May 17, 2020 - 17:00 BST hellomagazine.com Ahead of her 60th birthday, Anthea Turner has given an exclusive interview to HELLO! It’s not in my nature.’. However, she said after allegations against him in 2003 which were dropped, she and others around Leslie saw him ‘crumple’. Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, SE1 9GF. TV presenter Leslie, 55, stands accused of grabbing a woman’s breasts at a party in 2008. "It wasn't like we had invited everybody and booked everything. Anthea Turner on turning 60, finding love with fiancé Mark Armstrong and their wedding plans . Anthea Turner has described John Leslie as “incredibly respectful” as she and other former colleagues on Blue Peter gave evidence at his sex assault trial. Turner, 60, told the court: ‘I know John incredibly well and I am standing here today because I know John very well, and I would just like to mention, when he asked me to come I wanted to be here. Thursday October 15 2020, 5.00pm, The Times Anthea Turner has described John Leslie as “incredibly respectful” as she and other former colleagues … The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). Anthea Turner has defended her friend John Leslie in his sexual assault trial, stating he was ‘always respectful’ with her and other women. He is accused of grabbing a woman’s breasts at a Christmas party in London’s West End on December 5, 2008. Anthea is engaged to business tycoon Mark Armstrong and the couple were set to marry in Italy in September, but were forced to postpone the wedding over coronavirus travel restrictions. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. Updated 17 MAY 2020. Tap ‘Menu’ and then ‘Times Radio’ to listen to the latest well-informed debate, expert analysis and breaking news. Please, John Leslie worked with Anthea Turner on Blue Peter, where she said he was “adored” by female staff, Listen to Times Radio for the latest well-informed debate, expert analysis and breaking news. Anthea Turner has defended her friend John Leslie in his sexual assault trial, stating he was ‘always respectful’ with her and other women. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. "Petty UK crime stats are CRAZY - 1,222 phones a day are pinched, over a quarter of a million bikes a year are stolen, with the same number of cars being broken in to. Mr Leslie, 55, who has an address in Edinburgh, denies one charge of sexual assault. The TV presenter said the team at Blue Peter were majority female and ‘everybody loved him’, adding that Leslie was ‘absolutely adored by every woman I knew that worked with him’. His accuser took to the stand earlier in the week and said Leslie made a ‘solid grab’ of her breasts during the 2008 incident without her consent before laughing. She said he had gone from being an ‘exuberant’ person to ‘like a shell’ after allegations were made against him. View our online Press Pack. I would never do that. The TV presenter explained: "After years and years of theft free living in the spate of 2 months my beautiful locked Boardman Ladies bike was pinched from outside a church in Bishops Park Fulham, my iPhone from my bag in a swimwear shop on The Kings Road and last week the back screen of my car was smashed in and the thieves retrieved a holdall from the boot. Turner first met Leslie when they worked together on the Music Box programme in the 1980s. This is not the man that I know, not at all.’. As the proceedings continued at Southwark Crown Court on Thursday, former Blue Peter presenter Anthea gave evidence on Leslie’s character. The former GMTV host went on to explain that there were ‘two Johns’, describing the Leslie she first knew as ‘the life and soul of the party’. If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you. Anthea Turner's heartbreak after being robbed 'I'm scared' ANTHEA TURNER, presenter best known for fronting GMTV, has fallen victim to a "sickening" robbery, … 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. Former Blue Peter presenter Anthea Turner has described her ex-colleague John Leslie as “incredibly respectful” as she and other former colleagues gave evidence at his sex assault trial.