She has my full endorsement and I will be there to campaign with her! Bill Haslam won't run for retiring U.S. Sen. Bob Corker's seat", "Tennessee congressman says Peyton Manning might be considering a run for Senate", "Peyton Manning rules out run for Corker's Senate seat", "Sen. Bob Corker will not seek re-election next year", "Stephen Fincher halts U.S. Senate bid, encourages Corker to seek re-election", "Corker decides against reelection bid, sticks with retirement", "August 2, 2018 Republican Primary United States Senate", "Former Democratic Gov. There are 35 Senate seats on the ballot across the country this fall. • U.S. Spike Pushes Cases to Most Since July: Virus Update, Suspect in Teacher's Beheading in France Was Chechen Teen. ", "The @USChamber is a strong advocate for American businesses, and I am so honored by their endorsement", "NRA Endorses Marsha Blackburn for U.S. Senate", "CCAGW PAC Endorses Rep. Blackburn for U.S. Senate, Rep. Kustoff for House", "National Right to Life endorses Marsha Blackburn for Tennessee Senate, opposes Phil Bredesen", "Tennessee's Fraternal Order of Police endorses Blackburn in Senate race", "The Tennessee Police Benevolent Association Endorses Marsha Blackburn for Senator", "Small Business Endorses Congressman Blackburn for the U.S. Senate", "Joe Biden swoops in to give Democrat Phil Bredesen a money boost in tight Tennessee Senate race", "NV, AZ & TN-Sen: Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D) Helps These Democrats Win A Senate Majority", "Also, thank you to my friend, @SenDougJones, for speaking at the dinner & letting me add myself to your autograph collection. Democratic Senate candidate Phil Bredesen speaks with Thelma Harper, a Tennessee state representative, at an early voting kickoff event in Nashville on Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2018. We can always count on Marsha to be a friend to our military! Bill Haslam (R) is term-limited, but the race to replace him is not expected to be as competitive as the Senate contest. The Republican, businessman Bill Lee, is favored to win against former Nashville Mayor Karl Dean (D). Predictions for Every House & Senate Election", ". He is a strong defender of the Constitution and he deserves a swift confirmation in the Senate. Corker's retirement and Bredesen's entry into the race made it one of the few potential offensive opportunities for Democrats. She has our full support! @TheLeeGreenwood is a strong leader in Tennessee's recording industry and true American patriot. A highly competitive Senate race has emerged in Tennessee — a state President Trump won by 26 points in 2016. A highly competitive Senate race has emerged in Tennessee — a state President Trump won by 26 points in 2016. Gov. Swift’s October endorsement is reported to have helped increase the youth demographic’s early voting in Tennessee by 664%, United States Senate election in Tennessee, 2018, National Federation of Independent Business, American Federation of Government Employees, Public Policy Polling (D-Duty and Country PAC), Public Policy Polling (D-Health Care Voter), Public Policy Polling (D-Protect Our Care), Public Policy Polling (D-Our Lives on the Line), "Blackburn enters Tennessee Senate race, as Haslam passes", "See who's running for statewide, federal and legislative offices in Tennessee in 2018", "With Bob Corker out of the running, Tennessee Senate race now shifts focus to general election", "Former Memphis Dr. Rolando Toyos enters race for Corker's Senate seat", "Larry Crim Announces U.S. Senate 2018 Race For Seat Held By Corker", "U.S. Senate candidate to rally for Trump today", "Conservative activist Andy Ogles launches U.S. Senate bid for seat held by Bob Corker", "Republican Andy Ogles drops out of US Senate race in Tennessee", "Fincher halts U.S. Senate bid, encourages Bob Corker to seek re-election", "Who will jump in race to replace U.S. Sen. Bob Corker? Get real-time 2018 Tennessee Senate election results & live maps by county. Representative Marsha Blackburn, a Republican from Tennessee, speaks during a rally in Nashville on May 29, 2018. By subscribing, you agree to our privacy policy. #TNSen", "Graham to boost Blackburn Senate bid Sunday in Tennessee", "President @realDonaldTrump is exactly right. ", "Former Nashville Mayor Karl Dean to run for governor of Tennessee", "Karl Dean to show resilience in governor's race", "Democrat Bill Freeman rules out U.S. Senate run; pushes Phil Bredesen as candidate instead", "Democratic state Sen. Jeff Yarbro considers run for U.S. Senate to replace Corker", "Tennessee Democrats recalculate U.S. Senate race with Corker out", "More considering runs for Corker's seat", "Tim McGraw still considering possible future in politics", https://slate.com/culture/2018/10/taylor-swift-politics-endorsements-democrats-bredesen-cooper-tennessee.html, "August 2, 2018 Democratic Primary United States Senate", "GOP Sen. Bob Corker declines to back GOP candidate to replace him, defends migrants caravanning to U.S.", "Kavanaugh catapults Marsha Blackburn into lead in key Tennessee Senate race", "Volunteers bolt Bredesen over Kavanaugh support", "2018 Senate Race ratings | The Cook Political Report", "Larry J. Sabato's Crystal Ball » 2018 Senate", "Tennessee Senate - Blackburn vs. Bredesen", "Who wins 2018? ", "Jason Isbell, Ben Folds to headline Phil Bredesen fundraiser", "Former candidate James Mackler endorses Phil Bredesen for U.S. Senate", "END Mitch McConnell's reign of terror. Results data may not always add up to 100 percent due to rounding. The Race was between Republican Marsha Blackburn, and Democrat Phil Bredesen. [133] Although polls began to show the race in Blackburn's favor following the Kavanaugh hearings, Blackburn won by a larger margin than all but one poll showed. @CondoleezzaRice is a leader for our country and our party, and I am so honored to earn her endorsement. If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices. Marauding mobs do not. Amid the speculation about Corker's decision, many of Tennessee's Republican politicians, including many in the Tennessee General Assembly, reiterated their support for Blackburn. They promote no cause. Tennessee Senate race 2018: Marsha Blackburn wins . Blackburn has embraced Trump while Bredesen, a moderate, attempted to distance himself from the liberal wing of his party. [41] Bredesen also announced his support for Kavanaugh, which some believe may have cost him supporters.[42]. It's an honor to have @EricTrump in West Tennessee today to support our campaign, & I look forward to working alongside #TeamTrump in the U.S. Senate to continue making America great again! Thank you", "Blue Wave! This is also a reminder on the importance of keeping conservatives in the Senate like @VoteMarsha to ensure confirmation", "The choice is clear: Elect someone with Tennessee values, or elect someone with Chuck Schumer's. • Vote early for Marsha Blackburn for the U.S. Senate", "Now is the time for Republicans from across TN to rally behind @VoteMarsha! The Republican, businessman Bill Lee, is favored to win against former Nashville Mayor Karl Dean (D). A highly competitive Senate race has emerged in Tennessee — a state President Trump won by 26 points in 2016. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Senate_election_in_Tennessee,_2018 Oracle Chairman Donated to Lindsey Graham PAC During TikTok... Nigeria Protests Unwavering Even as Government Meets Demand. Im on the campaign trail today with my friend @VoteMarsha. She’ll take over the seat being vacated by Republican Senator Bob Corker, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee and an occasional critic of President Donald Trump. I look forward to working with her to make the Senate a more effective institution", "We need every #ProLife vote we can get in the Senate and @VoteMarsha has been a champion for the dignity and worth of the unborn. Marsha Blackburn is a rock-ribbed conservative who has been a champion of President Trump's pro-jobs, pro-military, AMERICA FIRST agenda & will be critical ally in the Senate. Winfield Dunn endorses Marsha Blackburn in US Senate race", "Former Governor Sundquist endorses Blackburn in Senate race", "Peaceful protesters deserve our respect. Marquita Bradshaw, who won the August Democratic primary despite spending less than $23,000, far surpassed her earlier … ", "Scalise throws support behind Black, Blackburn ahead of Tennessee primary", "Former GOP rival Fincher endorses Blackburn in Senate contest", "Victor Ashe: Governor Bill Haslam, other big names boost Marsha Blackburn in Knox", "Former Gov. @VoteMarsha on November 6! POLITICO's coverage of the 2018 midterm races for Senate, House, Governors & Key Ballot Measures. [21] Corker's chief of staff announced on February 27, 2018, that Corker would stick with his plan to retire. This page was last changed on 7 June 2020, at 05:02. #TNSen", "On the heels of @taylorswift13 feeling the need to, as all Hollywood elitists do, use black people and minorities as pawns to brainwash people into doing their bidding— I would like come out to Tennessee and campaign for @MarshaBlackburn. CNN will broadcast a projected winner only after an extensive review of data from a number of sources. Phil Bredesen (D) Flip The Senate", "I'm giving to @PhilBredesen please feel free to join me and send help too. Cloudflare Ray ID: 5e3b42b65d2724b2 @DaveRamsey has been a good friend of mine ever since we worked together to stop the massive job-killing state income tax in Tennessee. By subscribing, you agree to our privacy policy. I'm grateful to have his support as I work to defend faith, family, and freedom in the U.S. Senate. @MarshaBlackburn is a wonderful woman who has always been there when we have needed her. Intrigue starts with Haslam, Blackburn", "Tim Burchett will run for office, which one is anyone's guess", "Joe Carr considers Republican primary challenge against Sen. Bob Corker", "As Corker weighs third Senate term, Green and Carr seriously consider challenges", "With Blackburn in Senate race, some Tennessee Republicans staying away", "State Sen. Mark Green to run for congressional seat U.S. Rep. Marsha Blackburn is vacating", "Gov. Your IP: 123.31.41.31 A highly competitive Senate race has emerged in Tennessee — a state President Trump won by 26 points in 2016. Many called on Corker to reverse his decision to retire. Results data may not always add up to 100 percent due to rounding. ", "Now is the time for every Republican to rally behind a true conservative @MarshaBlackburn With our help, she can and will win this race in the fall. The 2018 United States Senate election in Tennessee took place on November 6, 2018, concurrently with other elections to the United States Senate, elections to the United States House of Representatives and various state and local elections. Pro-Democracy Protesters Defy Ban to Hold Rallies Across Ban... China Lawmakers Pass Export Control Law Protecting Tech. Republicans have focused on Blackburn's connection to Trump and tried to paint a vote for Bredesen as a vote for Democratic leadership. Vote Marsha Blackburn for U.S. Loves and works hard for the people of Tennessee. West Tennessee needs Marsha as our next Senator! Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn is running for the seat, but she's drawn a formidable challenger in former Gov. This could be one of the closest Senate races in November that decide which party takes the majority. [20] Without Corker running, it was widely believed that the Republican Party would have a much harder time keeping the seat. Republican Rep. Marsha Blackburn is running for the seat, but she's drawn a formidable challenger in former Gov. [39] On November 1, 2018, incumbent Bob Corker announced that he would not endorse either Blackburn or Bredesen; he added that either candidate would be a good senator for Tennessee.