Close. Captain Alex Mason is a CIA operative and retired Marine Force Recon Captain. Taking to YouTube to explain that Activision did not ask him to return to voice Frank Woods. share. Bruh, Sam was a legend as Mason. With some open-ended missions, player choices throughout the story, and multiple endings included, the Black Ops Cold War campaign looks to be taking Call of Duty in a somewhat new direction with player freedom. Here's hoping he did a good job with Mason. At the height of the Cold War in 1981, returning characters Alex Mason, Frank Woods, and Jason Hudson are back to track down the enigmatic Soviet spy Perseus--and former US President Ronald Reagan will be making an appearance, too. That's true he's a spy from the upside down. Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Last week's reveal of the Black Ops Cold War campaign was incredible. At the height of the Cold War in 1981, returning characters Alex Mason, Frank Woods, and Jason Hudson are back to track down the enigmatic Soviet spy Perseus- … "I'm sure the story's gonna be brilliant, but I've got 80,000 pounds of weight to bring to this thing - and not a knock on whoever they got in there, but he doesn't have the background that I have with Woods," explained Burns. Photos of the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (Game) voice actors. His successor is still unknown and while it's not a bad replacement, will they be able to reflect that unique personality and portray the emotions that James C. Burns did? experience. Woods was part of the Studies and Observation Group (SOG) along with Alex Mason and Joseph Bowman. A disappointing feat for fans of the act as well for the series as a whole. Master Sergeant Frank Woods first appeared in Call of Duty: Black Ops and has also featured in the sequels. Black Ops Cold War recently had its big reveal and with the Modern Warfare cycle coming to a close soon; the anticipation is building. Incorporating real-life figures isn't new for Black Ops either, since the original game messed with the events of President John F. Kennedy's assassination and involved Mason. 9 images of the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War cast of characters. Can't say the same for James C Burns and Woods though, More posts from the blackopscoldwar community. It seems Burns isn't the only old-school Black Ops voice actor to have been replaced for Cold War. of publishing. But I would've f***in' crushed this thing! Log in or sign up to leave a comment log in sign up. Meh. 41 comments. It's a bit ham-fisted in how serious the characters take themselves, but the mystery is intriguing nonetheless, considering Black Ops' tendency to play into psychological thriller elements. So that's my frustration. Although no one really knows who Perseus is, they're said to have supplied Vietcong soldiers with a nuclear weapon and continues to be a threat amid rising tensions between the United States and Soviet Russia. Unknown voices Alex Mason, Frank Woods, and Jason Hudson are returning in Black Ops Cold War … Michael Higham Discussion. Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. retail website and make a purchase. For Email news@gamespot.com. I'm calling it, somebody is gonna start sending this guy death threats. From what we've heard, this guy doesn't even come close. click a link from one of our articles onto a 144. Press J to jump to the feed. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is a direct sequel to the 2010 original Black Ops, and while the numbers have been long defeated, a new imminent threat seems to loom over this new Call of Duty. An Australian spy posing as an American soldier. TARGET!!!......". During the video, James C. Burns notes that he was not contacted at all by Activision and did not know Frank Woods was going to be in Black Ops Cold War. Terms of Use and https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/characters/Call-of-Duty/Alex-Mason For all our stories and breakdowns for Black Ops Cold War, be sure to check our coverage below. © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is a first-person shooter video game developed by Treyarch and Raven Software and published by Activision. Regardless, it is nice to know that Alex Mason will have time to shine in Black Ops Cold War. But I have a feeling there's something more shady lingering here as it'd be disappointing to reinforce the jingoistic tone set in the scene, which you can check out in the video above from Gamescom Opening Night Live.