Election, Primary & Caucus Dates: State Primary: August 6, 2020 Presidential Primary: March 3, 2020 Type: open Democrat Delegates: 73 (64 pledged, 9 super) Republican Delegates: 58 Tennessee Electoral Votes: 11 Kacey Morgan(Independent) 10. For every $25, it will decrease by one.

The crowd cheered as speakers praised Sethi, but became more subdued when the results began flashing on local TV feeds. Below is what to know about where to vote, candidates and voting during the coronavirus. Voters across Tennessee have started heading to the polls Thursday for the federal and state primaries and other local races. Gary Gladney, 53, said he voted today because his grandfather didn’t have the right to vote. A total of 16 seats out of the chamber's 33 seats are up for election in 2020. Includes links to all 2020 Senate polls and polling averages by state.

The most recent polls for the 35 Senate races contested during the 2020 elections. The 2020 United States Senate election in Tennessee will be held on November 3, 2020, to elect a member of the United States Senate to represent the State of Tennessee, concurrently with the 2020 U.S. presidential election, as well as other elections to the United States Senate in other states and elections to the United States House of Representatives and various state and local elections. The markers were among the measures put in place this year to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Goins said despite the ongoing pandemic, Thursday’s primary was one of the smoothest elections he had seen. The Davidson County Election Commission's P.O.

In Nashville, more than 26,000 mail-in ballots had come in by Thursday morning, compared to 1,600 four years ago.

For precincts where it is not required, Secretary of State Tre Hargett still urged people to wear masks when they visit the polls. A full county list can be found here and includes if they are required indoors in public places, outdoorsor in both. “I think it’s easy to say these days, ‘Does my vote really matter?’ But you’ll never change anything that way. Please click here to contribute to EP's GoFundMe campaign.

The Washington Times tracks the latest poll numbers for the 2020 election.

Reach Natalie Neysa Alund at nalund@tennessean.com and follow her on Twitter @nataliealund. (Number updated daily). Summary of each race with links to polls and commentary. Once voters were inside, masked poll workers — some in gowns and face shields — guided them through the process. "It brings that normalcy even though it's short," he said. In 2016, Trump won Tennessee by 26 points. Ratings by Inside Elections with Nathan L. Gonzales indicate the degree to which one party is most likely to win each race. Sethi campaign chairman Chris Devaney took the stage first to energize the crowd, referencing Sethi’s momentum despite a series of negative ads seeking to portray him as a liberal.
Hawkins said she couldn't "get it together" to vote early or do an absentee ballot. with the exception of children under age 2 and people with medical conditions, take them to their respective downtown post office, Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. "One hour into Primary Day and polling location 1-6 Cathedral of Praise still hasn’t opened. Leaning is <10%, likely <15%. So I tell my child and all my friends and their children, ‘You got to go vote.’ Younger generations don’t understand the importance of voting, but my grandfather was denied the right to vote.”. At Charlotte Park Elementary in West Nashville, Stefanie Bannon, recently new to Nashville, said she hadn’t decided yet who she’d vote for while was walking into the precinct.

“They were calling him Massachusetts Manny. Tape markings on the floor showed where voters were allowed to stand to remain six feet apart. "I don’t think everyone has the luxury or opportunity to come at quiet times and vote," said McDaniel, who voted at Hobgood Elementary in Murfreesboro. “It’s good for (Emma Jean) to get involved, too, and understand her right to vote,” Boyd said. RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - Tennessee Senate - Hagerty vs. Bradshaw The following races are rated as safe for the incumbent party. "It important," said Morris, 58.

To break a tie, use the VP box on the interactive map to select the VP in 2021 (i.e., winning party in 2020 presidential election).

More than 578,000 people cast early votes in person or by absentee ballot, a substantial increase from August primaries in recent presidential election years. All rights reserved.

The filing deadline was April 2, 2020. Secretary of State Tre Hargett, who visited polling locations around the state in the early voting period, in a video on social media this week urged Tennesseans to wear masks when they go to the polls.
But every precinct is different, a voting official there said. At the Hadley Park Community Center, only a handful of people were voting mid-morning. Former state Rep. Joe Carr and state Sen. Janice Bowling were among the high-profile attendees at Sethi’s event. At Glencliff High School, staff members said they were busier earlier in the morning, but still far slower than they normally are on election day. Steven Hooper(Independent) 6. The Tennessean will be providing updates throughout the day.

This was Boyd’s first time picketing, but she said she decided to do it because her daughter goes to school with Bradbury’s daughter. At least I can go home today and say I voted for the person who wants to make the changes I want.”. Being flexible and casting your ballot in the mid-morning or mid-afternoon may shorten your wait time. Laney Williams, 18, was one of the first to be in line … See our election dashboard and find your local races. The Tennessean has also partnered with BallotReady, where people can type their address and learn more about the candidates on their ballot. Tennessee Senate - Republican Primary. Blair Walsingham (D) vs. Diana Harshbarger (R), Chuck Fleischmann* (R) vs. Meg Gorman (D), Scott DesJarlais* (R) vs. Christopher Hale (D), John Rose* (R) vs. Christopher Finley (D), Steve Cohen* (D) vs. Charlotte Bergmann (R). The registration deadline for Thursday's election was July 7. “I vote for me and for my ancestors, who were not allowed to vote, because I think it’s the right thing to do.”, When asked why he came out to vote today, Bill Holmes, 65, an HVAC operator, said “I believe it’s about participating.”. Election Projection cannot screen all advertisements appearing here.

A handful of supporters gathered at Republican Senate candidate Bill Hagerty’s campaign headquarters in downtown Gallatin. Voters trickling into the YWCA on Thursday afternoon to cast their ballots followed a path of blue X’s taped to the floor. To check your registration status, or to find polling locations and sample ballots, visit govotetn.com. Well, I call him Manchester Manny.”. Share or Embed your Map: Select 'Share Map' button above. "They had problems entering their passwords," Jeff Roberts, Davidson County Election Commission administrator. Here's who we think will win the 2020 elections in Tennessee 11 Electoral votes 1 Senate race 9 House races Published 11/19/2019 5:00 PM EST Updated 9/9/2020 4:30 AM EDT

Primary races for U.S. Senate, congressional and legislative seats are on the ballot, along with some county elections. "We walked them (through) it and sent a technician just to be sure.". Please enable JavaScript and reload this page. "I chose to vote in person so I can be helpful choosing who is in charge," Williams said. Placing her red "I Voted" sticker on her shirt, Carrie Moss, 41, of Franklin, said she wasn't hesitant to vote in person because of the size of her Westhaven polling place. Summary of each race with links to polls and commentary. Display excludes Arizona and Georgia seats with special elections in 2020. Wearing a bright red shirt with an American flag on it, Scott Kelley of Franklin said it brought back a sense of normalcy to go to his polling location. Tom Kovach(Independent) 8. A technical issue at the Cathedral of Praise polling location on Clarksville Pike in Nashville delayed opening the doors to voters for nearly an hour, election officials said. Voters also trickled in and out of precincts in Williamson County, without long lines or wait times. At a hotel nearby, two dozen Hagerty campaign staffers leaned over laptops and analyzed results in a hot conference room. ... Senate Election Polls. Keep track of the latest polls for candidates in the 2020 election compiled from sources across the nation.

He chose to vote in person this year because it is how he’s voted since he was 18. The winners will be elected to six-year terms extending from January 3, 2021, to January 3, 2027. Tip: The width in the code can be adjusted to best fit your space.

“Our election officials really worked hard to pull this off,” he said. Peak times at the polls are typically before voters go to work, after work or during lunchtime.

"We are hoping within the next hour," Davidson Count Administrator of Elections Jeff Roberts said in a text message around 10:45 p.m. Masks are mandated in some counties including Davidson, Williamson, Sumner, Rutherford, Sevier and Knox. State elections coordinator Mark Goins said he was aware of only four polling locations, all in Davidson County, that opened late. Holly Meyer, Joel Ebert, Nancy DeGennaro, Emily West and Carmel Kookogey contributed to this report. However it would be better if we all could vote by mail.". General election candidates The general election candidate list is incomplete. “I’m not a party voter. States where the margin is <5% are shown as toss-up. Top Battlegrounds vs. 4 Yrs Ago. On Thursday afternoon, Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett said he was pleased with how smooth the day’s election had been going.

Yes.".