But it was “The Green Mile,” starring Tom Hanks as a death row prison guard in a Louisiana penitentiary during the Depression, that thrust the 6-foot-5, 300-plus-pound Duncan into the limelight. But it was “The Green Mile,” starring Tom Hanks as a death row prison guard in a Louisiana penitentiary during the Depression, that thrust the 6-foot-5, 300-plus-pound Duncan into the limelight. California is slowly gaining jobs, but unemployment remains grim. I just know it,’” Duncan recalled in a 2001 Ottawa Citizen interview. 3 Nominations. | Growing up, he harbored dreams of becoming an actor. Director: Frank Darabont. The lives of guards on Death Row are affected by one of their charges: a black man accused of child murder and rape, yet who has a mysterious gift. Bill Dodge: I ain't never had to wear no damn tie before. Screen Reader Users: To optimize your experience with your screen reading software, please use our Flixster.com website, which has the same tickets as our Fandango.com and MovieTickets.com websites. To Start receiving timely alerts please follow the below steps: #Filmibeat: Best Of 2018. 189 min The Green Mile Synopsis: Death Row guards at a penitentiary, in the 1930's, have a moral dilemma with their job when they discover one of their prisoners, a convicted murderer, has … Endorsements. Most Tear Inducing Closing Song To A Movie: The Most Fascinating Fantasy of the 1990s, Highest Rated Films by IMDb Poll Board Contributors, View production, box office, & company info, Stephen King (novel), Academy Awards, USA. When the cellblock's head guard, Paul Edgecomb, recognizes Coffey's miraculous gift, he tries desperately to help stave off the condemned man's execution. Il s'agit d'une adaptation cinématographique du roman-feuilleton du même nom de Stephen King . R 3 hr 9 min. “I had never taken a role like this. The movie starred Andrew Garfield and Teresa Palmer. Duncan attended Alcorn State University in Mississippi but left before graduating to help support his ailing mother. I got emotional while reading it. John Cusack Would Love To Make A Sequel To 1408, 25 September 2020 Both movies are Stephen King adaptions. A supernatural tale set on death row in a Southern prison, where gentle giant John Coffey possesses the mysterious power to heal people's ailments. Click on the Menu icon of the browser, it opens up a list of options. It proved to me that I was a good actor. Disaster funds will help rebuilding and cleanup efforts in the aftermath of several blazes, including the Bobcat and Creek fires.