This is a raison why the rating is low.

So emotional. if this drama aired on kbs,sbs and mbc and got this 2% drama then this drama was totally sucks.

W4GRB.user_rating=new Array(); Lee boyoung and yon bok you are so great.. btw you guys watching in drama when ongoing how you feel? Decided to listen to soundtrack, and shed a glass of tears.

Definitely tops Japanese version (it was still very good tho).

Jodie Apr 18 2018 4:09 am

fritzyjane Jan 25 2018 3:31 pm

The Korean version is promising so far and I'm looking forward to finish it.
A drama like "Mother" will raise awareness in korean society if Knetz give it a chance. hmm.... Feb 25 2018 1:25 pm

Pil Jeong is a single, divorced mom of two who swore that she’ll never get married again. ?I wanted soo-jin to adopt hye-na in the last episode.Finally, the ending became as I wish.What a beautiful ending!!!! Mary Mar 10 2018 4:07 pm This drama has been phenomenal. People who miss this one are doing a disservice to themselves.

Excellent job. 2 thumbs up for this heart warming drama. It is a remake of the award-winning 2010 Japanese TV series of the same title. tehah Mar 20 2018 2:24 am

so many kids go through this everyday and many people do not do anything about this.

Ha Joon? Instead she basically gave up until the last minute. the Best!!! //]]>. They can't top the sadness and the level of relationship that was shown there. :D in her previous drama, She try to save her daughter that kidnaped. I truly hoped Lee bo young unnie and the child actress gets award for their exceptional acting... Guys let's cheer and Vote for them..... Nice drama, Minahil Feb 04 2018 3:42 am

Couldn't help myself choking from crying so much through various episodes, especially on last few ones. Thank you! No complaints at all!

Who is Chang-Geun's partner'so name? How many episods will be?

It shows emotion and touches viewers. W4GRB.pid=new Array(); Learned a lot... Lee Hye Young was always sooooo good in her every role she portrayed! Omomo Feb 19 2018 3:54 am It aired on tvN's Wednesdays and Thursdays at 21:30 (KST) time slot from January 24 to March 15, 2018.[3][4][5][6]. Nothing left to say except for OMG my heart is breaking hard and waterworks will not stop flowing from my eyes.

Dysphoria Jan 23 2018 4:08 am Child actress Heo Yool (Hye-Na) is so good along with Lee Bo Young. i'm not really a fan of korean dramas but OH MY GOD the japanese version (the orginal) is a must watch!!!! i think mother and misty will compete as the best drama of the year.. Saly Mar 16 2018 1:33 pm Thank you so much for this! i cried so hard toward the end of ep15, so heartbreaking yet very beautiful :') just curious how Hyena's mother is feeling after her own daughter chose Yoonbok's mom. Junie Mar 16 2018 3:15 pm I dont know why she’s being a b about everything esp yhe money and becoming a chairwoman.

Im so glad that it portrays such a problem, i hope it makes people aware of such issues.

I felt every emotion... great story line that touches the heart and soul. I wish i had daughter like her. Showing the biggest respect to all the cast. Hurray to all the mothers!!! Superb acting.

Carol Jan 24 2018 12:10 pm

So I finished it once again. Recomended. Good drama. It quickly earned a place in my top faves. The first four-hour script reading of the cast was held on November 1, 2017 at, This page was last edited on 11 September 2020, at 06:42.

korean version are ripping apart the source material just for the sake of rating with addition of too many kdrama bullshit like a serial killer boyfriend, detective sherlock holmes, love potential, product placement, and over the top kdrama clumsiness and dumbness.

I don't understand why this drama doesn't have a higher rating above. Most of the supporting casts are also good at expressing their characters. Even story of the villain was very sad and heartbreaking. :') Mar 21 2018 2:30 pm Hillaryhtet Jan 11 2018 2:40 pm W4GRB.pid[1]=175692; if(typeof(W4GRB)=="undefined") pjewel Mar 15 2018 10:26 pm In the orphanage?? well lets give it a try, missjb Dec 20 2017 5:51 pm And the writers behind the handmaiden?

kanamy Mar 13 2018 11:20 am Hands down! I cried while watching the first episode. Because too soon to be emotional but can't hold it, the storyline and their acting are super amazing.

. LBY is perfect for the role.

Cohlleen Ching Mar 25 2018 12:59 am that high school soo jin in ep 12...... thats kim hyun soo right ?? Wah! The Japanese version was so good, hopefully this one will do the same, if not better. [CDATA[ This is example of art in its finest. Heo Yool is a really great actress and definitely brought the drama to life. i can't stop watching.

I bet that this drama will not have high ratings in Korea because it is about child abuse which is something out of the norm of kdramas.

The japanese version was the first drama I ever watched...I cried...a river. LOVE LOVE LOVE this drama.

What why do Koreans needs to have an Audience pampering ending even if it is unrealistic, lady you broke the law, played cat and mouse with the Police for months, there is no way you get to legally adopt the baby, it is reality, even if you have all my sympathy. I love this drama.

Thank you!

NickSJ Mar 26 2020 6:23 pm

And seem to find her under cameos?? Every character, and every actor is tremendous, and what a great job in casting! Jay from 4th floor Apr 09 2018 4:40 pm Production quality, in general, is superb. I really hate Soo-Jin 2nd sister.

Also, she is the one that Hye Na can rely on, so best thing that Hye Na can stay with her. SJ let her sister take HN to school for the first time and her sister is verbally abusive toward HN.

I hope that yoon bak does not go back to her mother but if the mother is willing to change there I can see why she would want to go becasue it is her mother afterall. its so heart wrenching. Heri Winata Mar 10 2018 4:02 am the japanese version succeed to make me cry on each episodes, the girl's acting is outstanding. Reuben Dzari Mar 18 2018 2:42 pm It really is a beautifully made drama.

Its one of a few dramas that you dont want to end. Can anyone tell me where is the filming location (city/ town name) of Hye-Na original home or the name of the port she was found missing? Lee Bo Young is by far the most amazing female actress (in my opinion). After that I felt so sad and sorry for almost 4 days, just simply living them by, because this was SO impactful. Mother (Korean: 마더; RR: Madeo) is a 2018 South Korean television series starring Lee Bo-young, Heo Yool and Lee Hye-young. and yes we are of asian heritage. I've watched over 200 k-dramas, and this one is in my top 5. This drama reminds me of humanity still exist and greatest love share between non biological mother and children can't be separated by any means if their own birth mother don't care of their children love of them and emotions.. Again it also reminds me (refers to soo jin's biological mother) Mother love to her children is the only true love in this world She is ever ready to sacrifice everything for her children to be happy irrespective of her situation.. im rating this drama 10 of 10..

It’s like korean society just want to wat h dramas like dots and call it good when its just the cliche three way love triangle and the wishy washy I love him then I dont love him stuff.
For this movie, the good intention, Soo Jin should be under probation and serve some community time instead. This is an amazing drama. I loved this drama beyond words. Very good drama.

Hot Damn!!! It is amazing and shows things that can happen in real life. In fact, everyone in this drama were amazing playing their role.

Reuben Perri Feb 19 2018 9:16 pm The second episode is already out!

They damaged a child, not only physical abuse, but also mentally damage her childhood.

I strongly recommend watching. Wwoowow!! It was so painful to watch, but also so beautiful and I'm glad that I found this show. sharmaine Mar 21 2018 1:52 pm

it will be great!! lara Mar 19 2018 1:04 am especially Yoon Bok!!! Queen is back after whispher!! I love how the storyline, acting, background music, monologues, to cinematography harmonize and created this masterpiece. My fav drama ever... 1st place all the time... Mary Tony De Asis Jun 26 2019 4:38 pm Lee - 9/10 Sep 19 2018 11:25 pm Chunli Jan 10 2020 3:16 am Mother[2] (Korean: 마더; RR: Madeo) is a 2018 South Korean television series starring Lee Bo-young, Heo Yool and Lee Hye-young. She has moved from house to house--living with the stranger whom she tried to get fake passport from, her bio mom, the Dr, and her adopted mother. This drama is beautiful and absolutely heartbreaking!! Thanks a million if I can get some info on the above location! This drama is beautifully shot, and wonderfully acted. Does anybody know who played the younger version of Young Shin when she met Soo Jin? zimply mee Mar 01 2018 1:14 am I hate saying this but seeing soo jin going to jail for several gor her crime would be a bittersweet ending.

Who in their right might would let their kid go to an outside bathroom without supervision, with a key by themselves in the cold, dark, snowy night. Highly recommended. Yanique Feb 27 2018 10:16 am Kitty Cate Mar 15 2018 6:52 pm

Thank you so much for depicting the true love of mankind.. Minahil Mar 18 2018 10:49 am The casts were so great. I give it a 9/10!

Zewicy Mar 17 2018 4:06 pm Soo-Jin is aware of her situation and decides to become her mother. I'm not really a big fan of Lee Bo Young. Wise Prison Life and Mother are the best of 2018 so far.

Very deep drama.Lee Bo Young is at her best.Little Girl is amazing.Writing is very well detailed.Every character feels real.I hope drama will be appreciated as much as it deserves. She really deserves it. A story that needs to be told. Drama; Lee Seohwa Jan 26 2018 6:02 am I do have a questions. It makes me cried so much every time I watch.

It makes me cry and touched. This is a great Mother-Daughter drama. what's lacking is it's a bit slow-paced, but catch up very fast after ep8. I am so excited for this drama. the chemistry is great too! Amazing drama , i am really loving it. Dang, all these time I thought that the sec sister was biological daughter to the adopted mother but she’s not! Despite all the sadness in drama, it gives you so much hope and love that none drama ever gave, because this one is very realistic. Recomended drama every epsode made me cry offer.

Just an fyi to new watchers, this is not a romance but more of a melodrama that will make you cry every episode haha. Excellent acting!

This show truly captured the meaning of what it is to be a mother, and what a mother is able to endure for her child. The first asian drama to selected cannes, Fatinah Mar 15 2018 7:07 am Alexey Apr 27 2020 8:52 am definitely 9/10 drama! Watched the first episode and cried! Windy Dec 28 2017 11:13 pm

The actors are all wonderful, especially the child Heo Yool. Surrender Jan 26 2018 9:06 am Pil Jeong is a single, divorced mom of two who swore that she’ll never get married again. Levy Aug 24 2019 7:51 pm Best drama for this year,.made me into tears in every episode....well recomended...UPS!!

Every episode was a tear-jerker for me, one of a kind, a true gem. I am looking forward to see Heo Yool in another drama in the future again... Ame86 Mar 16 2018 8:33 pm

Cannes tv series festival 2018 There is no romance in this drama - it's all about mother's love, and it's wonderfully done. One of the best kdramas i have seen! Sangay Leoy Jan 28 2018 4:51 am Some people may find it too slow, but the slowness gives time for me to look for the details and value of this drama.