No intimacy grows between Ada and her new husband. Reviewed in the United States on January 27, 2020. I highly recommend the movie. Bovendien gelooft ze dat ze telepathisch contact had met haar pianoleraar, de biologische vader van haar dochtertje, go-between tussen de leden van de driehoeksverhouding. "The Piano" is a movie people have been talking about ever since it first played at Cannes, last May, and shared the grand prix. I was totally blown away. Holly Hunter shines through this film. Hij is de vrijgevochten tegenpool van de stijve conservatieve Alisdair en heeft net als de Maori's zijn gezicht versierd met tatoeages. The sexual scenes focused on displaying great affection rather than lust, even with the crinoline cage. "I have not spoken since I was 6 years old," Ada's voice tells us on the soundtrack. With Holly Hunter, Harvey Keitel, Sam Neill, Anna Paquin. RSS. Hij laat Ada op de piano spelen onder het mom dat hij les van haar krijgt. Five for raising her skirt. Het zal allemaal wel, maar ik kon toch bar weinig met deze film. Dan wordt zij uitgehuwd aan Stewart, een man die in Nieuw-Zeeland woont. I have recommended it to everyone I've talked to, and even posted clips of it online, encouraging others to see it. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Het is duidelijk dat hij wel gevoelens had voor zijn vrouw, maar zo'n obsessieve gevoelens waren het duidelijk niet. I've seen it at least five times, as much for the music as the story. Ada communicates with the world through her piano, and through sign language, which is interpreted by her daughter. In this scene: Ada (Holly Hunter), Stewart (Sam Neill), Flora (Anna Paquin), George (Harvey Keitel), On a rainy day, Stewart and Ada take a wedding photograph. "Oscar®" and "Academy Award®" are the registered trademarks, trademarks and servicemarks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. ... wie in Jane Campions ergreifendem Melodram aus dem Jahr 1993. He'll give her one for taking off her jacket. Met het tonen hiervan wordt er mogelijk door een andere partij cookies geplaatst en/of wordt je ip-adres geregistreerd, zonder dat MovieMeter hier invloed op heeft. He does not mind quiet women, is one way he puts it. "That is MY piano - MINE!!" The score by Michael Nyman is one of those rare scores that become a very part of the film's fabric and the exquisite cinematography is courtesy of Stuart Dryburgh. Prachtige intro ook met de kijkers wanneer ze haar gedachten op hen loslaat. Select the department you want to search in. For those not inclined toward the deep, the dark, the unconventional, this movie will be a flush. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Reviewed in the United States on June 8, 2016. The husband is a coarse somewhat confused man but his friend (Harvey Keitel) possesses a sensitivity that eventually wears down her emotional resistance. Het is twijfelachtig of een piano echt zo snel zou zinken, maar het gaat om het poëtische beeld, Zoek naar deze film op dvd/blu-ray op Amazon, The Piano - The Promise - The Heart Ask Pleasure first -Michael Nyman - YouTube, The Heart Asks Pleasure First I - YouTube. In 1975, he won the Pulitzer Prize for distinguished criticism. Maar Ada is daar niet alleen. Zijzelf ook niet. Holly Hunter does an excellent job of portraying her feelings as a mute pianist. Ik kon totaal niet in de romance tussen de vrouw en de landverkoper komen. It also gives us a heroine who is a genuine piece of work; Ada is not a victim here, but a woman who reads a situation and responds to it. Niemand weet waarom. Ada's husband doesn't understand what the piano means to her but George quickly realizes that the piano is a part of Ada. If you are looking for a movie that has heart and a great score to go with it, then this movie is just for you. "The Piano" is a movie people have been talking about ever since it first played at Cannes, last May, and shared the grand prix. Zeker omdat dit toch een behoorlijk emotioneel geladen film zou moeten zijn. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb0EYXtM1lc. Enjoy the sound of a world-class Grand Piano where notes are played using your computer's keyboard or mouse. Taking place in mid-nineteenth century, this great film tells the story of a Scottish woman who goes to New Zealand with her young daughter for an arranged marriage. Making little attempt to warm up to Alisdair, Ada soon becomes intrigued by his Maori-friendly acquaintance, George Baines, leading to tense, life-altering conflicts. The performances are as original as the characters. He is a former whaler who lives alone, and he likes the music of the piano - so much that he trades Stewart land for the piano.