or create an elite Don't you know that it's different for girls, Report bad tab. They're depersonalized it’s different Test your MusicIQ here! not a masculine dissonance Or sexual currency, Though some women are demons, all of them are gods it’s different for girls I can't believe it, Copyright: Writer(s): Joe Jackson Lyrics Terms of Use. Last.fm Music | Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. / All rights reserved. Dont you know that it's different for girls, (Don't give me love) No, not love she said Don't you know that it's different for girls? (Don't give me love) We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. The “truth” and seeing sexual politics through the lens of your own gender, are very, very different things. It is the group's only cover version to date. All lyrics and breaks with accompanying chords and bass notes. It's different for girls They've got sensitive language They've built miles of defenses They're not numbed by oppression It's different for girls Don’t have an account? In 2007, Freaky Trigger ranked the song at number 52 in its list of "The Top 100 Songs of All Time". They don't have to size up they’re not numbed by oppression All want the same thing, Well who said anything about love... No, not love she said, though it don’t feel right they’re expected to sit   kyle fredricks) lyrics, nick lucas – tiptoe through the tulips lyrics, nice peter & epiclloyd – bruce banner vs bruce jenner lyrics. You don't, You;ve gotta love Joe, though or poison the game You're all the same... No, not love she said, It's different for girls. The song has since become one of his most successful singles, notably being the highest charting Joe Jackson single in the UK. It's different for girls when their hearts get broke They can't tape it back together with a whiskey and coke They don't take someone home and act like it's nothing They can't just switch it … Don't you know that it's different for girls, though some demons are women "It's Different for Girls" contained lyrics that feature Jackson "deliberately turn[ing] clichés on their head" in that, while originally sounding as if the song would suggest that the male protagonist was looking for sex and his female partner was looking for love, the opposite is revealed to be the case. [5] The song was backed with another track from I'm the Man, "Friday," in Britain, but in America, a live cover of the Chuck Berry song "Come On" was used instead. All lyrics and breaks with accompanying chords and bass notes. No, not love she said, it’s different, yeah, it’s different for girls "It's Different for Girls" was covered by English duo Siskin, as their debut single in 2008. Joe Jackson (born David Ian Jackson, 11 August 1954) is an English musician and singer-songwriter now living in Berlin, whose five Grammy Award nominations span from 1979 to 2001. Last.fm Music | Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. / All rights reserved. The sort of thing that someone might say. Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! The first section of the verse remains quiet, with these instruments and the singer's voice being the main components. more », FAVORITE It's different and take some lesser man’s sh-t Jackson later said on the song's lyrics: it’s different "It’s Different for Girls" is a song by Joe Jackson appearing on his 1979 album, I'm the Man. @snarkycharming yes, as you said, the stereotype is that guys want “freedom” and girls want “security”, and it makes me wonder if all the supposed passing on of “knowlEdge” to the new generations isn’t ALL bullshit, in this joke of Patriarchy. General CommentIt's definitely the girl saying to the guy 'its different for girls'. for every one psycho b-tch, there’s 10, 000 aggro pr-cks They are mercurial creatures Non-lyrical content copyright 1999-2020 SongMeanings, Javascript must be enabled for the correct page display. Playlist. Lyrics to It's Different for Girls by Joe Jackson from the Live 1980/86 album - including song video, artist biography, translations and more! Covers have been recorded and released by several different artists. Don't we, She said, [1] Glide Magazine ranked it as Jackson's 5th best song.[2]. So no one else can compete, They are chaos and mystery Think you know music? so no one else can compete, they are chaos and mystery they’re depersonalized And honestly, in my experience, in real life, there are just as many girls who are looking for short-term hookups as guys, even though the stereotype says that girls are needy and looking to bag husbands. It’s super easy, we promise! Advisory - the following lyrics contain explicit language: What the hell is wrong with you tonight, “Different For Girls” is saying that for a guy, a breakup is not something that can slow them down much. A lot of things that, Apart from appearing as a single and on the album I'm the Man, "It's Different for Girls" has also appeared on other Joe Jackson albums. it’s different for girls Covers have been recorded and released by several different artists. Or poison the game they don’t p-ss on the seat Not a masculine dissonance During the Laughter and Lust tour, it was performed as a duet with Joy Askew. I know, Well give me all you got without love. You wanna here some, Let's remember, this is New Wave music -- Joe was turning stereotypes on their heads. (And the other lyrics on this album bear out the songs' personae as a sensitive, new age man.). they don’t spit on the street All artists And that maybe the idea was to turn it on its head and have a conversation between a man and a woman and what you'd expect to be the typical roles are reversed. Though some demons are women It's different for girls aggressively objectified, they want to make a scene Aggressively objectified, They want to make a scene they’ve built miles of defenses No, not love she said, Dont you know that it's different for girls X2 Your all the same (repeat X4, fading out) You're all the same. 100% agree with rikku. You're all the same Mama always told me save yourself Take a little time and find the right girl Then again don't end up on the shelf Logical advice gets you in … It's Different for Girls lyrics: What the hell is wrong with you tonight? No, not love she said, No, it don't feel right, Though some women are demons, all of them are gods They want to be adored 27 Best Ever Songs From Movie Soundtracks, NEW SONG: AC/DC - "Shot In The Dark" - LYRICS, HOT SONG: 21 Savage x Metro Boomin - "My Dawg​" - LYRICS. "It's Different for Girls Lyrics." It's different or s-xual currency, though some women are demons, all of them are gods (The A&M Years 1979–1989). talk about role reversal. https://www.lyrics.com/lyric/173423/Joe+Jackson, Is She Really Going Out With Him? No, not love she said, Every person they meet it’s different for girls, it’s different for girls Wanted to be sure your feeling right, The song opens with a simple repeated two-note pattern on guitar which is quickly joined by a pulse on bass and drums.