SCG...what seats are best for watching cricket match? The Sydney Cricket Ground is a sports stadium located in Moore Park, Sydney. I will be going there for the first time. Strollers are also welcome, however they need to fit under the seats of the venue. Category A - AUD $140 each - BREWONGLE STAND , BAY9. To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html. The Sydney Cricket Ground witnessed its first major match in the year 1928 when New South Wales and Queensland played a home tournament match. Note: As seating can change at venues for different events and performances, these seating maps should be used as a guide only. SECTION: ROW: SEAT: SPORTS PARTNERS CORPORATE PARTNERS Connect with us. Info Details Events Crowds Seating Map Map Satellite Accommodation Photos Virtual Tour Redevelopment News Official Site More Stadiums. Sydney Cricket Ground Australia v New Zealand Friday 13 March 2020. We work hard with our caterers to ensure there are affordable options to suit every budget. Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG), Seating Plan, Parking & Stadium Map, NSW The stadium hosted its first cricket test in 1882 at a time when it had only to grandstands: the Brewongle Stand and the original Members’ Stand. Category C - AUD $140 each - BREWONGLE STAND , BAY9. There are many bathrooms around the ground and close to the seating bays. The Sydney Cricket Ground Trust is the operator of the stadium. Click here for details on accessibility. In subsequent years, two spectator mounds were constructed, and are today known as Paddington Hill and The Hill. Wheelchair Accessibility The Sydney Cricket Ground is of course wheelchair accessible with seating bays around the ground to make sure you have a great night out. To view our ticket prices and purchase tickets –. The stadium has a seating capacity for more than 48,000 spectators and is owned by the Government of New South Wales. Sydney Swans of Australian Football League also use the stadium as its home ground. FIND SEAT. Unfortunately the cricket world cup website sucks. They are well sign posted. more. http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html, Sydney Hotel Quarantine - food delivery - care packages. Something's gone wrong! In other words, if you can fit them on the ground of the back passenger seats of the family car, you should be fine. Where to find this information. Opinion: Why KL Rahul deserves one last chance for the final Test match at Sydney? If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. One of the first controversies erupted in 1904 when a cycling event and a cricket match clashed with dates and the authorities favoured cricket and faced the wrath of the Government later on. and is the home ground of the New South Wales Blues Cricket team and Sydney Sixers of Big Bash League. We have four categories of seating including General Admission as well as Platinum, Silver and Gold. and is owned by the Government of New South Wales. The Sydney Cricket Ground Trust is the operator of the stadium. The official opening of the Sydney Cricket Ground was in the year 1878 and the first international match was played in February 1882 of the Ashes Series. Am getting the below tickets allocated in each category : Category A - AUD $275.00 each - VICTOR TRUMPER STAND , BAY315. In this match, Sir Donald Bradman scored his top score of 452. This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. The sports ground is primarily used for cricket, but a number of other sports are played here as well. Home of the New Years Test match the Sydney Cricket Ground houses an incredible array of entertainment and corporate opportunities available all year round and plays host to the famous SCG Museum featuring historical monuments within the grounds. Allianz Stadium; Find My Seat. Download Help Seating-+ x. NEARBY … This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. Category B - AUD $195.00 each - VICTOR TRUMPER STAND , BAY311. Personally, I'd go for the victor trump stand. This stadium was the venue of the second semi-final of the 1992 World Cup where South Africa were given an impossible target to chase of 21 runs off 1 ball after rain interrupted play. How far is it from Sydney to the Gold Coast - driving wise? We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one. The Sydney Cricket Ground is one of Australia's oldest and most prestigious public sporting stadiums. Please try again. I am not sure so far up is really a best seat. When I selected Category C tickets it gave me BAY9 in Brewongle stand. Connect with us. The SCG is located at Moore Park, which is 4km from the central business district and adjacent to the popular bars, restaurants, cinemas and shops of the Entertainment Quarter. Tickets to the Big Bash are very affordable – from just $5 for a child (4-15), $20 for an adult, $15 for concession and $42.50 for a family. I too would have loved to get hands on Bay 15 tickets. Oh dear! Sydney Cricket Ground. The semi finals are in SCG in late march. The last test match was played on this ground in January, 2017 against Pakistan and the last ODI was also played against Pakistan in 2017 by the Australian team. The Sydney Cricket Ground is a sports stadium located in Moore Park, Sydney. Hence need some advise. Re: SCG...what seats are best for watching cricket match? The Sydney Cricket Ground is of course wheelchair accessible with seating bays around the ground to make sure you have a great night out. 3 reasons why India will not find it easy to defeat Austalia, Top 5 hyped controversies during India Australia series in the past, India-Cricket Australia XI game set to kickstart Test preparation, Australia vs India, 3rd T20I: Preview and Predicted Playing XI, Top 5 Indian batsmen with most Test runs versus Australia, 5 Grounds which have hosted the most number of ODI matches, Ten players who played their first and last Test against the same team, ICC World Cup 2019: 5 players who could take a hat-trick. The first ODI to be hosted by the Sydney Cricket Ground was between Australia and England in January, 1979. We recommend you purchase your tickets prior to arriving at the ground as it’s usually cheaper that way, and you are guaranteed a seat. Related: What are the most popular tours in Sydney? Click here for details on accessibility. Hence need some advise. Best place to watch the New Years Eve fireworks? I am planning a trip with my friends to watch a QF, SF and Finals of the ICC world cup 2015. Wouldnt some seats around the Long-on/Long-off area on the ground level be best? Bay 9 in the Brewongle would be almost side on. Answer 1 of 8: I am planning a trip with my friends to watch a QF, SF and Finals of the ICC world cup 2015. To make sure you are well fed and watered during the game, there are a number of food and beverage outlets at the ground and convenient to every seating bay. Buy tickets for Sydney Cricket Ground events at Ticketek GET TICKETS NOW. After rain interrupted play, South Africa were asked to chase 21 off 1 ball instead of pre-rain target of 23 off 11 balls. Sydney Cricket Ground Seating Map. It is one of the more modern stands and has the elevation to see the whole field. The Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) is one of Australia's premier sporting and entertainment venues. Southern Highlands - Must-visit Restaurants/Bakery/Wineries? The Sydney Cricket Ground has witnessed the most controversial match of 1992 World Cup between England and South Africa. What would be the best seats to watch the match at SCG where we can have some beer , fun and have good view of the match too? Its category C and hence much more cheaper than the ones in Bay 315. neerav u having beer might not good what is happening to out bharat sanskruti lol. India scored their then highest total in tests of 705/7 in 2004 on this ground. I will be going there for the first time. To view our ticket prices and purchase tickets – click here. Meet the best Australian Test XI from 1990 to 2020, Australia vs New Zealand 2020 ODIs: Live streaming, telecast details, fixtures and squads, A rare New Zealand spin conundrum hinging on William Somerville's experience, Australia vs New Zealand 2019-20: Kane Williamson, Henry Nicholls major doubts at SCG; Glenn Phillips called in as cover, Cricket Australia prepares itself for smoke stoppages during SCG Test, Top 10 cricket controversies of the decade, Australia vs Pakistan: Rain rescues Pakistan in the 1st T20I, BBL 2018/19, Sydney Sixers vs Brisbane Heat: Preview and Predicted Playing XI, Australia vs India 2019: 3 Changes India need to make for the 2nd ODI, Australia vs India: 3 Things we learnt from the 1st ODI, Australia vs India 1st ODI: Preview and Predicted Playing XI. Get answers to your questions about Sydney, FAQ - Public transport (including Opal card information), FAQ - AIRPORT - getting to and from the airport, FAQ - More Day Trips/Side Trips from Sydney, FAQ - Trip Reports for Sydney and other nearby places of interest, Hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Sydney, Hotels near The Opera House to the Botanic Gardens Walk, Hotels near Queen Victoria Building (QVB), Hotels near Sydney Tower Eye Observation Deck. The stadium was opened in 1848 as the Garrison Ground and club matches were played here then. There doesn't appear much difference between cat A and cat B seats so I'd just go for cat B. I would choose Bay 15 in the Victor Trumper, they are the closest to the bowler's arm. The sports ground is primarily used for cricket, but a number of other sports are played here as well. The semi finals are in SCG in late march. Sydney Harbour Marriott Hotel at Circular Quay. 7. When I selected Victor Trumper Stand it gave me Bay 315. I saw the seating map on the world cup site and they have some category A-E seats with A being the most expensive. A ticketing map of category locations is below. The ground hosts sports like Rugby League football, Australian Rules football, cycling, athletics, etc. Best area to stay in while visiting Sydney? South Africa lost a winning opportunity in the match. Members who are knowledgeable about this destination and volunteer their time to answer travelers' questions. You are not allowed to choose your tickets from the available ones like we do for a cinema. We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. The Sydney Cricket Ground is of course wheelchair accessible with seating bays around the ground to make sure you have a great night out.