UFC heading back to Fight Island this year. His cardio’s not great. The Bash. Anthony versus Nate is going to be fun. (Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images). Israel Adesanya says Jon Jones has no room to give him flack for not moving up to 205 pounds after teasing a heavyweight move for years and not following through. “He’s simple right? “I think it’s pretty easy,” Askren explained. We’ve always had each other’s back, I’m so lucky to have these guys in my career and in my life. I think Anthony is going to kick Nate’s ass and I don’t know that will really affect me that much.”. Ben Askren last fight was ago against Demian Maia at UFC Fight Night: Maia vs. Askren. Probably slow at sipping on those margaritas also. On Saturday in Singapore at UFC Fight Night 162, Demian Maia handed Ben Askren another stoppage loss. Rodolfo Vieira (7-0) vs. Markus Perez (12-3); UFC Fight Night, Oct. 10.

Israel Adesanya: Jon Jones ‘scared’ of heavyweight, ‘I’m coming for him’ at International Fight Week 2021. (Photo by Jeff Bottari/Zuffa LLC/Zuffa LLC via Getty Images), welterweight bout during the UFC Fight Night event at Singapore Indoor Stadium on October 26, 2019 in Singapore. And while it won’t happen this year, Askren does hint that next year might be a possibility. If you find something you’d like to see in the Morning Report, hit up @JedKMeshew on Twitter and let him know about it. If he loses his next fight, there will be no excuses or explanation for his futility in the UFC. Critics, both reasonable and emotional, will have no other choice but to call him an overrated fighter who couldn’t get it done against the best welterweights in the world. Passing to side control is tempting but in MMA usually results in a scramble with our opponent securing some single leg variation which they can use to stand up. And obviously, I’ve told you the UFC has expressed interest in giving me another fight but dude, my hip is so bad. The most recent loss is even more excusable. Last year, former Bellator and ONE Championship welterweight champion Ben Askren officially retired from MMA, following a disappointing run in the UFC. I enjoy fighting. Tomorrow we will talk about controlling mount and finishing. I think obviously him beating “Wonderboy” was fantastic, I loved that. @Mickmaynard2 @danawhite https://t.co/f6Gcdz5UP8, Up 1 ⬆️ In the stacked Middleweight division . Following that, Askren was submitted by Demian Maia and then retired from the sport with an overall record of 19-2, 1 No Contest. He took Askren’s back and locked in the choke that put his opponent out just as he tapped.

I think this puts me closer to that,” Askren said about his fight against Masvidal. Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own. In his announcement, Askren… Will it be Brian Ortega or Chan Sung Jung who emerges as the No.

We’ll figure it when we get there,” Askren said. Lawler is toward the end of what will be a Hall-of-Fame MMA career once he finally walks away, but he’s not an easy opponent. https://t.co/TZOZd06RCC, Too slow bro. I thought Herb Dean made the right call on the stoppage as it appeared Lawler went out momentarily. Askren has engaged in a back-and-forth war of words with Usman ever since arriving in the UFC so the rivalry is already ingrained into the potential title fight. Israel Adesanya: Jon Jones ‘scared’ of heavyweight, ‘I’m coming for him’ at International Fight Week 2021. 1 contender’, Morning Report: Ben Askren outlines what it will take for him to come out of retirement, Morning Report: Dana White ‘guarantees’ Conor McGregor won’t fight in 2020, Men's UFC 253 Adesanya vs Costa Artist Series Event T-Shirt, Israel Adesanya Champion Authentic UFC Fight Night Walkout Jersey, Paulo Costa Chalk UFC Fight Night Walkout Hoodie Replica, Israel "The Last Stylebender" Adesanya Silhouette T-Shirt, Dana White: Contracts just need to be signed for Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier 2, nixes AT&T stadium suggestion. Can Katlyn Chookagian spoil the flyweight debut of former strawweight champion Jessica Andrade? Fights Gone By. “I feel like I’m gonna have to do something to make sure I don’t get too heavy,” Askren said. Ben Askren next fight: PENDING. “He is not a threat in the slightest bit to the welterweight division. 1 weapon, but he was matched up with a man that I consider to be the greatest Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu practitioner in MMA history in Maia. All Rights Reserved, This is a BETA experience. We’re the 3 kings of @AKA_HQ and we went to the moon! In December 2008, he went to Coconut Creek, Florida to train at the American Top Team main school where many top fighters train. Askren doesn’t look like a fighter. Speaking recently on his own podcast, Askren revealed that he would be willing to come out of retirement under certain circumstances. Dana White still has no plans to strip Jon Jones of his UFC light heavyweight title.

Righting all of my wrongs tour. Askren gives Diaz credit for staying relevant after his last fight happened in 2016 but ultimately he doesn’t see him as a legitimate threat to the top contenders in the welterweight division including his teammate in Pettis. In his announcement, Askren, 36, revealed that he had been having issues with his hip for several years and, upon consulting with doctors, it was deemed he needed a hip replacement, effectively ending his career. He has what many would describe as a dad bod, and he’s 35 years old. Even with that dynamic, Askren looked to be winning through two-plus rounds before he made the mistake of going to the ground. Stylistically, Askren couldn’t have had a much tougher opponent.

Maia scored a skillful third-round submission victory via rear-naked choke to defeat the world-class wrestler. Strip. Falling short has grave consequences, and that’s what Askren is experiencing.