Lima died on the morning of May 23, 2010, at age 37. God Bless Jose and may his soul rest in peace. He...", "Jose fue un Placer conocerte te recuerdo con un gran carino y admiracion que Dios te tenga en su Gloria ya que el Cielo se llevo a un Angel que hacia falta. 12, 2019. MILFORD- Jose Geraldo de Lima, 29 de Milford faleceu na Segunda- Feira dia 29 de Janeiro, 2007 no Centro Medico Regionald de Milford. “Preferred” listings, or those with featured website buttons, indicate YP advertisers who directly provide information about their businesses to help consumers make more informed buying decisions. Loading ... MUERTE DE JOSE LIMA, 2010, HECHA POR FRANKLIN NUÑEZ.mpg - Duration: 8:58. José Desiderio Rodriguez Lima (September 30, 1972 – May 23, 2010) was a Dominican right-handed pitcher who spent thirteen seasons in Major League Baseball (MLB) with the Detroit Tigers (1994–1996, 2001–2002), Houston Astros (1997–2001), Kansas City Royals (2003, 2005), Los Angeles Dodgers (2004) and New York Mets (2006). [9][10], On July 12, 2010, David Ortiz paid tribute to his late friend by dedicating his All-Star Home Run Derby win to Lima. Surviving are his wife of 40 years, Sheila M (Mulligan), sons, Joseph and Thomas Lima (Kat), daughters, Jennifer Abdou (Emad) and Sheila Ellis (Bill), grandchildren, Omar & Dina, Mother-in-law, Cecelia Mulligan and Godfather Mario Mercado as well as his beloved Mulligan Clan of many brothers, sisters, nieces & nephews. You are welcome to visit our North Winchester Boulevard funeral home to meet our team and tour our facility. He was a very good person and a great ball player! On June 23, 2001, Lima was traded back to Detroit in exchange for Dave Mlicki. [8] These factors are similar to those you might use to determine which business to select from a local Yellow Pages directory, including proximity to where you are searching, expertise in the specific services or products you need, and comprehensive business information to help evaluate a business's suitability for you. They go above and beyond my expectations. Subscribe to LALATE on YouTube. Te extranamos mucho (qepd) Jose Lima", "RIP my dear Jose...you are STILL missed...". Born in St Croix, Virgin Islands he resided in North Bergen for 17 years before moving to Toms River in 1996. Met with a very helpful and professional woman who efficiently but compassionately assisted us through the process making…, I had to arrange to remove my brother's body from the county morgue or storage charges would begin. 5/23/2010 11:25 AM PT Former MLB pitcher Jose Lima was found dead at home this morning of an apparent heart attack. I am both shocked and saddened to learn of Jose's sudden passing. In 2007, Lima also played for Saraperos de Saltillo in the Mexican League. Jose Lima’s funeral arrangements following his death announced Sunday have not been released. Over the…. Here at Lima Family Mortuary for a friend's funeral service. YP - The Real Yellow PagesSM - helps you find the right local businesses to meet your specific needs. Jose Lima’s funeral arrangements following his death announced Sunday have not been released. We always felt helped with their staff. Please contact the business for updated hours/services due to the COVID-19 advisory. Nobody enjoyed the game more than him, and we’re going to miss him.”, Joe Torre said Lima was a showman who could always pull the big winning games under pressure. My heart goes out to his wife and kids for their loss. Lima was traded by the Armada to the Edmonton Capitals for former Chicago White Sox first-round draft pick Kris Honel on July 31, 2009. He was known for his flamboyant celebrations after his victories in the face of opponents. José Desiderio Rodriguez Lima (September 30, 1972 – May 23, 2010) was a Dominican right-handed pitcher who spent thirteen seasons in Major League Baseball (MLB) with the Detroit Tigers (1994–1996, 2001–2002), Houston Astros (1997–2001), Kansas City Royals (2003, 2005), Los Angeles Dodgers (2004) and New York Mets (2006). From Business: Each one of us is unique with our own story to tell. Jose was a jovial person and would do just about anything for you. He worked as a Federal Officer for the US Dept of Defense at Joint Base McGuire Dix Lakehurst for 34 years before retiring in 2013. 2:05. [1][2] An autopsy did not determine the cause of death, but stated that due to the condition of his heart, he likely died of a cardiac arrhythmia. Share Jose's life story with friends and family. He was a kind, loving gentleman who would do anything for everyone. Lima signed with the Long Beach Armada of the independent Golden Baseball League (GBL) on March 27, 2009. I didn't know who he was until he told me his name. A father figure to so many. Didn't find what you were looking for? His best year in the majors was 1999, when he won 21 games for the Astros and pitched in his only All-Star Game. He pitched a total of four games for the Capitals, going 1–2 in the regular season and losing his only GBL playoff appearance.[6]. Yesterday the death of José Lima at age 37 of a heart attack shocked world of sports internationally from Los Angeles, where Lima was found dead, to the Dominican Republic. YP, the YP logo and all other YP marks contained herein are trademarks of YP LLC and/or YP affiliated companies. All Rights Reserved. He pitched for the Newark Bears in the Independent Atlantic League early in 2003, but returned to MLB in June 2003, when he was acquired by the Kansas City Royals. Lima made his Major League debut with the Detroit Tigers on April 20, 1994, at age 21 making a start against the Kansas City Royals. My stepfather passed away recently, and it is so hard to know who to trust and where to go to get help with funeral services. Their main goal is to help not. He joined the Los Angeles Dodgers in 2004. Jose Lima Dead – Jose Dies at 37. 1972, died 2010, Lima Time He worked as a Federal Officer for the US Dept of Defense at Joint Base McGuire Dix Lakehurst for 34 years before retiring in 2013. See reviews, photos, directions, phone numbers and more for the best Funeral Directors in San Jose, CA. José Lima’s funeral arrangements remain pending. In the Dominican Winter Baseball League, he played for the Águilas Cibaeñas. Welcome to George C. Lima Funeral Home, Inc. If I can't start on this ballclub, I must be the worst pitcher on Earth.". This is what I posted on the other Lima Family Erickson with the same address. José Lima’s funeral arrangements remain pending. After that, he was sent down to the Korea Baseball Futures League, and media reported that Lima would be released from the Tigers. [7] He also had two sons. Share to let others add their own memories and condolences. The obituary was featured in Legacy on May 23, 2010. I'm very sorry and saddened to hear about Jose's passing. He was a good baseball player and a good friend. Jose M Lima 63 of Toms River died suddenly at home. In lieu of flowers please make donations to St Jude Children's Research Hospital 501 St Jude Place Memphis, TN 38105. Here at Lima Family Mortuary for a friend's funeral service. So I didn't have a lot of time to shop around.…, From Business: Worldwide Funeral Shipping (WFS) specializes in transporting deceased loved ones across the United States or their return back to their country of origin…. View their obituary at Legacy.com Please help others by helping us do better. May he rest in peace and may the Saints guide him home. Lima started off fast in Kansas City, he was 7–0 with a 2.17 ERA after eight starts. In 2005, he returned to Kansas City as a free agent but managed only to compile a record of 5–16, while posting a 6.99 ERA and was not re-signed by the club.