Emily Kaplan picks Rangers rookie Kaapo Kakko as a breakout star this season, while Greg Wyshynski likes Avalanche defenseman Cale Makar. - Sportsnet analyst Sam Cosentino, "I've described Kakko for me as one of the very best low offensive zone power forwards I've seen at his age in a long, long time. You need to be Premium to access this feature. All the latest stats, news, highlights and more about Kaapo Kakko on TSN. Ranked #2 by Future Considerations, 2019 NHL Entry Draft: The Rangers signed No. Kakko, Makar highlight potential breakout stars Emily Kaplan picks Rangers rookie Kaapo Kakko as a breakout star this season, while Greg Wyshynski likes … COHEN: What’s Working for Kaapo Kakko, and What’s Not? Important: An official team/league url or a team document must be provided for us to update player stats. Chris Wescott Latest News: Feb. 11 6:46 PM PT 7:46 PM MT 8:46 PM CT 9:46 PM ET 2:46 GMT 10:46 7:46 PM MST 8:46 PM CST 9:46 PM EST 6:46 UAE (+1) 21:46 ET 0:46 BRT - Kaapo Kakko had 11:21 of ice time in the Rangers' 4-1 win over the Jets on Tuesday. All the latest stats, news, highlights and more about Kaapo Kakko on TSN. "We saw what he did at the World Championships. The offensively dynamic and feisty forward is ranked first among European skaters by NHL Central Scouting. Rangers sign top pick Lafreniere to rookie deal, Where the star 2020 NHL draft prospects land on 'The Auston Matthews Scale', Rivalry renewed: Devils, Rangers start new eras on different feet, Impact rookies, sleeper prospects for the 2019-20 NHL season, New York Rangers 2019-20 season preview: Time to deliver on all that potential, Kakko, Makar highlight potential breakout stars, Ranking the top 100 NHL prospects for 2019-20. "I think he's going to be a force on the wing. Per the IIHF, Kakko became the youngest player to win gold at the Under-18, World Juniors and World Championships, surpassing Edmonton's Connor McDavid. Family relations - Devils Senior Director of Player Personnel Dan MacKinnon. Sign up at the top of the website. EP Rinkside Prospect Pool Rankings: No. Get access to our unique free agency lists and many more premium features, © Photo: Andrea Branca - HeShootsHeScoores. Ranked #2 by TSN/McKenzie, 2019 NHL Entry Draft: / newjerseydevils.com. Here's what comes next. Brother: Konsta Kakko, Powered by The Devils will get an opportunity to speak with him closer to the draft. Franchise Hockey Manager, Get access to Skill Rating and many more premium features, 2019 NHL Entry Draft: 1 pick in the NHL draft, “I see it as 50-50″ – scouts weigh in on the Hughes vs. Kakko debate, Hughes vs. Kakko – the debate is heating up, Avenging Laine: Time for Kakko to show the Finn can beat the American, Log in or go premium to post and read comments. He reads the game exceptionally well and finds himself a step ahead while the play is still developing. Outstanding performance for being one of the youngest players in the tournament at the World Championships. The Finnish phenom stole the show at the 2019 IIHF World Championships this offseason, putting a stamp on what has already been a phenomenal draft year. Rantanen is probably a top-25 player in the world. Kaapo Kakko Right Wing -- shoots L Born Feb 13 2001 -- Turku, Finland [19 yrs. Kakko ended his 2018-19 regular season with 22 goals and 16 assists in 45 games for TPS in Liiga. NHL, the NHL Shield, the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup and NHL Conference logos are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. The Rangers won the offseason, but landing Kaapo Kakko, Artemi Panarin and Jacob Trouba doesn't guarantee immediate success. With his size, Kakko protects the puck well and uses his high hockey IQ to make smart offensive plays. Kaapo Kakko full statistics, game log, splits stats with cool charts.