[249][250] In July 2020, she labeled herself queer in a social media statement mourning the death of Glee co-star Naya Rivera. The latter became her first album to be certified platinum by the RIAA,[7] and its lead single, "Sorry Not Sorry", became her highest-charting single in the US, peaking at number six, and was certified 5x platinum in the US. [98] "Skyscraper" received the Best Video With a Message award at the September 2012 MTV Video Music Awards, and the track was also certified Platinum by the RIAA and Silver by the BPI. In 2017, Lovato expressed her interest in filming a third Camp Rock movie with the Jonas Brothers. [60][61] The album's lead single and title track, "Here We Go Again", debuted at number 59 on the Billboard Hot 100, and managed to peak at number 15, becoming Lovato's highest-charting solo single to that point. "[277] She went on to add that some day she would "tell the world what exactly happened, why it happened and what my life is like today.. but until I'm ready to share that with people please stop prying and making up shit that you know nothing about. [315] As spokesperson for the Join the Surge Campaign, DoSomething.Org and Joining the Surge by Clean & Clear, she has encouraged fans to take action in their own communities. [18][19] Through her father, Lovato was a descendant of Civil War Union veteran Francisco Perea and Santa Fe de Nuevo México governor Francisco Xavier Chávez. Demetria Devonne Lovato (/ləˈvɑːtoʊ/ lə-VAH-toh; born August 20, 1992) is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. [275] She was hospitalized for two weeks and subsequently entered an in-patient rehab facility. "[221] In her teens, Lovato listened to metal,[222] including bands such as the Devil Wears Prada, Job for a Cowboy, Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, and Bring Me the Horizon. She never wants to get to a place where she was last year when she relapsed. [80] The film premiered to eight million viewers, the number-one cable television movie of the year by the number of viewers. Regarding the album, Demi says: "It’s going to take a different sound, so hopefully it goes over well. "They are just hanging out now and it all is very fresh. Tess quickly becomes partners with Luke on all of Camp Star's performances. [94] Unbroken debuted at number four in the US, selling 97,000 copies in its first week of release; it was later certified Gold. [248] Her speech at the 2016 Democratic National Convention focused on raising awareness for mental health. How much does does a 100 dollar roblox gift card get you in robhx? There are no hard feelings it just wasn't going to work with him.". [39], Lovato's debut studio album, Don't Forget, was released on September 23, 2008, and was met with generally positive reviews from critics. ", "Demi Lovato talks about feminism and cyber-bullying", "Demi Lovato Is Launching an Activewear Collection with Fabletics", "Brace Your Wallets: Fabletics Is Launching a Collaboration With Demi Lovato", "Demi Lovato Teams Up with Fabletics to Empower Young Girls", "Demi Lovato, PACER and Facebook® Team Up to Stop Cyberbullying During National Bullying Prevention Month", "Demi Lovato Does 'A Day Made Better' School Advocacy Campaign", "Demi Lovato's Charity Work, Events and Causes", "Demi Lovato Tackling Girl-To-Girl Bullying, One 'Mean' Girl At A Time", "An Open Letter to Congress from the Music Industry", "Demi Lovato Performs At March For Our Lives In Washington, D.C.", "Demi Lovato and Miley Cyrus Reunite at March for Our Lives: 'Happy to Stand with You'", "Kim Kardashian, Chance the Rapper and More Celebs React to George Floyd Killing: 'This Is Not Okay, "Demi Lovato Memorialized Breonna Taylor And Speaks Out Against White Privilege", "Demi Lovato Celebrates 21st Birthday In Kenya During Me to We Volunteer Trip", "Demi Lovato Kenya Travel Pics We Movement Charity", "Demi Lovato Celebrates Five Years of Sobriety by Hand Delivering Donations to Charities", "Demi Lovato Celebrated Five Years Sober With A Selfless Act Of Kindness", "Demi Lovato Launches New Fabletics Line, Announces Part of the Profits Will Go to COVID-19 Relief", "CLEAN & CLEAR® Skincare, Demi Lovato and DoSomething.org Join Forces to Start a Massive Movement Encouraging Teens to Give Back", "Demi Lovato Went On A Trip To Israel--Paid For By Israel and Private Funders", "Demi Lovato Apologizes for Accepting Controversial Trip to Israel", "Get a Sneak Peek at Demi Lovato's Skechers Campaign! She stars in Princess Protection Program as Princess Rosalinda alongside her best friend Selena Gomez. The movie premiered on June 20 in the USA on Disney Channel. "I told yall - how awkward am I?!!!" [138] On May 29, she announced her fourth concert tour (and first world tour, covering 25 cities), the Demi World Tour, and its first North American dates. As of 2017, Billboard reported that Lovato has sold over two million albums and 20 million singles in the US. ", "Demi Lovato's 'Cool for the Summer' Is Fastest No. RELATED: Demi Lovato Shares How She's Working on Herself — and Relearning to Cry: 'It Was a Beautiful Thing'. They have a few mutual friends in common, but Demi has been introducing Max to her closest friends via FaceTime since being quarantined. I think it was her breakout album that really transformed her into the icon that she is today. [9] Lovato later recalled in an interview on The Ellen DeGeneres Show that due to her acting career, she was bullied and requested homeschooling,[27] through which she eventually received her high-school diploma.