As you study psychology you will learn more about topics such as the scientific method, decision-making, and problem-solving, all of which might help you hone your ability to think deeply and critically about different issues.

Are There Any Positives About Pandemic-Caused Remote Work? In no sense is this information intended to provide diagnoses or act as a substitute for the work of a qualified professional. They try to understand what motivates, challenges or changes us and use this understanding to … It helps them know when to ask for help regarding how to best help themselves or other people. Psychology is one topic with the very broadest of impacts in our lives.

The Importance of a proper Zoom / Google hangout Background. I have dignity,…, Sometimes, we get caught up in believing that life is all about achieving results. Through the study of psychology, I will be able to know what qualities are the most necessary to enrich the daily lives of people and ensure that I apply them to my work.

Jealousy can be the….

We could give you a thousand reasons why we think it’s worth studying Psychology. The insights you gain into motivations, thought processes, the influences of groups you interact with and many other aspects of human behaviour will all help you gain a better understanding of yourself. All rights reserved. To somewhat re-but Dr. Yeah-but, I chose to major in psychology 47 years ago because it seemed to maximize my job opportunities. Our psychology courses look at some of the important questions such as why do people act the way they do? Whether we are at that decisive moment of our life when we have to choose what we would like to work in, or if we think it’s time for change and to learn something different, studying Psychology will always be a good option. Disability Access Route to Education (DARE), Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning (RPEL), Centre for Education and Lifelong Learning. Is There Still a Case for Teaching Fixed vs Growth Mindset? By developing this skill with the help of a tutor and your classmates, you can help to avoid costly mistakes later on in the workplace.

We are not car salesmen. Having a basic understanding of psychological research methods can help you better understand some of the many claims that you’ll encounter in books, magazines, television shows, and movies. Science of Psychology. Over the years, I have heard many people criticize psychology as a college major and as a career path, citing reasons ranging from low pay and few jobs, to “it’s not useful” and “it’s just an easy and fun” college major. The next time someone behaves in a certain way, you might be better able to understand the influences and motivations behind their actions. The current society and labor market conditions are what they are, and sometimes we have to combine talent with ingenuity, motivation with opportunity, and persistence with patience. MIUC is an affiliated academic institution of the Faculty of Media and Communications of the Singidunum University, based on a formal mutual cooperation agreement. We have a range of events and open evenings that can give you an insight into studying psychology at NCI. A loving relationship can be an oasis in uncertain times, but nurturing it requires attention, honesty, openness, vulnerability, and gratitude. When you sign up for a psychology degree then you are really studying human nature which impacts everything else in life. Each job was different and led to new fun and challenging projects and promotions.