Athlete . "I'm not interested in fighting for anything but titles, and I don't imagine there's going to be a title in the future," Cormier said. Athlete. My mother is going to come to England but I know she won’t be able to watch. Cormier had said it's not as easy it sounds to take down an athlete like Miocic, who said he had been working on his wrestling more this training camp. A loaded UFC bantamweight division will get even deeper this weekend. He is really long and I’m small for heavyweight as it is, but being a heavyweight is fantastic. It's black. (edited). “I just have to out there and get the W. I don’t care if it’s a knockout, a submission or a decision. There is a stunning outdoor swimming pool complete with waterslide, while the interior is classy and elegant. "My bad, bro," Cormier said immediately after the foul. INDEPENDENCE, Ohio — NOTE: The interview in the player above took place before the fight on Saturday. No need to speak s l o w l y. Sometimes you get calls, and sometimes you don’t. Moicic Stipe, Sti E Miocic, Stipa Miocic, Stipe Moicic and Steve Miocic are some of the alias or nicknames that Stipe has used. If there is any wrench in those plans, it will be light heavyweight champion Jon Jones, who also threw his name in the ring to face the heavyweight GOAT. I’m ecstatic for the opportunity.”. And Cormier did get a takedown in the first round, but that was it. “They are the most supportive and can get loud. "I can't see out of my left eye. 'Inside LFA with Ron Kruck:' Ex- LFA stars deliver fireworks on 'UFC Fight Island,' LFA 93, 94 previewed, UFC on ESPN+ 38 faceoff video highlights, photo gallery, Patricky Freire issues statement on Bellator 249 removal: 'I really wanted to fight', Dana White: Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier rematch unlikely for AT&T Stadium, Dana White: UFC champ Israel Adesanya has 'a lot of options' – and Jon Jones is one of them. Summary: Stipe Miocic was born on 08/19/1982 and is 37 years old. pin. My father is coming from Croatia so I’m excited about him seeing me fight.”. "But I need you to get your head in this game.". LFA 93 highlights: Aaron Jeffrey claims TKO win in Kansas, 'The Din Diaries': UFC veteran and coach Din Thomas documents his 'UFC Fight Island' experience, Video: Daniel Cormier, Khamzat Chimaev grapple outside hotel lobby, Kemran Lachinov explains why he put his hands down in Bellator 249 win: 'I go in there to win or die', Justin Gaethje on Khabib Nurmagomedov's durability: 'His main priority is to not take damage', Your California Privacy Rights/Privacy Policy. Ariel Helwani explains what Daniel Cormier's UFC legacy will be following his retirement claims after losing his heavyweight title fight against Stipe Miocic. At nearly seven feet tall, Struve poses unique challenges and is a hard person to emulate in camp, so Stipe visited a former UFC champion for some “height” training. Dustin Poirier. By Simon Samano, The Blue Corner | November 23, 2019 2:00 pm Follow @SJSamano Ohio State and Penn State are playing a big-time football game, with the No. Here are five critical aspects from the most important fight in UFC heavyweight history. Miocic, on the other hand, said he will absolutely continue to fight, and even joked at the news conference about any rumors that he was also considering retiring. Quick View LAS VEGAS -- The backdrop for UFC 252's main event heavyweight title fight could not have been more intriguing. Stipe Miocic and Daniel Cormier, who battled for five hard rounds in the UFC 252 main event, will both be out until September 30 at minimum due to potential eye damage sustained in their fight. Edgar is a former UFC lightweight champion, and Munhoz has won three of his past four fights. Sign up for our newsletter and get every update delivered to your inbox! I was enjoying it too much. At six feet, four inches tall and 245 pounds, he never really needed to say much to get his point across. It’s understandable then, with a uniquely Croatian name and an icy Eastern European stare, that people often think he doesn’t speak English. Thanks for signing up. Create New Account. Jessica Aguilar proud to witness growth of women's MMA: 'We're established'. High drama at the end of Round 2 as @stipemiocic hurt Daniel Cormier #UFC252 pic.twitter.com/6bBokCf01o. Interest. Stipe is one of the nicest guys I know. Stipe Miocic (9-0) is a man of few words. ET Stipe Miocic was so engrossed in the fight that he didn’t realize what he had hit. “They come to all my fights,” he said. Tony "El Cucuy" Ferguson. or. “He’s a super tough guy who is great at every aspect of the game and he loves fighting. BEFORE THE FIGHT: Stipe guaranteed win over Cormier during pre-fight interview with 3News' Jay Crawford. Please check your email for a confirmation. "That old leg is gonna be right in front of me to grab. I told him, 'Sorry,' during the fight. ", Miocic compares Cormier trilogy to a never-ending relationship (0:31), Inside the 5 key moments that defined Stipe Miocic's win over Daniel Cormier. In rounds that close, moments can mean everything. The fight was the third in a trilogy between Miocic and Cormier, and may have been the best yet. Stipe Miocic jokingly says his trilogy with Daniel Cormier is like a never-ending relationship between couples. Monday through Friday, host Pablo Torre brings you an inside look at the most interesting stories at ESPN, as told by the top reporters and insiders on the planet. or. That shot ruined what had been a pretty good round to that point for Miocic. Miocic told ESPN prior to the fight he intended to bring up the subject of eye pokes to the referee. Stipe knows, however, that with Struve, he’s in for a tough night. He’s a super tough guy who is great at every aspect of the game and he loves fighting." “Yeah, he was talking really slow and I was getting checked out by the doctor after my fight and I just nodded and signed the autograph. Even his fellow UFC fighters. Quick View Men's Reebok Stipe Miocic EA Sports UFC 4 Walkout Jersey - Chalk. "They make me do things I don't want to do, and it's all awesome.". Follow the rise of Jan Blachowicz as he made his way through the ranks to a light heavyweight title shot against Dominick Reyes at UFC 253. In the immediate aftermath of the fight, Cormier admitted that might have been the deciding factor in a very close fight. “If he does anything stupid on TV we will destroy him,” says Rogers. It was a "perfect storm" of circumstances, according to UFC president Dana White. Cormier was incensed as he returned to his corner, even prompting Goddard to walk him back and say, "Daniel, you got punched.