— Sinead O'Connor (AKA Shuhada Sadaqat) (@MagdaDavitt77) October 14, 2020 I currently live in a very remote part of the country so take outs, and or grocery deliveries are not an option. Sinead O'Connor was explaining she's happier single as she revealed her friends joke about making a break up song titled Nothing Compares 2 U, you b*****d'.". Jason. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Punk, rock and rave fans came together to celebrate their love of music, the Irish live music scene exploding as a result. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers' Limited's Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. Would have been great if she played some songs from “The lion and the cobra “ Aminta. PIERS Morgan was forced to tell off Sinead O'Connor for saying "b*****d" on live telly. O’Connor’s appearance on the show precedes a forthcoming jaunt across Ireland this October, which includes intimate performances in Dublin, Galway, Cork, and Wexford. Nearly thirty years ago, FÉILE became Ireland’s first ever multi-day music festival and it was like nothing the country had ever seen before. "Sinead, you're on breakfast telly you can't say things like that. 02/07 – San Francisco, CA @ August Hall Portland, OR @ McMenamins Crystal Ballroom. February 10th 2020. https://www.irishcentral.com/.../sinead-oconnor-fall-2019-irish-tour Manchester lockdown talks stand-off as Mancs hit pubs after Tier 3 snub, Cleaning fans hail tip of using your radiator to make your house smell fresh, Coronavirus map shows 8 places that could move to Tier 3 lockdown next, Shrinking Gemma Collins shows off her three stone weight loss in cosy loungewear, Police search for missing woman, 21, who vanished in early hours of the morning, ©News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. Feile ‘19 has revived its original moniker with a host of new events and acts added. Today Feile ‘19 has announced its latest headliner. A host of other music acts from across the decades will be out in force, from Sultans of Ping to Horslips and Therapy? Eric writes for the Entertainment Pages of Limerick Post Newspaper and edits the music blog www.musiclimerick.com where you can watch and listen to music happening in the city and beyond. Attendees will be treated to a very special tribute to Tipperary legend Shane MacGowan. After a long hiatus, the festival made a much-anticipated return in 2018 as Féile Classical. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. 03/19 – Nashville, TN @ City Winery Click here to upload yours. (Read: 10 Artists Best Known for Cover Songs). Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. © 2020 Limerick Post Newspaper. LIMERICK promoters CWB have teamed up with MCD and announced the re-branding and the expansion of their hit festival in Thurles which is now called Feile ‘19. However, she has now returned with a performance on Ireland’s The Late Late Show. I Thought He Shot Himself", Phil Collins Hits Trump with Cease and Desist Order After Playing "In the Air Tonight", The Flaming Lips Actually Performed Their First Bubble Concert, Diddy Warns If Trump Gets Reelected "There Will Be a Race War", David Crosby Gets Backlash Over Dismissive Eddie Van Halen Tweet, Stevie Nicks: There Would Have Been No Fleetwood Mac "If I Had Not Had That Abortion", Jack White Reworks "Ball and Biscuit", Plays Eddie Van Halen Guitar on SNL: Watch, The Title to Sacha Baron Cohen's Borat Sequel Is Absolutely Glorious, Dave Chappelle Unloads on Critics Upon Winning Emmy for Best Variety Special, Mick Fleetwood Joins TikTok Just to Recreate Viral "Dreams" Video: Watch, Rick Moranis Hospitalized Following Unprovoked Attack in Manhattan, a handful of shows under the name Magda Davitt, Get This Mask if Being Home Alone Makes You Want to Scream, You Ain't Got No Business Going Outside Without This Mask, Remembering Eddie Van Halen’s 10 Greatest Riffs, This Pixar Movie Is Skipping Theaters and Going to Disney+. Other headline acts include The Stunning, EMF, The Frank and Walters, The Fat Lady Sings, Transvision Vamp, Something Happens, Eleanor McEvoy, Picturehouse and Mundy. 02/05 – Portland, OR @ McMenamins Crystal Ballroom She also sang a cover of The Pogues’ ‘Rainy Night In Soho’. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. Click on the image for the latest digital edition of the Limerick Post, Avail of our incredible low cost Classified Rate, Keep me postedSign up for our weekly newsletter. The singer was dressed in a traditional Muslim hijab for the show, and later discussed her conversion to Islam. Out of these cookies, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. 04/07 – Alexandria, VA @ Birchmere Watch both performances below, and grab tickets to O’Connor’s upcoming shows here. I Thought He Shot Himself", Phil Collins Hits Trump with Cease and Desist Order After Playing "In the Air Tonight", The Flaming Lips Actually Performed Their First Bubble Concert, Diddy Warns If Trump Gets Reelected "There Will Be a Race War", David Crosby Gets Backlash Over Dismissive Eddie Van Halen Tweet, Stevie Nicks: There Would Have Been No Fleetwood Mac "If I Had Not Had That Abortion", Jack White Reworks "Ball and Biscuit", Plays Eddie Van Halen Guitar on SNL: Watch, The Title to Sacha Baron Cohen's Borat Sequel Is Absolutely Glorious, Dave Chappelle Unloads on Critics Upon Winning Emmy for Best Variety Special, Mick Fleetwood Joins TikTok Just to Recreate Viral "Dreams" Video: Watch, Rick Moranis Hospitalized Following Unprovoked Attack in Manhattan, a forthcoming jaunt across Ireland this October, Get This Mask if Being Home Alone Makes You Want to Scream, You Ain't Got No Business Going Outside Without This Mask, Remembering Eddie Van Halen’s 10 Greatest Riffs, This Pixar Movie Is Skipping Theaters and Going to Disney+. ... Sinead O’Connor will now play her only festival show of this summer at Feile ‘19. Revisit Sinead O’Connor’s comeback performance of “Nothing Compares 2 U” on Ireland’s Late Late Show below. 03/16 – Chicago, IL @ City Winery 04/14 – New York, NY @ City Winery You will laugh. Limerick Post News is your local news, entertainment, business, fashion website. 10/24 – Wexford, IE @ Wexford Spiegeltent Festival Féile to everyone means Thurles, Semple Stadium, the early 90’s, mad crowds, great fun and a truly wonderful generation of great Irish bands. 02/01 – Vancouver, BC @ Vogue Theatre A full summer tour was promised but never materialized “due to unforeseen circumstances.” Instead, she dropped the song “Milestones” in August of that year, and changed her name again to Shuhada Davitt by the fall. So, to see this line up with the original Féile name back is very exciting! Sinead performed her most famous hit ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’, despite previously saying in 2015 that she would never perform it live again. February 6th 2020. We're very, very civilised on this programme.". 04/16 – New York, NY @ City Winery. This website uses cookies to improve your experience. The No. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. “That’s what happened to me.”, She continued, even addressing her Irish heritage, “I am 52. Dogs Trust announce inaugural Dogs Trustival, #ThrowbackThursday: This week’s look back at our Out & About photos, A magnificent and elegant residence in Mungret, Family sleeping under bridge after being evicted from their home. Sinead will now go out on a short tour across Ireland. “That’s what happened to me.”, “I am 52. In 1992, Sinead O'Connor ripped up a picture of the Pope on live television, in protest of the rampant child sexual abuse the Catholic Church was actively covering up. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). The Irish singer was previously due to make her live return in 2018 after openly battling mental health issues, but the dates were postponed “due to unforeseen circumstances.”. This year, the festival returns to its roots as FÉILE 19, a weekend long festival built on the classic bands and unforgettable music of the 90s with a hugely impressive line-up and a host of fringe events across the festival weekend. Following a run of Ireland concerts later this month, the North American trek launches February 1st in Vancouver, British Columbia. I grew up in a very different Ireland to the one that exists now and it was a very oppressed country religiously speaking. This year’s line-up is better still. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. I really thought I wouldn’t even get any shows, that nobody would hire me to do shows after being out so long.”, Billy Ocean facts: Singer's age, wife, nationality and, Sinead O'Connor facts: Irish singer's religion, songs, When Rowan Atkinson interviewed an angry Elton John and, 8 stars who turned down honours from the Queen, from, When Barry Gibb and Olivia Newton-John sang 'Islands in, The 20 best male singers of all time, ranked in order of, The extraordinary story of Simon & Garfunkel’s life-long. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. All rights reserved. Pick up your free copy today! Sinead will be performing her own songs and some select hits from the Songbook of Shane MacGowan at the two day festival. https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/09/sinead-oconnor-late-late-show-watch The dates anticipate a similar US run with a possible studio album to boot. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site.