The Lucan native was left bemused as he was handed €17.30 in change from a 'crisp' €20 note when he bought his train ticket. TONY McGregor has shown he’s not afraid to poke fun at himself, as he goes on a mission to try and rid the country of the scourge of loose change. Lucozade Zero Ambassador Tony, who rose to fame after appearing alongside his son Conor in RTE documentary The Notorious, manned the Total Liberation Corporation Kiosk for a few hours. €17.30 and a miserable little one-way ticket. “When I got to Lansdowne Road station I tendered a brand new crisp €20 note into the automatic machine looking for a single ticket to Dun Laoighaire," he continued.

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.

He said: “When I got to Lansdowne Road station I tendered a brand new crisp €20 note into the automatic machine looking for a single ticket to Dun Laoighaire.". He handed out Total Liberation Travel Cards to “nonplussed commuters who are fed up with the loose change rattling around in their pockets all day after they take the DART”. His MMA fighter son has now commented on his dad's video for the first time, and his reaction is both amusing and fitting. They gave me all that coinage. And former UFC champion McGregor has hinted that he was slightly embarrassed by the clip. Despite McGregor having a mere 5,000 followers - compared to his son's massive following of 24 million - the video quickly went viral. View our online Press Pack. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO), Tony McGregor in the Total Liberation Corporation kiosk, Tony McGregor handed out drinks to people passing through the station, a GoFundMe page was set up to help Tony get a leap card after he shared a bizarre video. Unsurprisingly, the first issue Mr McGregor wants to tackle is none other than loose change. “Are you non too plussed about the coinage you get from your crisp 20 euro notes at your local Dart station? RTÉ.ie is the website of Raidió Teilifís Éireann, Ireland's National Public Service Media. The former taximan, 59, headed to Connolly Station in Dublin t… The former taximan, 59, headed to Connolly Station in Dublin to treat people as part of a new campaign.

Just to let you know about my travel experience on the DART this afternoon, that’s the rail system of Dublin city, it’s called the Dublin Area Rapid Transport, something like that. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. “We’d recommend that Mr McGregor resolves the problem by purchasing a leap card," a spokesperson told Independent.ie. On Friday, September 21, Lucozade Zero is teaming up with McGregor to offer free Dart tickets and cans of Lucozade Zero to morning commuters at Connolly Station so their wallets will not be burdened by extra coins. Our. pic.twitter.com/mt7PeXt9qE, [ed note: it's Dublin Area Rapid Transit.]. Conor McGregor has finally commented on his dad Tony's hilarious viral video that made "coinage" a new favourite word among hoards of Irish people. A post shared by mcgregortony (@mcgregortony) on Jul 18, 2018 at 7:21am PDT, “They had the bloody cheek to give me back coinage, €17.30, and a miserable little one-way ticket. And if that wasn't enough, t-shirt website teespring.com have released a range to commemorate Tony McGregor's rant. Back in the summer, Tony McGregor took to social media to make the ultimate #FirstWorldProblem complaint. What are the most beautiful buildings in Ireland? I wear a slim-fit, hand-fitted Hugo Boss suit.”. Problems ensued however when the father of three revealed that there was no space for such 'coinage' in his custom made Hugo Boss suit. “I am not too plussed," the fighter's father said. Good craic, no doubt.

For those passers-by who are not taking the Dart, Tony will be offering a limited “cash for coins” service, providing notes in exchange for the equivalent in loose change. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. pic.twitter.com/Mp1D3a72lq, Become a Friend of IrishCentral - help us to continue bringing Ireland to you, Coronavirus live updates: More than 1,000 cases reported in Northern Ireland, Michael Collins, Oscar Wilde, and Eugene O’Neill all celebrate their birthdays today. Conor McGregor has finally commented on his dad Tony's hilarious viral video that made "coinage" a new favourite word among hoards of Irish people. The Dublin man, who sported a bright red suit for his close-up, has launched the Total Liberation Corporation, whose goal is to liberate the people of Ireland from all of life’s little woes. CONOR McGregor's dad Tony made sure passengers were red-dy for the day by giving out free drinks and train tickets this morning. ", He added: "I've done some good things, Ariel, I'm not all f***in' bad.". “They had the bloody cheek to give me back coinage, €17.30, and a miserable little one-way ticket. Donal Skehan's pumpkin brownies recipe - perfect for Halloween! © RTÉ 2020. RTÉ is not responsible for the content of external internet sites. McGregor was doing press as he prepares to return to the UFC this Saturday with a highly-hyped fight with Khabib Nurmagomedov. Tickets are valid for one day and give passengers the opportunity to take one free DART journey. In the clip, the MMA fighter’s father, 59, complains about getting €17.30 in change after buying a ticket at Lansdowne Dart Station. For other inquiries Contact Us. “They had the bloody cheek to give me back coinage, €17.30, and a miserable little one-way ticket.