Figueiredo managed to land a right hook plum in the chin of Joseph. As a consequence, the UFC decided that a rematch between Joseph and Johnson was the ideal matchup for the championship.

Following the fight, a dejected “Joe Jitsu” was interviewed by Michael Bisping in the cage and man, he sounded defeated in every sense of the word. How To Watch ‘Ortega Vs. Korean Zombie’ TONIGHT On ESPN+! Benavidez with Team Alpha Male members Urijah Faber and Chad Mendes. Also, he was ranked the second Flyweight in the world. Beginning life as a front desk representative for Urijah Faber’s Team Alpha Male, Joseph Benavidez has achieved the impossible by becoming one of the most well-paid fighters in the UFC currently. by J.L. As a result, Benavidez was now fighting for the top MMA promotion in the world, UFC. Joseph made his debut for the promotion at WEC 37, where he defeated Danny Martinez via a unanimous decision. Joe’s wife and UFC anchor Megan Olivi also had a hard night watching her hubby losing in rough fashion. Previously, he used to work as a screen printer in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Also, Benavidez followed that up with a flurry of punches, which led to the win.

And to the horror of Benavidez, that is exactly what happened. “I feel like this is isn’t real right now but I’m in some freaking nightmare,” Benavidez said.

What is his secret for success? Joseph is married to UFC reporter Megan Olivi. His full name is Joseph Rolando Benavidez. Later in 2007, he teamed up with Urijah Faber’s Team Alpha Male.

Have a look at some quick facts before we jump into the deep end. He proposed to her in 2014 and the couple married in 2015, with no children as of now. By choosing I Accept, you consent to our use of cookies and other tracking technologies. ‘They Don’t Test For Marijuana’. A post shared by Joseph Benavidez (@joejitsu), Kasie Hunt Bio, Career, Personal life, Husband, & Net Worth. Seto on August 27, 2020. Thank you for the continued support throughout my recovery.

Consequently, all WEC fighters were now under the contract of the UFC. Subsequently, the event took place on 29 February 2020 at Chartway Arena in Virginia. MMA fighter Joseph Benavidez, also known as Joe B, did not win the Flyweight Championship in the main event of UFC Fight Island against Deiveson Figueiredo that took place today, July 18, but the former received a word of praise from the champion through a sweet tweet in which he called Joe B a "legend". Moreover, on April 27, 2010, the Mayor and City Council of the city of Las Cruces announced publically as April 27 as Joseph Benavidez day. Cejudo had already made a name for himself in the UFC and was one of the top contenders for the flyweight championship. This athlete is also fond of fast, luxury cars and owns the beautiful Mercedes Benz S class which has a starting price of $122,750. In addition, Benavidez holds the record for most wins and knockouts in the UFC’s flyweight division and is ranked no.2 in the division mentioned above. I feel that the 35-year-old still has one last championship run left in his aging body. Joseph Benavidez is an international professional American Mixed Martial Artist who plays as a flyweight in the Fighting Ultimate Championship. @MeganOlivi reaction to her husband Joe Benavidez getting KO’D. During 2012, there was a conference where he talked about his frustrations and the dark past that could have to send him to destruction path to Pro MMA Radio. The lovebirds have been married since the 9th October 2015. Subsequently, the lovebirds married on 9 October 2015 in a JW Marriot Las Vegas Resort and Spa. A post shared by Joseph Benavidez (@joejitsu) on May 14, 2017 at 12:21pm PDT. He is also a pet lover who constantly posts pictures of dogs on his social platforms like Instagram. Female participation rates in sports activities are steadily increasing at present. Joseph Benavidez has been in major title pictures for a decade now, and he credits his wife Megan Olivi for helping him stay patient. His main source of income is from fighting. Really excited to be back, can’t wait to put on a show for you guys ❤️‬, A post shared by Joseph Benavidez (@joejitsu) on Feb 26, 2018 at 6:10pm PST. If Joseph Benavidez wins, he will become UFC flyweight champion. And his hard work paid off when Dana White announced that Benavidez would face Deiveson Figueiredo for the vacant UFC Flyweight Championship at UFC Fight Night 169.

Thank you guys for coming out, though.”, "I feel like this isn't real right now, that I'm in some freakin' nightmare. Joseph Benavidez Wife (Megan Olivi), Height, Weight, Bio, Net Worth Image source Joseph Benavidez is an American MMA fighter who began fighting in March 2011 after a merger of his original platform World Extreme Cagefighting with the Ultimate Fighting Championship in the UFC. As of now, the pair has not been blessed with a child. Joseph was born on July 31, 1984, in Texas and belongs to Mexican descent. The pair first met at Las Vegas in the summer of 2009 and started dating in 2010. To learn more or opt-out, read our Cookie Policy.

Previously, the Texas native had been earning a base salary of $48,000, excluding bonuses. The, 34, Benavidez has begun his career from his early days. On the contrary, Benavidez does give a lot of time for fashion as well. For many years, UFC flyweight Joseph Benavidez kept an old 4-inch-by-6-inch photograph of a UFC … Also, Benavidez is built to last the duration of the fight rather than knock out his opponents. Please also read our Privacy Notice and Terms of Use, which became effective December 20, 2019. At first, he used to fight in smaller shows. Benavidez is active in social media like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter where altogether he has followers around 111.8k. It is mainly due to his work ethic and never say die attitude that has got the Texas native this far and will continue to do so. But I worked my ass off for that and it didn’t go great. Always great to end the event on a positive note, isn’t it? It made the Brazilian MMA fighter ineligible to win the flyweight title if he managed to win.

The 35 year old has a net worth of $3 million and is married to UFC tv show host Megan Olivi.