"I've had a lot of success in England and I've really enjoyed my time with Manchester City but I wanted to challenge myself even further by playing abroad. Find out more here. How to get into football - the most popular sport in the world, with clubs and facilities throughout the UK. "I have met both the captain and manager - this is the next level for me, in every sense. England striker Toni Duggan has signed for Barcelona from Manchester City Women on a two-year contract. Toni Duggan signed for FC Barcelona Femení on 6 July 2017. Toni Duggan has left Barcelona after the English forward spent two seasons, and won two trophies with the Catalan women's side.. She moved to Barcelona in 2017 and became a … "My new coach Fran Sanchez has told me that their ambition is to win the Women's Champions League and the club have made that very clear with their signings over the years. Last updated on 6 July 20176 July 2017.From the section Women's Football. The views expressed in the contents above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline. In total, she scored 31 goals in 74 appearances for Manchester City. They have great players and I want to help them to retain the league and to go further in the Champions League. They knocked Duggan's former side Manchester City out of Europe in 2018-19, before pipping Barcelona to the domestic title in Spain. Toni Duggan was born in Liverpool, England on 27 July 1991, which makes her age 27. Estimated Net Worth 1.5 million Euro Celebrity Net Worth Revealed: The 60 Richest Actresses in 2020: She previously played for English teams Everton Ladies and Manchester City. Duggan said: 'It was a dream come true to wear the famous colours of FC Barcelona. She featured three times at the Women's World Cup in France and has scored 22 goals in her 75 international caps. I'm also looking forward to learning Spanish and living in the city.". In terms of a facility that caters specifically for a women's team, it is the best I have ever seen. They have increased their investment in women's football markedly in recent years, re-signing Spain midfielder Vicky Losada from Arsenal in November. On 5 July 2019, Duggan announced she was leaving Barcelona after … The 28-year-old former Everton and Manchester City player left Barcelona this summer after two seasons with the Catalan club. The Lionesses reached the semi-finals before being eliminated 2-1 by the United States in a hard-fought encounter. Duggan has scored 15 goals in 47 senior appearances for England and is part of their squad for Women's Euro 2017. "I think my style of play will suit the team and I'm honoured to be part of the club. Through more live women's sport available to watch across the BBC this summer, complemented by our journalism, we are aiming to turn up the volume on women's sport and alter perceptions. "I had several different offers from all around the world, but at this stage in my career I wanted to join a side that is consistently challenging for honours and Atletico's record is incredible.". 'A great many people have helped me over the last two years and I want to thank them all – you will always be in my heart. We are no longer accepting comments on this article. The Liverpool-born striker will become the only member of the current England Women squad to be based abroad. Toni Duggan has left Barcelona after the English forward spent two seasons, and won two trophies with the Catalan women's side. Liverpool-born Duggan helped Barcelona reach last season's Champions League final, where they were beaten by Lyon. ': Ryan Mason... Harry Maguire STARTS for Manchester United at Newcastle with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer keeping faith in... Real Madrid 0-1 Cadiz: Los Blancos fall to stunning defeat to newly promoted  side who go second in LaLiga... Chelsea 3-3 Southampton: Frank Lampard's defence crumbles AGAIN as the hosts twice throw away the lead with... Richarlison apologises to Thiago Alcantara and his Everton team-mates after seeing red for his wild... 'How bad is this?' Força Barça! After arriving from Everton in November 2013, Duggan helped City win the Women's Super League One title for the first time in 2016 and was part of the squad that won this year's Women's FA Cup. Toni Duggan Wiki – Bio: Age, Height & Parents. Duggan was an important member of Phil Neville's England team at the women's World Cup in France. Toni Duggan: Barcelona sign Manchester City and England Women striker. She was also part of the England side that finished third in the 2015 Women's World Cup in Canada. Get latest scores and headlines sent straight to your phone, sign-up to our newsletter and learn where to find us on online. Continue to next page below to see how much is Toni Duggan really worth, including net worth, estimated earnings, and salary for 2019 and 2020. Barca a perfect move for me - Duggan. England forward Toni Duggan has signed for Spanish league champions Atletico Madrid on a two-year contract. Read about our approach to external linking. Toni Duggan Net Worth, Salary, Cars & Houses Toni Duggan is an English footballer who currently playing for Barcelona. The Hollywood star and a team of journalists explore 400 years of slavery, England Women set for record home attendance, Bronze and White nominated for top women's player honour. Barcelona are in talks with the American National Women's Soccer League about entering a team for 2018, having opened a permanent office in New York in September. Barcelona prepared to pay portion of Philippe Coutinho’s wages for him to leave the club ... so they are considering a compromise to cover his salary. Barcelona: 2017–2019. The comments below have not been moderated. Atletico have won the Spanish league title for the past three seasons. BBC Sport understands no transfer fee was exchanged, as Duggan's contract had been set to expire in November 2017. I have learned so much as a player in the last two campaigns and feel that I am approaching my prime.". 'Together with my teammates and, of course, the wonderful supporters, I was able to win two trophies and enjoy many other memorable moments. England forward Toni Duggan has left Barcelona after two seasons with the Women's Champions League finalists. Read about our approach to external linking. Her net worth dwells around $2.5 million. Toni Duggan has announced that she is leaving Barcelona after two years at the club. The NWSL has never previously included a European side but is fully professional, in contrast to the Spanish top tier, which includes some semi-professional sides. The 25-year-old former Everton Ladies forward is the first English player to join the Catalan club since Gary Lineker's move to the Nou Camp in 1986. Like City, Barcelona reached the Women's Champions League semi-finals for the first time in their history in 2016-17, and finished second in the Spanish top flight last term. England forward Toni Duggan has signed for Spanish league champions Atletico Madrid on a two-year contract. As of 2019, Toni Duggan receives a salary of £25,000 per week. Her mother’s name is Joanne Duggan. Analysis and opinion from our chief football writer. BBC Sport has launched #ChangeTheGame this summer to showcase female athletes in a way they never have been before. He's done it before and will do again! Published: 17:57 BST, 5 July 2019 | Updated: 18:21 BST, 5 July 2019. Toni Duggan is a soccer player from Liverpool. "This is an amazing opportunity to play for one of the greatest clubs in Europe," Duggan said. Newcastle vs Manchester United, LIVE: Steve Bruce looks to pour more misery on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's side... Virgil van Dijk 'could be out for the rest of the SEASON after suffering anterior cruciate ligament injury... Manchester City 1-0 Arsenal: Payback for Pep Guardiola as Raheem Sterling's first-half strike sinks Mikel... 'Could end a career that, terrible terrible tackle! The latest rumours and stories from around the world of football. From the section Women's Football. The Hollywood star and a team of journalists explore 400 years of slavery. Last updated on 6 July 2017 6 July 2017. She was part of the squad that finished runners up to Lyon in the 2019 UEFA Women's Champions League Final. Last updated on 31 July 201931 July 2019.From the section Women's Football. Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group. "FC Barcelona are known all over the world for playing attractive football and I naturally wanted to be part of that," Duggan said. "I have loved living in Spain these past two years and look forward to continuing my journey. Josep Maria Bartomeu claims 'there's no Neymar case' and... PSG want Malcom in swap deal if Barcelona are to pull off... Frenkie de Jong passes Barcelona medical as he finalises... Inter Milan in for Arturo Vidal as Antonio Conte looks to... Finding Jack Carlton: New film portrays life of sport hero, Everton v Liverpool: Jurgen Klopp pre-match press conference, EMB: Dominic Calvert-Lewin reveals he was racially abused aged six, Ancelotti please with his team performance and competitiveness, Jurgen Klopp baffled by off-side call on Henderson late goal, Mourinho claims Wenger left him out book 'because he never beat me', Jurgen Klopp: Project Big Picture drawn up with right intentions, Gareth Southgate backs Harry Maguire after costly red card, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer: We know we've started the season badly, Pep Guardiola wants fewer games in light of Kevin De Bruyne injury, Manchester City v Arsenal: Premier League match preview, Mourinho gives update on fitness of Gareth Bale and Harry Kane.