Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. this makes me feel I am at the concert - wish I had been!! Amazon took 20 years to ship it to me, so I was upset about that. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Up All Nite With Prince: The One Nite Alone Collection. All of the recordings on both Live! Among the album's highlights are "Sometimes It Snows in April" and "Adore" at the piano, an extended "J… Sound is okay. But all the cd's were amazing, and the dvd was very good quality. Buy it. The 27 tracks on One Nite Alone... Live! Poor dvd quality. One Nite Alone... is the twenty-fifth studio album by American recording artist Prince.It was released on May 14, 2002 by NPG Records.It features him singing and accompanying himself on piano, making only occasional use of other instruments. I will always treasure these CD's. The shows transformed the album from misbegotten lecture to lively celebration. The last and recently shared soundtrack to the 1985 concert video, Prince and the Revolution: Live, is a great set from Prince and his best band, but as a ticket to his concert exploits, it’s less comprehensive. . (Up Late with Prince & The NPG). After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. (2 CD) One Nite Alone: The AftershowIt Aint Over Yet (1 CD) Prince Live At The Aladdin Las Vegas (DVD). Quel bonheur quand ça envoie comme ça, du groove à n'en plus finir et le public chavire, tous ceux et celles qui ont eu la chance de voir Prince sur scène le savent, c'était son univers et il pouvait vous emmener loin, jusqu'au bout de la nuit si l'envie l'en prenait, avec des shows démentiels dont on sortait avec l'impression d'avoir rêvé et auxquels on repense des années après avec émotion (ah la la, le Grand Palais 2009!!!!). The entire album was recorded live from the audio console by Prince's concert sound engineer Scottie Baldwin. Its alone-at-the-piano vibe, made ethereal and informal by his stirring voice, conjured a sort of one-on-one illusion. Surface noise on my copy through some of Side 2 but others have had surface noise right through both sides on thier copies. The deeper you get into the 11-minute “Peach (Xtended Jam),” the sturdier his rhythmic guitar becomes, even as the players around him dive in and out of solos. This collection is a must own in a well rounded Prince enthusiast collection (although to be honest most of us already had this material in the original pressings). . Prince is famous for his late night after-shows performed well into the morning in front of a small group of adoring fans. Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Reviewed in the United States on May 29, 2020. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. Reviewed in the United States on August 17, 2020, Everything arrived perfectly, and I have enjoyed every minute of Prince’s artistic genius , NOT a good representation of a Prince after show, Reviewed in the United States on June 5, 2020. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. This release is typical of them in that it features extended funk jams that can seem repetitive if you are not there or dancing to it. It is Prince captured in all of his brilliance,. These shows were weirder, looser, more intimate, more improvisational, and more epic. Being in view so often, he took great care in selecting how he packaged himself. Eventually, every Prince show had to satiate the broader audience that made him a pop icon (or at least it had to pretend to try), and so disc two of One Nite Alone… Live! This was not an experience for the casual fan; this was an extension of the NPG Music Club vision. To enjoy Prime Music, go to Your Music Library and transfer your account to Amazon.com (US). I thought the dvd itself was poorly filmed. Across the many varying discs of the One Nite Alone… box set, a recluse puts his showmanship on display. His voice seems translucent, and the light that passes through it only better illuminates the baffled audience stunned by his effortless range. The nearly 13-minute official debut of “Xenophobia,” a massive introduction for the band and a crash course in what patrons were getting with this tour, is as inspired as it is insulating. “Joy in Repetition” is a masterclass. One Nite Alone... is the twenty-fifth studio album by American recording artist Prince.It was released on May 14, 2002 by NPG Records.It features him singing and accompanying himself on piano, making only occasional use of other instruments. Reviewed in the United States on May 7, 2019, Reviewed in the United States on October 12, 2018, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 14, 2020. The ultimate Prince concert experience is here! Please try again. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Only a few notes into “Adore” the crowd is whipped into a frenzy. Najee saxophone Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 21 August 2014, Bought this for wife who is a big Prince fan. Brilliant, but could have been so much better, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 26 February 2009. One Nite Alone... Live! is a live album box set by Prince and The New Power Generation, containing live recordings from the intimate One Nite Alone... Tour performances. and The Aftershow were captured by Prince's sound engineer Scottie Baldwin, who shared his thoughts about the recording process for the album's liner notes. were recorded during Prince and the New Power Generation's massive One Nite Alone... Tour, and includes a mix of some of Prince's best-known hits from the '80s and early '90s alongside more recent songs like the title track of his 2001 album, The Rainbow Children. After a sultry performance of “One Nite Alone...,” his falsetto twinkling, “Adore” forms a little suite with “I Wanna B Ur Lover” and “Do Me, Baby,” and not even their truncated lengths can nullify the building momentum or the effect they have on the crowd. Rhonda Smith bass guitar Just for a moment, he transforms from religious leader to sex symbol, and there the sexual becomes sacred, which feels fitting for a song about sex so good it makes angels cry. There are several cd’s AND a dvd included in the set. Just don't know how the seller could bear to part with it! Just perfect. The only issues I have are that 2 of the cds ( after show & Solo voice and piano) are in a single card sleeve and not in the original type casing with extra inserted sleeve/ booklet, but my biggest gripe as with the Purple Rain expanded edition is that the Prince estate have missed a trick with not upgrading the visual and sound of the live dvd to High definition and would have been worthy and respected by fans even if it meant adding an additional £10 to the overall price to cover the production costs. He snuck in two seven-minute Rainbow Children deep cuts. his band is so tight, his vocals are superb and when it's just him and a piano he has the audience in the palm of his hand. Medley: Just Friends (Sunny)/If You Want Me to Stay. Buy and enjoy this treasure from the musical genius Prince! Trademarks used on this site are owned by Paisley Park Enterprises, Inc., a wholly-owned entity of The Prince Estate. Great music & value. The crowd largely had the opposite desire, and that clearly frustrated him. Even in the wake of his death, in 2016, this period was remembered as controversial or underwhelming. featuring recent jams (Muse 2 The Pharaoh, 1+1+1 Is 3) and classic favorites (Raspberry Beret, Nothing Compares 2 U, When U Were Mine); the high-energy One Nite AloneThe Aftershow: It Aint Over! I highly recommend this collection to new and old Prince fans alike. These aren’t in the realm of his best-written songs. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Quality as described and arrived quickly. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. The after-show phenomenon was born during the Parade tour in 1986, according to Matt Thorne, the author of Prince: The Man and His Music. Quelle bonne idée d'avoir réédité (avec soin et à prix correct) le live One Nite Alone, la tournée 2002 de Prince. This captures Prince and his guitar and aftershow magic. The definitive version of “2 Nigs United 4 West Compton” is far more percussive, its spring-loaded bass line and supercharged keyboards building out an unstoppable locomotive engine, prompting Prince to yell out, “I want to sing but it’s too funky.”. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. $1.29. The Aftershow: It Ain't Over! On retrouve donc ici ce double live où Prince est accompagné de 2 immenses "souffleurs": Candy Dulfer et Maceo Parker lui-même, grand saxophoniste de jazz-funk-soul. He completely reimagines “The Ballad of Dorothy Parker” and “Girls & Boys.” The George Clinton-featuring “We Do This” is joyous funk-rap interplay between two masters. There have never been funkier songs about theocratic order. Prince's greatest song to me and in the finale is performed with credits rolling through. Would have been happy to pay more for a nicer outer box like the 1999 one. One Nite Alone, The Aftershow: It Ain’t Over. Don't expect the song titles that you recognize to be anything like the originals. Have seen Prince live 3 times now, he's one hell of a guitarist and entertainer. Aucun doute pour ses fans, ses aftershows surprises en club ou petite salle étaient souvent des moments magiques avec des reprises ou des titres très rares, un plaisir immense de voir des musiciens s'éclater avec le public sans chichi, sans effets spéciaux, sans mise en scène, juste de la musique de folie où toutes les influences se mêlent. Reviewed in the United States on September 22, 2020, The next best thing to seeing an aftershow is listening to one on purple vinyl. I highly recommend you buy this product which contains 2 x CD's of a live concert recording from the 2002 One night alone tour, 1 x CD of the after show party, 1 x CD of the piano album One night alone and a Live DVD of Prince at the Alladin Las Vegas. Prince's backing musicians included Sheila E., Maceo Parker, Eric Leeds, Candy Dulfer, Greg Boyer, Renato Neto, John Blackwell, and Rhonda Smith. Solo Piano And Voice By Prince on Discogs. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. By providing us with your email address and clicking “Submit” you are agreeing to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. ... Adore (Live from One Nite Alone Tour 2002) Prince. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on June 1, 2020. Anyone unwilling to be receptive to change was kindly asked to leave: “For those of you expecting to get your Purple Rain on: You’re in the wrong house.”. Up All Nite With Prince: The One Nite Alone Collection brings the electrifying power of Princes 2002 studio and live releases together in one stunning package. I found it throughly enjoyalbe, and audible quality obviously much better than the boots. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Joy In Repetition (Live from One Nite Alone Tour...The Aftershow), We Do This (Live from One Nite Alone Tour...The Aftershow), Medley: Just Friends (Sunny) / If You Want Me to Stay (Live from One Nite Alone Tour...The Aftershow), 2 Nigs United 4 West Compton (Live from One Nite Alone Tour...The Aftershow), Alphabet Street (Live from One Nite Alone Tour...The Aftershow), Peach (Xtended Jam) (Live from One Nite Alone Tour...The Aftershow), Dorothy Parker (Live from One Nite Alone Tour...The Aftershow), Girls & Boys (Live from One Nite Alone Tour...The Aftershow), Everlasting Now (Vamp) (Live from One Nite Alone Tour...The Aftershow), © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.