What does 'poke' refer to in the expression 'pig in a poke'. save room (for something) phrase. rescue implies freeing from imminent danger by prompt or vigorous action. These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'save.' Richard explains how Joe Walsh kickstarted his career, and why he chose Hazard, Nebraska for a hit. Kesha's 2017 track "Woman" was the first song titled "Woman" sung by a woman to reach the Hot 100. Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary, the webmaster's page for free fun content. A monthly update on our latest interviews, stories and added songs, Writer/s: Buddy Buie, James Cobb, John Stephens, Will Adams, Jessica Wilson. How to use a word that (literally) drives some pe... Name that government! Synonym Discussion of save. Can you spell these 10 commonly misspelled words? reclaimed long-abandoned farms save may replace any of the foregoing terms; it may further imply a preserving or maintaining for usefulness or continued existence. Test Your Knowledge - and learn some interesting things along the way. 'Nip it in the butt' or 'Nip it in the bud'? The Garbage drummer/songwriter produced the Nirvana album Nevermind, and Smashing Pumpkins' Gish and Siamese Dream. Accessed 17 Oct. 2020. They come from many sources and are not checked. 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'? "All I Want For Christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey was the first ringtone certified Gold. The first hit song that was used in a commercial before it was released as a single was "I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing," which was written for a Coke ad. Definition of save room (for something) in the Idioms Dictionary. This information should not be considered complete, up to date, and is not intended to be used in place of a visit, consultation, or advice of a legal, medical, or any other professional. Delivered to your inbox! Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible). Send us feedback. Found 597 sentences matching phrase "Save Room".Found in 23 ms. English Language Learners Definition of save (Entry 2 of 3), English Language Learners Definition of save (Entry 3 of 3), See the full definition for save in the English Language Learners Dictionary, Thesaurus: All synonyms and antonyms for save, Nglish: Translation of save for Spanish Speakers, Britannica English: Translation of save for Arabic Speakers. Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. What made you want to look up save? How to use save in a sentence. “Save.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/save. To refrain from eating too much so that one still has an appetite for something else later on. Save a little for me, oh (Pa ya pa pa) (Pa ya pa pa) (Pa ya pa pa) (Da da da) Oh, come on Make time to live a little Don't let this moment slip by tonight You'll never know what you're missing till you try Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! See if you can spot weird but true stories. You can have a light snack, but make sure you save room—we'll be having dinner in a couple hours. 13th century, in the meaning defined at transitive sense 1a, 14th century, in the meaning defined above, 14th century, in the meaning defined at sense 1, Middle English, from Anglo-French salver, from Late Latin salvare, from Latin salvus safe — more at safe, Middle English sauf, from Anglo-French sauve, from sauf, adjective, safe — more at safe. Here are their histories and a design analysis from an expert. Save definition is - to deliver from sin. Call us crazy, but we like it when an artist comes around who doesn't mesh with the status quo. Save room for my love Save room for a moment to be with me Save room for my love, save a little Save a little for me Won't you save a little? What does save room (for something) expression mean? https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/save+room+(for+something). rescued the crew of a sinking ship deliver implies release usually of a person from confinement, temptation, slavery, or suffering. Save room for my love Save room for a moment to be with me Save room for my love, save a little Save a little for me Won't you save a little? Be warned. He was surprised when record executive Don Kirshner passed it instead to The Monkees. "Strawberry Letter 23" by The Brothers Johnson was written by Shuggie Otis, whose girlfriend would send him letters written on strawberry scented paper. Did he have beef with George Lucas and Coolio? Neil Diamond originally wrote "I'm A Believer" for the Country artist Eddy Arnold. Or something like that. Learn a new word every day. Showing page 1. The most basic safe room is simply a closet with the hollow-core door replaced with an exterior-grade solid-core door that has a deadbolt and longer hinge screws and strike-plate screws to resist battering. rescue, deliver, redeem, ransom, reclaim, save mean to set free from confinement or danger. used before a word often taken to be the subject of a clause, BestReviews is a product review company with a singular mission: to help simplify your purchasing decisions and, In September 2019, the Alaska Department of Administration sought help for the new AAPEX program, which consolidates identical services across state agencies in order to, At Monday night’s meeting, Pappas also suggested moving the baseball field to the West in order to, Tribal leaders decided to embrace a new clean-energy future, in effect ending the effort to, Pandemic aside, home prices are probably going to continue to increase and outpace people's income and ability to, Meanwhile, a Brooklyn rabbi who lost both his parents and an older sister to Covid-19 was helping City Hall get the message across to his community that wearing masks and social distancing, Josh Hader pitched a 1-2-3 ninth to record his 13th, Paredes nearly opened his 2020 goal-scoring account one minute earlier with an open strike in the box, but he was denied by a brave kick-, His wrist shot from the top of the right circle came at the end of an odd-man rush that followed Lehner's kick, Brazilian Neymar was denied the opener by a superb, The relievers used by the Twins for their late-inning, As of Sunday, all other airlines have already ended their flights to mainland China from SFO, which normally has more departures to China than any other U.S. airport, In the hallway, shelves under the ceiling, Currently in his 11th NHL season with a career, For 39 days, three players will have been locked into a game that has no pause button or reset button — no, ‘Fascism’: The Word’s Meaning and History. I hope you saved room for dessert—my mother saved her famous blueberry crumble! Definitions by the largest Idiom Dictionary. Learn more. save (something) for another time/day/week/etc. The TV show One Tree Hill got it's name from a song of the same name on U2's Joshua Tree album. Queen, Phish and The Stones are among our picks for the best band logos. Did Al play on a Beach Boys record? safe haven definition: 1. a place where you are protected from harm or danger: 2. a place where you are protected from…. The prior "Woman" singles to reach the chart were all recorded by male acts. tried to ransom the kidnap victim reclaim suggests a bringing back to a former state or condition of someone or something abandoned or debased. Learn more. delivered his people from bondage redeem implies releasing from bondage or penalties by giving what is demanded or necessary. job training designed to redeem school dropouts from chronic unemployment ransom specifically applies to buying out of captivity. phrase definition: 1. a group of words that is part of, rather than the whole of, a sentence 2. a short group of words…. an operation that saved my life. The lead singer/lyricist for Anberlin breaks down "Impossible" and covers some tracks from their 2012 album Vital. All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus, literature, geography, and other reference data is for informational purposes only. Translation memories are created by human, but computer aligned, which might cause mistakes.