Two guys were there taking photos. Diagon Alley Harry Potter film set will be covered in snow for the first time as part of the annual Warner Bros Studio Tour London Christmas makeover, British couple are split up and ordered to isolate alone in 'hell hole' hotel after being tested for Covid-19 upon arrival in Greece - despite not even getting the results of their test, The awesome Shropshire Hills and a town there known as 'Little Switzerland' will leave Mamils (that's Middle-Aged Men In Lycra) feeling on top of the world, Exclusive for Mail On Sunday readers: Sail to the Northern Lights with Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Licensed to laugh! – which means that you had to pay a low entrance fee, but then additionally for every single ride. Regardless of those sensible reasons, I tried to slide down anyway. thanks for the visit…nice site you have here. Michael Turtle, 34, journeyed to the Nara Dreamland Theme Park, which closed in 2006, and photographed the abandoned attractions. # Do you have material for more articles about Nara Dreamland? Towards the end of its life the park struggled with low visitor numbers and was eventually forced to close. I found a review from 2004 that explains why: Nara Dreamland is an awful park. Scared, I left my hiding place and moved stiffly towards the main entrance. There are plenty of abandoned theme(d) parks in Japan, Nara Dreamland is the most complete and the most famous one. ‘For me, it was the abandoned truck factory of my grandmother that I use to explore every summer. Nara Dreamland est divisé en cinq espaces thématiques : Arpenter ce parc depuis sa fermeture revient à faire de l'urbex, une exploration urbaine qui nécessite un pourtant évident message d'avertissement : Nara Dreamland est officiellement fermé depuis 2006. Am visiting Nara and have long wanted to go to the park…but not if security is still so harsh. 's first-ever survey of UK holiday cottage providers, with The Landmark Trust coming top and Sykes bottom, Would you dare stay here? It must have been a dream come true to children who’d never experienced Disney. Then car had then drove away. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Still, I bet it still works, like many of the machines in the arcade. Wow! I don’t have plans to enter it, but will it be worth to walk to the location or is there nothing to see? Il était surtout connu pour être une « contrefaçon » de Disneyland, notamment avec une copie du fameux château de la Belle au bois dormant. 1900 Horen-cho Then vandalism became a problem and they kept security there to prevent it getting out of hand. Iconic design: The castle at the 1961 Nara Dreamland theme park was modelled on Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty castle which opened in the US the year before, Michael Turtle said he felt this photo - in which spirals of an old rollercoaster are silhouetted against the sun with weeds growing all around it - is the most haunting. After all, slides are fun, right? The canals were still filled with water. Above the entrance was a giant witch. It was clearly an old photo, so maybe it was built for the opening of the park and they got rid of it afterwards? Something has definitely survived: this cabinet. So we went back into the park and we left the way we came: by climbing over a fence. And to finally answer the question: Yes, it was the sister park of Nara Dreamland with a similar layout, similar attractions and the same branding. I peered out and saw that it was only a young Japanese couple. One, the guys were watching me and I didn't want to look like an idiot. I could hear voices from further inside. I managed to get on top of the kiosk, but the track was too overgrown to walk on, so I climbed back down. You can try clicking on the dates in the calendar to access the links, I think you’ll enjoy it! No queues: The Japanese theme park closed down eight years ago due to a lack of interest and low visitor numbers, End of the ride: A severed robot's head is pictured in front of an abandoned rollercoaster at the old theme park in Japan, 'Disneyland rival': The Japanese theme park was opened a year after the California attraction - but closed due to a lack of interest, Cruel stable hand forces horse to drink a bottle of champagne, Jordyn Woods cosies up to boyfriend at PrettyLittleThing launch, Corey Gamble calls out Kendall Jenner after her sister fight, Nikki Bella talks dancing with Artem while engaged to John Cena, Demi Rose poses in bikini as she continue to enjoy her holiday, Ugly House To Lovely House modern transformation of Hampshire house, Documentary looks into childhoods of Princess Beatrice and Eugenie, Taking a look at Google's new song assistant feature, Viral challenge sees parents roasting their kids on TikTok, Model worries she's 'too sexy' for TikTok as videos are removed, Adorable puppy snuggles into owner's slipper to keep warm, Google app lets you search for songs by humming, 'The sun is rising in the photo but it could just as easily be setting.