The song is pleasant enough in parts, but almost instantly forgettable. "[22], *sales figures based on certification alone^shipments figures based on certification alone, A 23-second sample of "Almost Home", where Carey delivers an inspirational message, singing the song's, Mikkel Storleer Eriksen & Tor Erik Hermansen, "Mariah Carey Goes 'Almost Home' On New 'Oz' Track", "Mariah Carey releases new single, 'Almost Home, "Mariah Carey Adds Track to Disney's 'Oz The Great and Powerful, "Forever Mariah: An Interview With an Icon", "Mariah Carey to Release New Song on Tuesday (Exclusive Audio)", "Here is the cover art for my new single 'Almost Home' (out Feb. 19) from Disney's "Oz The Great and Powerful, "Mariah Carey's new single 'Almost Home': Hear it here", "Mariah Carey's "Almost Home" Destined For Chart Success", "Mariah Carey "Almost Home" Sheet Music in Bb Major (transposable) - Download & Print", "Mariah Carey Releases New Song 'Almost Home' Listen Now", "Single Review: Kylie Minogue with Múm, "Whistle"/Mariah Carey, "Almost Home, "Listen: Mariah Carey's new track 'Almost Home' misses by a mile", "Kelly Clarkson's 'Catch My Breath' catches a million", "Mariah Carey previews 'Almost Home' music video", "Mariah Carey Releases Almost Home Music Video", "Georgia Film Critics Association: 2013 Awards", Ultratop.be – Mariah Carey – Almost Home", Lescharts.com – Mariah Carey – Almost Home", "Mariah Carey Chart History (Japan Hot 100)", Spanishcharts.com – Mariah Carey – Almost Home", "Bubbling Under Hip-Hop and R&B Songs: Week of March 09, 2013", "Mariah Carey Chart History (Adult Contemporary)", Here Comes Santa Claus (Right Down Santa Claus Lane), All I Want for Christmas Is You (SuperFestive! Via amazon.com. add a comment You have 50 words left! That's the neat thing about a song, and I think understatement is the key to a good song...leaving enough room for the listener to draw their own conclusion[…] so I never answer them on that.

[9] However, it leaked the day before. The song sold 19,000 digital downloads in its debut week in the United States. EBSCO.

Morgan was born in Kingston Springs, Tennessee and grew up in rural Tennessee.

[2] Alisha Harris of Slate Magazine was surprised of Carey's appearance on this single as a pop star and stated Carey's dominance twenty years post her debut: "“The minimalist beat sounds rather over familiar at this point, echoing various hits going back to the late ’90s. Billboard 114.46 (2002): 26. 0 Comments Add a Comment. Do you know any background info about this track? Bill Millard, the vocalist of this band, shared the inspiration behind this track. Commissioned by Disney, Simone Porter, Justin Gray, and Lindsey Ray wrote the bulk of the record. 0 Comments Add a Comment.

He is noted for writing homey lyrics that focus on traditional values and the simpler pleasures of life. He would later see combat as part of Operation Just Cause in Panama in 1989. 6. "[4], Chuck Taylor of Billboard gave the song a positive review and wrote, "Always an affecting vocalist, Morgan gives a sensitive, nuanced performance of the poignant lyric. The song was Morgan's first Top 10 hit on the U.S. country music charts. As a Carey fan, I’m holding out hope that her new album will have more memorable tracks, even if her lead single, released last year, was also less than stellar. Drip dryin' in the summer breeze, After jumpin' into Calico creek. Following the announcement of the single, it was revealed that Carey had recorded an accompanying music video for it with David LaChapelle, who previously directed the music video for Carey's "Loverboy" (2001).

EBSCO. With this, let us put into our minds to at least pray and give glory to His name for every … “Almost Home” is one of the inspiring gospel songs that talk about reality.

I was afraid that he was dead. On February 6, 2013, it was announced that Mariah Carey had recorded the song for the Disney film with production team Stargate, and that it would be released through digital download on February 19, 2013. Academic Search Complete. I said, "Old man you're gonna freeze to death. [19] Despite the weak performance, "Almost Home" managed to peak within the top 20 on the R&B Songs and the Adult Contemporary charts at number 18 and 20 respectively. The song is sure to stir emotions and should be a welcome addition to playlists."[5]. 6. Start the wiki, He had plastic bags wrapped round his shoes.He was covered with the evening news.Had a pair of old wool socks on his hands.The bank sign was…. A perfect home is where God is.

The song is a ballad mostly backed by acoustic guitar and fiddle. The song delivers an inspirational message, "Almost Home" has received generally favorable reviews from music critics, many of whom praised the vocal performance of Carey, calling it a "return" to her sound of the 1990s after the lukewarm reviews given to her recent releases, including "Triumphant (Get 'Em)" (2012). 25 position starting with the March 29 publication. [11] Carey delivers an inspirational message with the song, and, as described by Jocelyn Vena of MTV, the singer's placed "right in the mythical land from the famed movie", singing during the chorus, "When you're almost there / And you're almost home / Just open up your eyes and go / When you're almost there / Almost home / Know you're not alone / You're almost home. "[5] Carey has since stated that she dislikes the song. A father who accepts and loves us more than we could ever imagine. It was released in November 2002 the second single from his album I Love It. He was curled up behind some garbage cans.

[10], A pop song, "Almost Home" contains elements of other music genres such as R&B,[3] hip hop and EDM. The narrator then offers to drive the old man to a shelter, but the old man refuses. "Almost Home" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music singer Craig Morgan. On the other hand, when it comes to the music video, Bart described: “It’s the idea of this guy, an astronaut just trying to live his life like a normal person, but not doing it super well with having to wear a spacesuit all the time and also he has these dreams of a significant other.”, Almost home Brother it won’t be long Soon all your burdens will be gone With all your strength Sister run wild run free Hold up your head Keep pressing on We are almost home.

Web. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. 0. Craig Morgan is the singer that sings the song Almost Home.It was a single from his 2003 album I Love It. MercyMe is an award-winning musical group who released their latest music video of the song “Almost Home.”. A new version of Last.fm is available, to keep everything running smoothly, please reload the site. It was freezing rain and spittin' snow.

Go directly to shout page. According to songwriter Kerry Kurt Phillips, the homeless man's explanation that he is "almost home" is intentionally open-ended, and can mean that the man had almost reached home in his dream, or that he is about to die and go to Heaven: "A lot of people ask me if the guy almost died[…] was he dying or dreaming? Morgan was born in Kingston Springs, Tenness…. Alyssa Toomey from E! It was released in November 2002 the second single from his album I Love It. 1 Answer Active; Voted; Newest; Oldest; 0. In Lebanon, the song peaked at number 10, becoming the artist's first top 10 hit in the country. It tells of the singer's encounter with an old, homeless man who is sleeping behind a trash can on a cold winter day. That's the neat thing about a song, and I think understatement is the key to a good song...leaving enough room for the listener to draw their own conclusion[…] so I never answer them on that. I was walkin' down an old dirt road, After its removal, it began to increase in airplay over the next three weeks, so it was restored to that chart in the No. The song is a ballad mostly backed by acoustic guitar and fiddle. It's a feel-good record; it gives you the feeling of reaching your home and being with people that you love. And while the ballad certainly doesn’t rank among the singer’s best work, it does provide the latest evidence of what we can count on after all these years: She’s still got the voice.”[16], Sal Cinquemani of Slant Magazine said that, with "Almost Home" and "Triumphant (Get 'Em)", Carey proves she still is "the queen of playing it safe," continuing that her vocals are heavily Auto-Tuned to the point of being "virtually unrecognizable". Academic Search Complete. Presuming that the homeless man may be dead, the singer then rouses him. [1] In addition, the song earned him a "Song of the Year" award from BMI,[2] and a Songwriter's Achievement Award from the Nashville Songwriters' Association International.

33, as the song had decreased in airplay, was below No. Leave feedback, Craig Morgan (born July 17, 1965) is an American neotraditional country music singer. [6] The song was recorded in New York City at Roc The Mic Studios, and released in a partnership between Def Jam Recordings and Disney Music Group for the promotional campaign for the movie. Posted Who Sings the Country Song Almost Home? Almost Home. Let me drive you to the mission." "Almost Home" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music singer Craig Morgan. [17] Kyle Anderson of Entertainment Weekly gave a mixed review on the song, saying that while Carey's "body of work is pretty phenomenal, [...] it has been a while since she delivered a really transcendent single. It tells of the singer's encounter with an old, homeless man who is sleeping behind a trash can on a cold winter day. D.E.P., and Chuck Taylor. Almost home Brother it won’t be long Soon all your burdens will be gone With all your strength Sister run wild run free Hold up your head Keep pressing on We are almost home. [15] Los Angeles Times reviewer Mikael Wood said the song is not as powerful as Carey's "Always Be My Baby" (1995) or "We Belong Together" (2005), but thought the instrumentation was entirely built around her vocals, "which arc upward until they crest in a key change that delivers the thrill we've grown to expect from her.". [20] The video premiered on March 8, 2013 at Carey's VEVO channel, the same day Oz the Great and Powerful hit theaters. Carey's vocal range spans from F3 to E5 in the song. According to songwriter Kerry Kurt Phillips, the homeless man's explanation that he is "almost home" is intentionally open-ended, and can mean that the man had almost reached home in his dream, or that he is about to die and go to Heaven: "A lot of people ask me if the guy almost died[…] was he dying or dreaming? It is the main track from the 2013 Walt Disney Pictures film Oz the Great and Powerful. [3] The song was written by Morgan and Kerry Kurt Phillips.

Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. During its run, "Almost Home" fell from the Billboard Hot Country Songs charts starting with the chart dated for March 8, 2003 after a peak of No. This is a widget ready area.

"Craig Morgan Beats The Odds With "Almost Home, "Craig Morgan Chart History (Hot Country Songs)", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Almost_Home_(Craig_Morgan_song)&oldid=972742545, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 13 August 2020, at 16:03. MercyMe is a group that has given us wonderful worship hymn such as “I Can Only Imagine” and “Shake.” Today, let us witness as they once again showcase their God-given talent with the song “Almost Home.” Their rendition has been seen by people around the world and I can say that it is indeed perfect. The video premiered on March 8, 2013, the same day Oz the Great and Powerful was released theatrically. April 26, 2017 country Home sings Song. The song was written by Morgan and Kerry Kurt Phillips. 7 June 2011.