"After 40-plus years of touring and the heat of the 'sex, drugs and rock and roll' lifestyle, it's going to catch up to you sooner or later. TERMS OF SERVICE / Last year Turner, who was with Rainbow between 1980 and 1984, criticised Ritchie Blackmore’s decision to reactivate the band with a new-look lineup, calling the move “not so much disappointing as it was shocking.”, He added: “Why would anyone of Blackmore’s iconic nature want to come out and not be as good as he can be?”. https://t.co/u18mj5tzaO, Wishing all the best and a speed recovery to one of my heroes, Mr. @joelynnturner ? There’s been no word yet from Turner’s camp, with the singer due to go out on tour from April 25 when he’s scheduled to play Gothenburg’s Sticky Fingers. More information JLT's official website www.joelynnturner.com. © During Turner's time with RAINBOW, the band had its first USA chart success and recorded songs that helped define the melodic rock genre. Want to send love and healing thoughts to my old pal Joe Lynn Turner! Once you're logged in, you will be able to comment. PRIVACY POLICY / ADVERTISE / BLABBERMOUTH.NET story or review, you must be logged in to an active personal account on Facebook. The new Sunstorm album. Please refresh the page and try again. © 2020 Blabbermouth.net https://t.co/W3P4HocE9J. By 1990 saw Turner reunited with RAINBOW leader Ritchie Blackmore in a reformed DEEP PURPLE for the "Slaves And Masters" album. 1990 saw Turner reunited with RAINBOW leader Ritchie Blackmore in a reformed DEEP PURPLE for the "Slaves And Masters" album. Finnish booking agent Stahl Entertainment announced a short time later that he will abstain from touring in the near future. Former RAINBOW and DEEP PURPLE frontman Joe Lynn Turner, who suffered a heart attack a year and a half ago, says that he is fully recovered and healthier than ever. BLABBERMOUTH.NET WISHING MY BUDDY JOE LYNN TURNER A COMPLETE AND SPEEDY RECOVERY! CONTACT, TESTAMENT's ALEX SKOLNICK Shares Another Anti-DONALD TRUMP Rap Song 'Wear A F**king Mask', New NERVOSA Lineup Announces 'Perpetual Chaos' Album, Unveils 'Guided By Evil' Music Video, ANGUS YOUNG: AC/DC Was MALCOLM YOUNG's 'Baby, His Life', METALLICA Announces 'Live & Acoustic From HQ' Streaming Charity Event, PUSCIFER Announces 'Existential Reckoning: Live At Arcosanti; Livestream Event. Thank you for signing up to Classic Rock. To report spam or any abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic or threatening comments, or anything that may violate any applicable laws, use the "Report to Facebook" and "Mark as spam" links that appear next to the comments themselves. BA1 1UA. To do so, click the downward arrow on the top-right corner of the Facebook comment (the arrow is invisible until you roll over it) and select the appropriate action. reserves the right to "hide" comments that may be considered offensive, illegal or inappropriate and to "ban" users that violate the site's Terms Of Service. Former RAINBOW and DEEP PURPLE frontman Joe Lynn Turner, who suffered a heart attack a year and a half ago, says that he is fully recovered and healthier than ever. reserves the right to "hide" comments that may be considered offensive, illegal or inappropriate and to "ban" users that violate the site's Terms Of Service. Turner's hospitalization was first reported by the Russian state news agency RIA Novosti, which quoted the press service of the Ministry of Health of Belarus as saying that the singer's condition was "stable" after he was treated at a Minsk facility for "myocardial infarction," commonly known as a heart attack. User comments or postings do not reflect the viewpoint of All rights reserved. Former Rainbow and Deep Purple vocalist Joe Lynn Turner has been taken to hospital in Belarus with a “heart issue”. Wishing my buddy @joelynnturner a speedy recovery, love ya bro!! © 2020 Blabbermouth.net Joe was the frontman of RAINBOW between 1980 and 1984 and he sang on the album "Difficult To Cure", which featured the band's most successful U.K. single, "I Surrender". The 66-year-old singer is married to Maya Kozyreva, a lawyer from Minsk. Joe Lynn Turner - Interview - 11/4/1984 - Rock Influence . Turner's presence at the hospital was also reported by Belarus's most influential daily newspaper, the state-owned SB Belarus Segodnya. Once you're logged in, you will be able to comment. Joe Lynn Turner - In Your Eyes Joe suffered a heart attack at his home in Minsk, Belarus yesterday and is listed in stable condition in hospital. Hidden comments will still appear to the user and to the user's Facebook friends. My thoughts and prayers go out to long time friend and Big Noize alumnus @joelynnturner who is recovering from a heart attack. You can also send an e-mail to blabbermouthinbox(@)gmail.com with pertinent details. criticised Ritchie Blackmore’s decision to reactivate the band with a new-look lineup, ‘Eddie Van Halen was a far better man than I'll ever be,’ says Gene Simmons, ‘Your days are numbered’, Jon Bon Jovi warns President Trump, The Struts' Luke Spiller: I wanna play Joe Elliott in a Def Leppard movie, The Struts master the classic rock arts on third album Strange Days, Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown's Pressure is a true coming of age. Joe Lynn Turner (born Joseph Arthur Mark Linquito, August 2, 1951) is an American singer, guitarist, songwriter, and producer.He is known for his work in the hard rock bands Rainbow, Yngwie J. Malmsteen and Deep Purple. http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/former-rainbow-and-deep-purple-singer-joe-lynn-turner-hospitalized-with-heart-issue/. We love you, Joe.". To report spam or any abusive, obscene, defamatory, racist, homophobic or threatening comments, or anything that may violate any applicable laws, use the "Report to Facebook" and "Mark as spam" links that appear next to the comments themselves. Earlier today, fellow former RAINBOW vocalist Bonnet confirmed the reports, posting a Facebook photo of him with Joe and writing in an accompanying caption: "My friend Joe was hospitalized in Minsk with a heart issue last night and myself, [GRAHAM BONNET BAND bassist] Beth-Ami [Heavenstone] and the rest of the GRAHAM BONNET BAND wish him a complete and speedy recovery. "I've cleaned up my act a lot and feel like I have a new lease on life," he said. We love you, Joe. We love you, Joe.”. BLABBERMOUTH.NET Please deactivate your ad blocker in order to see our subscription offer. ADVERTISE / It was just a hell of a way to do it.". "After 40-plus years of touring and the heat of the 'sex, drugs and rock and roll' lifestyle, it's going to catch up to you sooner or later. CONTACT, SAMMY HAGAR: EDDIE VAN HALEN Asked Me 'What Took You So Long?' Sign up below to get the latest from Classic Rock, plus exclusive special offers, direct to your inbox! God bless you my friend and speedy recovery #carloscavazo @VinnyAppice1 pic.twitter.com/nLU1fI87eI. Former Rainbow and Deep Purple vocalist Joe Lynn Turner has been taken to hospital in Belarus with a “heart issue”. Future Publishing Limited Quay House, The Ambury, To do so, click the downward arrow on the top-right corner of the Facebook comment (the arrow is invisible until you roll over it) and select the appropriate action. https://t.co/DS5GuY4vYK, Wishing our friend @joelynnturner a speedy recovery!!!! Receive news and offers from our other brands? The Metal Circus' entire interview with Joe Lynn Turner is available for streaming at this location. and does not endorse, or guarantee the accuracy of, any user comment. BLABBERMOUTH.NET has reached out to Turner's representative for more information on the singer's condition and will update this story accordingly. and BLABBERMOUTH.NET discography. (Classic Rock) 16 April 2018, Former Rainbow frontman Joe Lynn Turner taken to hospital in Belarus with reported “heart issue”. Please keep my friend Joe Lynn Turner in your prayers. You can also send an e-mail to blabbermouthinbox(@)gmail.com with pertinent details. Turner's presence at the hospital was also reported by Belarus's most influential daily newspaper, the state-owned SB Belarus Segodnya.