Dua Lipa, Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande and Sam Fischer round out the Top 5. I'll repay you and connect with you all very soon! Australian singer and songwriter Amy Shark has come under fire from fans after posting a video on TikTok that some have interpreted as racist. The impressive return from Shark is also the highest debut for any Australian on the chart so far in 2020, and the fifth-highest among all acts so far this year. Watch; Amy Shark to perform at NRL Grand Final . This song is the greatest thing in my life right now. 'The 2nd photo was last year. – It reinforces negative stereotypes around Asian people It’s now the second longest-serving #1 of the year after The Weekend’s ‘Blinding Lights’. Pre-Save it now!' Australian singer Amy Shark reveals she has collaborated with Blink-182's Travis Barker for her new song C'mon By Jabeen Waheed For Daily Mail Australia 05:56 15 Oct 2020, updated 08:07 15 Oct 2020 Amy Shark has revealed she has collaborated with Blink-182's Travis Barker for her upcoming single, C'mon. 'Greatest thing in my life': Amy continued to gush about joining forces with the American drummer. NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo noted the parallels between Shark’s song and the challenges NRL stars have faced this year. she unveiled a surprise acoustic version of the track, recently took to an empty Sydney Opera House. Amy Shark after winning Song of the Year for "I SAID HI.". Read more Read less. She wrote: I am sorry if I offended anyone, I can see that the TikTok i posted a couple of weeks ago was silly and inappropriate and honestly I never meant to cause any upset. Amy Shark tour dates and tickets 2020-2021 near you. You're the ones who stream, listen and come to my shows and sing it back to me,' she wrote on Instagram. Radio Today Pty. “The next chapter will define me even more than LOVE MONSTER did.”. “Grand Final Day in 2020 will be a day of celebration, unity and gratitude for all those who came together to keep the game going this year, and Amy’s performance will be an important part of that.”. C'MON!!!!!!!!!!!! Only Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande’s powerhouse tune ‘Rain On Me’ (#14), Grande’s team up with Justin Beiber for ‘Stuck With U’ (#15) and Gaga’s #10 debut with ‘Stupid Love’, and Bieber’s solo track ‘Yummy’ (#12) charted higher in their debut week. ‘This is the greatest thing in my life!’ Australian singer Amy Shark reveals she has collaborated with Blink-182’s Travis Barker for her new song C’mon By Jabeen Waheed For Daily Mail Australia Published: 05:56 BST, 15 October 2020 | Updated: 06:05 BST, 15 October 2020 Amy Shark has revealed she has collaborated with Blink-182’s Travis […] Music Industry News, Jobs & Charts. Ltd. All Rights Reserved, | About | Media Kit | Jobs | Privacy | Terms | Cookies. I have taken down the video. “This single is me properly hitting my stride,” she affirms. Shark deleted the TikTok video after receiving backlash and she proceeded to apologize on Twitter. 9News Latest News 2020. NRL chief executive Andrew Abdo noted the parallels between Shark’s song and the challenges NRL stars have faced this year. The world's defining voice in music and pop culture since 1952. She doesn’t believe Shark is racist, saying, “I think she probably just didn’t know the negative effects of a white person doing an Asian accent. News & Current Affairs; Expires 16th Oct 2021 9:21am. One Twitter user replied, “If you were genuinely sorry, you wouldn’t be calling it “silly” and “inappropriate”- you’d call it exactly how it is- Racist. ‘C’MON’ will be the second track Shark has released in 2020, following the drop of ‘Everybody Rise‘ back in June. All of us singing and dancing and hugging,' she described the picture. she added. View all concerts. — Tansy Gardam (@tansyclipboard) May 3, 2020, They said, “Didn’t have “Amy Shark posts racist TikTok” on my pandemic bingo card.”, Nina Oyama, a comedian and television writer, tweeted: “don’t forget to check on ur white friends in isolation to make sure they aren’t doing stupid bulls**t like this.”, ***FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT***Why a white person doing a “funny” fake Asian accent is bad: – It is directly making fun of the way Asian people speak– It reinforces negative stereotypes around Asian people – The same accent is used to bully and dehumanize Asian people every day. love you all. Find information on all of Amy Shark’s upcoming concerts, tour dates and ticket information for 2020-2021. Amy Shark’s latest single ‘C’mon’ feat. Kirsten Vaughn: Indiana Mechanic Says She Was Fired for Making OnlyFans Page. Get TMN's top stories in your email inbox every morning. Instagram Amy Shark after winning Song of the Year for "I SAID HI." Amy added: 'These noms are yours. She’s up for ‘Best Female Artist’, ‘Best Pop Release’ and ‘Best Australian Live Act’. “I can’t wait to celebrate the finalists on the field and bring some live music to homes across Australia.”. In the video, Shark was doing her nails while mouthing recorded dialogue with an “exaggerated Asian accent”, NME reports. now playing. ‘Everybody Rise’ recently earned the singer three ARIA nominations at the forthcoming ceremony. Earlier this week, she picked up a three coveted nominations for the 2020 ARIA Awards. © 2020 NME is a member of the media division of BandLab Technologies. There were also debuts this week for Beyoncé who dropped her new single ‘BLACK PARADE’ (#56) mid-week, while Aussie indie act Spacey Jane bows at #66. Amy Shark is not due to play near your location currently - but they are scheduled to play 3 concerts across 1 country in 2020-2021. Big Love, Amy x'. Aussie artist Amy Shark will headline the pre-game entertainment at this year's NRL Grand Final. Get TMN's top stories in your email inbox every morning. Amy shot to stardom in 2018 with her hit song, Love Monster. Amy Shark has today (October 15) announced details of her forthcoming single, ‘C’MON’, which will see her link up with blink-182‘s Travis Barker. Mark Holden fronts Aus Idol podcast featuring past contestants, Netflix to stream new Blackpink doco featuring Australia’s Rose, Warner Music chief looking past streaming for revenue growth, Royal Australian Mint issuing AC/DC coin set, ARIA’s Dan Rosen named president of Warner Music Australasia, AFL also recently revealed its all-Australian music entertainment line-up, Geoff Jones, Roger Field discuss live music’s rocky road to recovery, Gudinski’s ‘The Sound’ renewed by ABC TV for second season, Vampr eyes more global growth with two fundraising initiatives, Country music stars and execs join lineup for new Academy X program. The Gold-Coast born musician has been nominated for Best Pop Release, Best Australian Live Act and Best Female Artist. Shark’s new single ‘C’mon’ featuring Travis Barker will be released two days prior to the event. ***FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT*** Why a white person doing a “funny” fake Asian accent is bad: Back in 2018, she linked up with Mark Hoppus for her song ‘Psycho’, which appeared on her debut album ‘Love Monster’. Shark reached out to Oyama, according to a tweet from Oyama. I cannot wait for you to hear this. A post shared by Amy Shark (@amyshark) on Oct 14, 2020 at 1:00pm PDT Advertisement This isn’t the first time Shark has collaborated with a member of blink-182 on a song. Want to see Amy Shark in concert? October 16, 2020: Australian singer and songwriter Amy Shark will be the headline act in the pre-match entertainment at ANZ Stadium. !”, Some else wrote, “I really can’t imagine that you would have posted something to intentionally hurt anyone though.”, READ NEXT: Kirsten Vaughn: Indiana Mechanic Says She Was Fired for Making OnlyFans Page, Amy Shark: Singer Apologizes for ‘Racist’ TikTok Video, Copyright © 2020 Heavy, Inc. All rights reserved. The impressive return from Shark is also the highest debut for any Australian on the chart so far in 2020, and the fifth-highest among all acts so far this year. – The same accent is used to bully and dehumanize Asian people every day. Her second collaboration with a member of blink-182. Buckle up Sharks, this ones very special. A second image saw Amy performing in front of a large crowd last year. Shark said after everything 2020 has thrown up, it was a thrill to have the opportunity to perform. Lady Gaga & Ariana Grande – ‘Rain On Me’ (IGA/UMA). Last month, she reflected on how much her days have changed since dominating the music charts. Brando – ‘Look Into My Eyes’ (HUSSLE), #4. Amy Shark will headline the entertainment for the NRL grand final. Last month, she reflected on how much her days have changed since dominating the music charts, By Jabeen Waheed For Daily Mail Australia, 05:56 15 Oct 2020, updated 08:07 15 Oct 2020, 'Spiritually, I have millions of kids': Supernanny Jo Frost, 50, says people are always shocked to learn she DOESN'T have children and ask her 'when she's going to have them', 'Not everyone has your privilege!' Home and Away star James Stewart is dramatically rescued as he films an intense drowning scene for the popular soap. Amy's SO close to getting the Blink-182 trifecta! #1. Released June 18, “Everybody Rise” arrives as Amy Shark’s first single of 2020 to mark the beginning of her next chapter – a new era cultivating big sounds and catchy melodies without sacrificing the human depth and intimate connection Shark has long embraced in her art. The Queen returns to public life .