95), 10 episodes, including 8 as a judge and 2 as a guest dancer, November 18 episode – samba with her sister and Sage Rosen, Episode: "Dance Matron of Mayhem" (voice). [106] In September 2016, Ziegler performed with Sia at the launch of Apple's iPhone 7[107] and at the iHeartRadio Music Festival. ... [She inspires] other dancers to pursue their dreams with originality and grace. But it is her face ... that truly captivates her audience thanks to the tantalizing allure of catharsis through art. Inspired by Ziegler’s emotional execution, Sia tapped the dancer to be in her music video, Chandelier. Visit the state elections site.

Polling hours on Election Day: Varies by state/locality. Sia spent this summer directing a film about her life, and she chose Ziegler to portray her as a child.

Sia isn't just Maddie Ziegler's number one employer, she's also her guardian angel. As for Weinstein, Sia explained that she would often weigh in on opportunities offered to Ziegler to help the dancer and her mother decide which projects would be best for her career. Maddie Ziegler", "The story behind Maddie Ziegler's creepy, "Maddie Ziegler Reveals 5 ~Creepy~ New Deets About Her Role on, "Your First Look at Maddie's Epic Nickelodeon Debut", "Gabby Douglas to Guest-Star on Nickelodeon's, "'Leap!'

Part of HuffPost Entertainment. [78] A 2015 feature in The Huffington Post also praised her artistry: Her ... jétés and pirouettes juxtapose self-containment with a sort of reckless abandon. Nothing says a family vacation like an RV, Princess Diana died when Harry was just 12 years old, It's looked — and felt — like a whole different world as we've been social distancing and attempting to keep each other safe, Adam Brody Says Sharing a Teen Show Bond with Wife Leighton Meester Is 'Pretty Remarkable', AJ McLean on Trying Cocaine Before a Backstreet Boys Music Video Shoot: 'I Was Freaking Out', Matt Stell Talks Rebuilding Motorcycles While Finishing His New EP Amid the Pandemic, See All the Celebs Taking RV Trips This Summer, The Sweetest Photos of Princes Harry with Diana, From Empty Streets to Virtual Weddings: What Life Has Looked Like During the Coronavirus Pandemic. – Why I love Simone Biles by Maddie Ziegler", "Tori Kelly, Jessie J & More to Perform on ABC's, "This Is Acting: Sia Stuns With Theatrical Coachella Spectacle", "Sia, Big Bird woo advertisers for YouTube", "Travis Wall & Maddie Ziegler Perform a Duet In Honor of, "For SeriesFest, Sia welcomes Red Rocks to her theater of dreams", "13-Year-Old Dancer Maddie Ziegler Totally Stole The Show At The Apple iPhone 7 Launch", "Meet the 13-year-old dancing sensation who stunned people at the big Apple event", "Sia hits the iHeartRadio stage with sidekick Maddie Ziegler", "Did Sia need to come to her own show at the Key Thursday? is a major jump for Maddie Ziegler's budding acting career", "Maddie Ziegler, Jacob Tremblay, and Jaeden Lieberher Recreate Each Other's Instagram Posts", "Sia is ditching her disguise ahead of directorial movie debut", "Maddie and Mackenzie Ziegler Team Up with Clean & Clear", "Maddie Ziegler Takes Her Rightful Place as Capezio's Brand Ambassador", "See Maddie Ziegler Show Off Her Dance Skills in Capezio's New Campaign Video", "Betsey Johnson Taps Dance Moms' Maddie Ziegler for an Adorable New Collaboration", "Target Kicks Off Back-to-School Season With a New Class of Kids", "'Dance Moms' Star Mackenzie Ziegler Walks Polo Ralph Lauren Runway With Big Sister Maddie", "Fabletics taps Maddie Ziegler for new collection", "Maddie Ziegler’s Latest Fabletics Line Is All Grown Up", "Maddie Ziegler Opens Up About Life After, "A Friendly Reminder Sia Muse Maddie Ziegler Is Only 12 Years Old", "Exclusive!

[91][92] In 2017, Ziegler appeared as a guest judge in an episode of Project Runway[93] and began an endorsement deal with Kalahari Resorts. She was initially known for appearing in Lifetime's reality show Dance Moms from 2011 (at age 8) until 2016.

[32] It has received more than 2 billion views on YouTube, and at one point it was the 13th most viewed YouTube video of all time. "[114] David James Young of Junkee felt that Ziegler's performance "cements her status as one of the great dancers of the modern era. In a recent video with famous YouTuber, Nikki Tutorials, she got candid about her experience. "[144] Britt Robson of the Star Tribune added, "The clear-cut star was Ziegler, obviously Sia's alter ego. [100] In April 2016, six of her pre-taped performances were projected onto the big screens during Sia's Coachella set,[101] and Ziegler appeared live with Sia at YouTube's Brandcast event in New York City. "Back to School 2015: Jeans Jam". [111] In September, Ziegler danced to Sia's song "Rainbow", from the soundtrack to My Little Pony: The Movie", dressed in a wig and outfit that simulated the look of Sia's character in the film. [40] The "Chandelier" and "Elastic Heart" videos were both selected as part of PopSugar's 2016 list of "25 of the Best Dance Videos of the Last Decade". [22][23] Ziegler "emerged as the preternaturally polished standout on six seasons" on the show,[24] where she continued to appear alongside her mother and younger sister, Mackenzie, until 2016, their last season on the show. [33] Ziegler said of the choreography: "It was really different and weird for me, because I usually don't, you know, be a crazy person every time. I always work with Sia as a director, so that wasn’t something new, but her directing us for acting was [different and] incredible,” says Ziegler. [47] Ziegler continued the collaboration with Sia and the group LSD in the music videos for Thunderclouds (2018) and "No New Friends" (2019). [134] She starred in a 2017 ASPCA Public service announcement, set to Sia's song "Puppies Are Forever", to encourage people to adopt shelter and rescue dogs. [128], In 2012, Ziegler, along with her mother and sister, partnered with Starlight Children's Foundation to help raise awareness for chronically ill youth. She's only 13, but there's a strong sense of personality that comes through in her movement that is somewhat iconic. He was so protective, so like collaborative and just made me feel really safe, which was awesome. [94] She appears on the cover of Sia's 2017 album Everyday is Christmas. [4] Her parents divorced in 2011,[5] and her mother married Greg Gisoni in 2013. [124], Ziegler has an active social media presence, with more than 13 million Instagram followers,[2] over 1.3 million Twitter followers[125] and over 1.8 million followers on Facebook. [132] Ziegler also performed with Travis Wall at Nigel Lythgoe's Dizzy Feet Foundation gala in 2016 to raise funds for dance education programs for low-income children and scholarships for talented students at dance schools in the U.S.[133], Since 2016, Ziegler has partnered with Dancers Against Cancer, appearing in public service announcements to raise awareness and funding for people battling cancer.
[126] Videos of her dancing have accumulated more than five billion total views on YouTube. ", "Maddie Ziegler Opens Up About Losing Her Grandmother to Cancer: 'She Makes Me a Stronger Dancer'", "Maddie and Mackenzie Ziegler Support Young Dancers Battling Cancer in Touching PSA", "Sia Teams Up With the ASPCA to Encourage Pet Adoption This Holiday Season", "Sia Teams Up with David Guetta & Afrojack on 'Helium' Remix Benefiting MAC Cosmetics AIDS Fund", "Maddie Ziegler Faces Off Against Gaten Matarazzo in a Round of, "Halsey Set to be Honored by L.A. When we talk about great dancers, it's definitely a persona that leaves a lasting impression – it's not necessarily the most technically perfect dancer. She’s really changed my life and I’m so grateful for her.” It’s clear that despite the controversy, Ziegler is proud of the work she did, and she very well should be.
[136] She appeared on Celebrity Family Feud on July 7, 2019, together with her sister, mother, aunt and dancer Charlize Glass, playing for "My Friend's Place", where they have volunteered in the past, which provides meals for homeless youth in Los Angeles.[137]. But this time it was like, you just need to let go and feel it. [48][49] Ziegler also dances in the music video for Sia's single, "Together", from the soundtrack of Sia's upcoming film, Music. ... She finds whatever emotion she needs to dial in very quickly. “We have the best time together. "Dance in You". You'll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications. Sia continued to discuss her friendship with Ziegler, who is set to star in the singer’s upcoming film Music, explaining that she has always felt protective of the teenager. Text us for exclusive photos and videos, royal news, and way more.