For the imprint of the laurel bay leaves ,you may be able to find evergreen pieces to paste on the can or pieces of cardboard cut into the shape of bay leaves.

Cut the green craft foam into shapes of leaves and attach them to the headband using the glue gun. Designing and creating on a simple budget. Copyright 2020 Leaf Group Ltd. All Rights Reserved.

Hope that helps and thank you again ~. New posts will not be retrieved. The laurel wreath is connected to the Olympics. Anyhow, with Christmas coming up quickly after Thanksgiving, wreaths and decor are being put to use already. Will you share a link to your floral pick or tell what kind of leaf it is? Preface the activity with a story about the Olympics and how Hercules started them to honor his father after his death. Kids can add a star in the center, or any other embellishment they choose.

Here is the most recent picture of it being used in the kitchen with winter yard clippings…. You may want to preface the activity by reading the Greek mythology to them.

Next, use small pieces of floral wire to affix the branches to the half circle wires (I spaced each tie about 3-4 inches apart).

Snip one of the singular wire hoops into two half circle pieces using your wire cutters (one half is shown above). Terms of Service. Wrap these eye hooks a few inches from the top of the laurel wreath ends – as this will be how you can hang your new wreath. This will be the shape/form for the new laurel wreath.

I really like the greenery you chose.

Orders $75+ from the TPK Supplies Shop ship free!

Thanks so much for stopping by and stay tuned for next week as I’ll begin to share some of our spaces decorated for the season! This type of wreath may be worn covering the front of the forehead or in the opposite direction to cover the back of the head. Now take your pliers and pull back all the metal tabs holding the wire floral wreath together.

I made these a couple inches in length from loop to end. Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. This “DIY Laurel Wreath” post was also shared on Craftberry Bush June 14, 2016. Take one leafy branch on each side and bend it to the shape of the wire half circles. This greenery is from Michaels and I am not certain what type but just saw it there on my last visit. Use another section of floral wire to connect the two ends of the branches and finish it off with the brown floral tape so that the wire is covered.

Feb 24, 2013 - Great fabric crafts are a fun way to make projects with your kids.

Love this amazing DIY! Carefully pull apart the hoops once the tabs are loose. Wrap these eye hooks a few inches from the top of the laurel wreath ends – as this will be how you can hang your new wreath. Each wreath needs one headband and one sheet of green craft foam; a typical sheet of the foam will be enough to cut out approximately 35 leaves. I showed you how we hung ours in the kitchen, but I also wanted to give you another fun way to use this popular simple wreath.

Again, we used 14 leaves for each wreath and used gluedots to adhere them. Ask them to cut the center of the plate out, leaving a ring for the wreath.

Your email address will not be published. Make two eye hooks with your floral wire and twist the bottom secure as shown above. A variation on the full head wreath is the headband wreath that fits on the back of the head. I took a distressed wooden letter and simply hung it in the center of the branches. I always draw the left laurel leaf first, write out my word, then draw in the right one.
The branches, along with some thin wire and scissors or wire cutters, is all you need to make an authentic laurel wreath. Whether the wreath is created from a paper plate or an actual bay laurel, the child wearing it will have his own story behind it.

There are so many pretty stamps or stationary that use a laurel wreath with an initial and you can do the very same thing in your home.

Make two eye hooks with your floral wire and twist the bottom secure as shown above. Can you believe Thanksgiving is right around the corner here?

Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details. Ashley has a Bachelor of Science degree from Eastern Michigan University in communications with a language arts minor. The laurel wreath is connected to the Olympics.

Simply attach the bay laurel together using the wire and trim off any excess branches. For each gold medal, you need a frozen juice can top, 6 inches of red, white and blue striped ribbon, papier-mache and gold spray paint.

It can be perfect for summer, but also would be beautiful throughout the winter months when made with golden picks or snowy embellishments. Happy Tuesday friends! To make a simple head wreath, get 9-inch paper plates, scissors, paste and green construction paper.

*As always, any time you are using tools practice safety….

Stock up! First, find an image of a gold medal that you can use as your pattern.

// Leaf Group Lifestyle, Quality Kids Crafts: Olympic Coloring Pages.

The Julius Caesar is your class A all-purpose laurel wreath. There are typically 3 wire hoops that make up one wreath. Ask them to cut the center of the plate out, leaving a ring for the wreath. I made these a couple inches in length from loop to end. You may want to have add some ribbons and bows streaming down the sides and back of the wreath. The Julius Caesar is … Preface the activity with a story about the Olympics and how Hercules started them to honor his father after his death.

Breathtaking! The Beginner’s Guide to Modern Calligraphy, 8 Tips to Improve Your Handwriting (Plus a Free Worksheet), How to Make Faux Calligraphy (Includes Video + Printable), 11 Calming Calligraphy Drills Printable (Free Download), How to Create Watercolor Flowers Tutorial, The Ultimate DIY Modern Calligraphy Starter Kit, https://thepostmansknock.com/top-8-tpk-holiday-tutorials/.
Cover the juice can top with papier-mache and include the imprint of the laurel bay leaves along the bottom edge. You are now ready to decorate with your new wreath =).

Your email address will not be published. Allow the papier-mache to dry and then spray it with the gold paint.

I have always admired the shape and the popularity of this simple decorative wreath, but have never really wrapped my brain around how I would actually go about making one…, Until, the other day I came across some wire floral wreaths…, I realized how this metal form would be the perfect shape to help hold a laurel wreath together on your wall and here is how you can make one too….

We added the easiest DIY fountain to this area (sh, One bathroom for 4 people can be tricky... Bu, I am currently working on Everly’s dollhouse and, I listened to your votes in stories and this old t, Please refer to @blackandembodied and @jessicawils, Clearly blue is on our mind... We both walked out, Ever since I was little I can remember my dad tell, This error message is only visible to WordPress admins.

Hi Angela!

Sharing my story one project and room at a time | zevyjoy@gmail.com|. Truly, where does the time go?! I love using pretty wreaths throughout our home and I think they are a wonderful and inexpensive way to dress walls up through the seasons. These fabric crafts will not only be fun for your kids, but they'll also learn about working with fabric. To make a bay laurel wreath, you will need to purchase or forage from your own backyard bay laurel branches.

Jennie Ashley has been a technical writer since 1983.

Required fields are marked *, Wife and Mama decorating and cooking with some DIY too.

Your email address will not be published. Using a plastic headband and a sheet of green craft foam, scissors and a glue gun, you can easily help your children create their own Olympic laurel wreathes. Once the paint is dry, use a glue gun to attach the ribbon to the top of the medal so that it can hang around the child's neck. Wreath #2: plastic headbands; construction paper; glue dots; I love the way these laurel wreaths turned out, and they look adorable placed backward on the head so that the leaves wrap toward the face — very authentic. Her publications include quality assurance manuals, personnel policies and procedures manuals, as well as instructional guidelines for manufacturing sites. Cut leaves from the construction paper and paste them onto the paper plate ring. The myth surrounding the laurel wreath is a wonderful basis for kids' craft activities. It’s simply beautiful and can’t wait to give it a try!

Thank you so much! This is just a fun spin on something simple, but for a few dollars more it gives this piece an entirely different look.

First, you will need a floral wire wreath, 2 faux leafy branches (any kind will do), scissors, floral wire, a wire cutter, pliers and some brown floral tape (which is not pictured). Copyright © 2017 Zevy Joy · site design by Your Marketing BFF. The gold medal used for the Olympics has a laurel wreath on it.

That is why I am sharing this very simple but festive DIY Laurel Wreath with you…. As they listen to the myths they may imagine themselves as Hercules, Apollo or a Greek goddess. Allow time for the paste to dry before they place them on their heads.

What I really enjoy about this DIY laurel wreath is that it can be used for any time of year. If I’m framing letters, I draw the letters/monogram first, then draw in both the right and left laurel leaf.

To make a simple head wreath, get 9-inch paper plates, scissors, paste and green construction paper.