By signing up you are agreeing to our, The Internet Has All the Proof That Tiffany Haddish and Maya Rudolph Need to Host the Oscars, ‘You Bet Your Ass I've Got Regrets.’ As Election Day Nears, More of Trump’s Former Officials Are Speaking Out Against Him, Sign up to receive the top stories you need to know now on politics, health and more, © 2020 TIME USA, LLC. Laura Dern

The Beaver is a 2011 drama film directed by Jodie Foster and written by Kyle Killen. Traditionally, the previous year’s acting winners present the same categories for the opposite gender at the Oscars. Jennifer Garner Foster, clad in a shimmering Burberry gown, was accompanied by her wife Alexandra Hedison (the two wed in September) and her two sons Charlie and Kit. Mark Hamill
https://time100.time.com/2013/04/18/time-100/slide/jennifer-lawrence The move to enlist women for the lead acting presentations comes in the wake of the #MeToo and Time’s Up movements that took center stage this awards season, calling attention to sexual misbehavior, gender inequality and power dynamics, among other issues. On Thursday, it was announced that a moment has been carved out on the show for the Time’s Up organization, which launched a legal defense fund in January for those who have experienced sexual harassment, assault, or abuse in the workplace.

Text us for exclusive photos and videos, royal news, and way more. Lawrence and Foster stepped into the role of replacement presenters after Casey Affleck withdrew from the responsibility in January in the wake of sexual harassment allegations.

Jennifer Lawrence and Jodie Foster presented the Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role Sunday night at the 90th annual Academy Awards, but not before taking a moment to rib on Hollywood icon Meryl Streep. Introducing ... PEOPLE's Products Worth the Hype.

Just so you know: I am not done yet!”. Foster, who also directed The Beaver, recently caught up with Lawrence, who was at home in Los Angeles. BEVERLY HILLS, CA – OCTOBER 28: Honoree Jodie Foster (R) accepts the Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Film from actress Jennifer Lawrence onstage during the 2016 AMD British Academy Britannia Awards presented by Jaguar Land Rover and American Airlines at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on October 28, 2016 in Beverly Hills, California.

Ashley Judd

Gina Rodriguez Nothing says a family vacation like an RV, Princess Diana died when Harry was just 12 years old, It's looked — and felt — like a whole different world as we've been social distancing and attempting to keep each other safe, See All the Celebs Taking RV Trips This Summer, The Sweetest Photos of Princes Harry with Diana, From Empty Streets to Virtual Weddings: What Life Has Looked Like During the Coronavirus Pandemic.

A troubled husband and executive adopts a beaver hand-puppet as his sole means of communication.

Eva Marie Saint

“I was new to the industry and was scared of fame turning me into a weirdo,” she revealed. Eugenio Derbez

I interviewed Nastassja Kinski [February 1983] and this professor guy who I knew [Vincent Scully, May 1981], and a couple of other people. Directed by Jodie Foster.

“But when I would watch Jodie – the smart, solid, rational person who treated everyone around her with complete respect and who was never fake – I knew there was hope.

You'll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications. Helen Mirren

“I was lucky enough to be directed by Jodie in a movie called – wait for it – The Beaver,” deadpanned Lawrence, recalling her stint in Foster’s 2011 film featuring Mel Gibson as a man who can only communicate through a puppet shaped like a stuffed beaver. Kumail Nanjiani (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images). So thank you all for letting me stick around – and I’m not done yet. Call it a mutual admiration society: one-time child actress turned Academy Award-winning movie star Jennifer Lawrence paid tribute to one-time child actress turned two-time Oscar winner and filmmaker Jodie Foster, who admitted that the two also share a history of clumsiness at awards ceremonies. Lupita Nyong’o

Gal Gadot Ansel Elgort

“But even Stanley Kubrick wouldn’t have the balls to direct a feature film starring a hand puppet!”.

“I make movies. I’m there to remind her, in fact I’m going to send her the tape of my very first BAFTA win in 1975 and I had made a huge face plant right onto Princess Anne‘s shoes.