was called in Britain, I couldn't find it anywhere). Customer reviews. These items are shipped from and sold by different sellers. 2001: A Space Odyssey, 4.0 out of 5 stars 264. This DVD has the original BBC teleplay of the story of Quatermass, Roney, and the buried aliens that later was adapted into the film "Five Million Years to Earth." sets and limited extras, director Roy Ward Baker (A Night to Remember) shoots far too Blu-ray. Please enable JavaScript on your browser, then try again. And a gadget that turns mental thoughts into television images is not very £9.79. This page was last updated:  17-Oct 20:29. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. finest there is graining in the video and a few spots with overly contrast, giving it it a bit of washed out look, but all in all very pleased with the video. We have met the enemy, and it is us: when a Martian spacecraft with a terrifying link to the origins of humanity is unearthed beneath a London tube station, only the esteemed Professor Bernard Quatermass (a very British--and possibly mad--precursor to Mulder and Scully) can save London's suddenly murderous population from itself. There's no cheesy special effects of some movies of that time, and the effects they have are very well done for that period. Very good. Quality is best it can be for this old of a movie. Quatermass and the Pit Hammer Widescreen Laserdisc +Commentary Free Ship $30. It doesn't distract at all and left me very impressed. As for the so-called booklet, it mentions 8 pages but in reality it feels and looks more like a thin leaflet with two pages in between. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. 4.8 out of 5 stars 510. to be too disturbing for public acceptance: human evolution may be the result of the As for the so-called booklet, it mentions 8 pages but in reality it feels and looks more like a thin leaflet with two pages in between. See other DVD options under “Other Formats & Versions”. Starring: Andrew Keir, James Donald, Barbara Shelley.We have met the enemy, and it is us: when a Martian spacecraft with a terrifying link to the origins of humanity is unearthed beneath a London tube station, only the esteemed Professor Bernard Quatermass (a very British--and possibly mad--precursor to Mulder and Scully) can save London's suddenly murderous population from itself. I have a non-region specific player that plays it and everything else I own. Or six part serial starring Andre Morell as Bernard Quatermass. The Blu Ray is excellent and loaded with extras. The Blue Ray transfer is very good in my opinion, good color and a sharp image. Please try again. Only some of the sets date it slightly. Please try again. I Don't plan To write a review of The story here we are all Two familiar with The story of a strange object unearthed containing evidence of an alien life. Digital flaws were nowhere to be seen. comes Highly recommended. and concept-for-concept, is both less pretentious and more coherent than that landmark Kubrick epic. The Blu ray is region B and the DVD is Region 2, there are no video extras, but there is secondary audio interviews during playing of the movie. 4.2 out of 5 stars 472. Plus you have the general issue of this being a "product of its times," so be prepared for some old-fashioned concepts. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed.