You may want to occupy yourself with self-destroying and hope that your beloved one will see and understand your pain — but they won't. Put a stop to whatever relation you have with this person and tell your final goodbye to them because it’s the only way to help yourself be better. What makes you think that you’ll be forever stuck in this situation? But don't force that person to be in love with you. You can’t control how you feel, but you can learn to get past the pain of romantic rejection and move on with your life. Just because one person doesn’t care for you doesn’t mean that you’ll never get the love you deserve. Turn up your favorite songs, and dance for as long as you are able to move. Thanks a lot. Cry if you want to. Delete the other person from your phone. In fact, you've started expanding your repertoire to include things that aren't about love, or the pain of love. It could mean a family member who lets you call them when you're feeling upset. Knowing you’re not alone may not make the pain go away, but it may be easier to bear knowing that you’re not the only person to go through this. Never thought about it that way. When you show how much you care about them, all they feel toward you is condescension. ", it out step by step. The next step into this process is to really accept the harsh truth, no matter how painful it might be. It’s easy to feel like the other person rejected you because you weren’t pretty/smart/buff/whatever enough. I realize that I'm just wasting my energy on someone who is not invested in, "This story helped me to cry out my hurt for the other person whom I am love with. Don’t make this a huge amount of time; 10-15 minutes will do. Or you keep getting your hopes up that they will grow to love you sometime in the future. It never happened. Take a step back and think neutrally, and then analyze how good/bad she was! Approved. I may not be in love, just infatuated with her, but I know that she is not interested in me because of the huge age difference. "Everything in this article helped me so much. When you are absorbed in your dark thoughts, you usually start neglecting yourself. Some people may repeatedly fall for others who reject them, especially if you didn’t feel secure in your emotional attachment to your parents as a child. This article was so helpful in helping me break through, and now I feel like a completely better person. Fun is particularly important because of how it works on your brain. Remember when you're in the ice ready to be put in a coffin, that person will be happy. While you've been spending so much time obsessing over this other person, important aspects of you have been languishing on the side of the road. If you want to take a few days to sleep it off, do that. Besides feeling that your emotions are out of your control, you also wonder why you aren’t enough for this person to love you back. If they avoid spending time with you or talking to you, act cold or distant, or don’t treat you with respect, then they probably don’t love you (or at least don’t know how to treat a loved one appropriately). This article was co-authored by Trudi Griffin, LPC, MS. Trudi Griffin is a Licensed Professional Counselor in Wisconsin specializing in Addictions and Mental Health. married again. She received her MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Marquette University in 2011. You need to stop replaying the good old memories over and over in your head. However, if you don’t trust their answer, you can also look at their actions. Try to look at your love from a different perspective. King Solomon had a ring with the phrase "This too shall pass" inscribed on it. Nevertheless, you’ve managed to overcome all of your problems and obstacles, haven’t you? 68 Quotes About Loving Someone Who Doesn't Love You Back, If He Doesn’t Try To Stop You From Leaving, Don’t Ever Look Back, 68 Quotes About Loving Someone Who Doesn’t Love You Back, 5 Things To Remember When He Doesn’t Love You Back.