Drained if drained is free The album was initially released on CD and limited edition cassette and 12-inch vinyl (coloured black in Australasia and yellow in Europe; limited to 3,000 copies worldwide). Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. Leave feedback, Silverchair were one of Australia’s most successful. The group has had more top twenty hits during the last decade than any other local artist and they have sold over six million albums worldwide. For a general description of the term, see, https://thebrag.com/looking-back-silverchairs-freak-show-20-years-later, "RIAA > Gold & Platinum > Search results for 'Silverchair' (from riaa.com)", Recording Industry Association of America, "ARIA Charts - Accreditations - 1997 Albums", Australian Recording Industry Association, "The 79 Best Alternative Rock Songs of 1997", "Silverchair's freakish second album turns 20", "Australiancharts.com – Silverchair – Freak Show", "Austriancharts.at – Silverchair – Freak Show", "Silverchair Chart History (Canadian Albums)", "Dutchcharts.nl – Silverchair – Freak Show", "Lescharts.com – Silverchair – Freak Show", "Officialcharts.de – Silverchair – Freak Show", "Norwegiancharts.com – Silverchair – Freak Show", "Swedishcharts.com – Silverchair – Freak Show", "Swisscharts.com – Silverchair – Freak Show", "Top Billboard 200 Albums – Year-End 1997", https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Freak_Show_(album)&oldid=982514994, All Wikipedia articles written in Australian English, Articles with unsourced statements from March 2015, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, Pandit Ran Chander Suman – tampura and tabla on track 10, Daniel Denholm – string arrangements on track 10, Mark Thomas – engineering assistance (Sydney), Steve Sisco – engineering assistance (NYC), Adrienne Overall & others – sleeve photography, This page was last edited on 8 October 2020, at 16:48. Go directly to shout page. The album's front cover image is an illustration of Grady Stiles, Jr., a sideshow performer afflicted with ectrodactyly, who used the stage name "Lobster Boy". [citation needed] These include: "Cat and Mouse" ("The Closing"), "The Proxy Song" ("The Door"), and "Punk Song #1" ("Lie to Me"). Craziest moment: Ben climbing inside a flight case with a movie camera being pushed down the long corridor at Festival Studios by the other two crashing into walls while filming from the inside. Handle both of you "[1], American online magazine Loudwire considered Freak Show to be the 9th best hard rock album of 1997. But I won't fall down Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Freak Show was produced by Nick Launay (The Birthday Party, Models, Midnight Oil). Lyrics to 'Roses' by Silverchair. [6], Many Freak Show songs such as "Slave", "Freak", "No Association", and "Nobody Came" were performed live two years prior to their release on the album. 23 One Hit Wonders You Still Can't Get Out Of Your Head, NEW SONG: AC/DC - "Shot In The Dark" - LYRICS, HOT SONG: 21 Savage x Metro Boomin - "My Dawg​" - LYRICS. Last.fm Music | Copyright © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. / All rights reserved. Internet Explorer is no longer supported on Last.fm. Do you know any background info about this track? The release of Freak Show was originally slated for the autumn of 1996; it was later pushed back to avoid competition from Pearl Jam's No Code. Silverchair were one of Australia’s most successful alternative rock bands. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. But I won't fall down If only I could breathe, Take your mind with you The German music magazine Rock Hard rated Freak Show 8.5/10. There's no room for two The material found on the Enhanced CD is accessed when placing the disc into the CD-ROM drive of a computer. Smellin' dead roses The existence of "Slime" can originally be traced back to the 1996 late October/early November European press release where it is listed amongst the rest of the Freak Show track listing. No I won't fall down Cause I won't fall down. But I won't fall down But I won't fall down Roses Lyrics: Drained as drained can be / Life is gone from me / Drained if drained is free / If only I could breathe / Smelling dead roses / Smelling dead roses / Take your mind with you Scrobbling is when Last.fm tracks the music you listen to and automatically adds it to your music profile. Start the wiki, Drained as drained can beLife is gone from meDrained if drained is freeIf only I could breatheSmelling dead rosesSmelling dead rosesTake your…. S. Silverchair Lyrics . Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. While they may still concentrate too heavily on Pearl Jam and Nirvana, they're beginning to fuse the elements together in a more interesting way and are writing stronger hooks. Go directly to shout page. But it's enough that it works at all. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. This is one of the aforementioned Freak Show songs that Silverchair debuted live as early as January 1995.[7]. Life is gone from me [19], In 2017, The Brag wrote that the album stills hold up, "but in a different, lighter way". Thematically-speaking, it was described as the "linchpin" of the entire album. [citation needed] A demo version of "Freak" is featured in trailers for the 1995 space combat film Screamers. Silverchair "Roses": Drained as drained can be Life is gone from me Drained if drained is free If only I could breathe S... Silverchair - Roses Lyrics | AZLyrics.com A B C D … It was recorded during May–November 1996 and released on 4 February 1997 by record labels Murmur and Epic. The CD release of Freak Show is an enhanced CD that includes interactive CD-ROM media from the making of the album. Although, the majority of the songs found on the album still retain emotional and angst-fueled themes that include disease and suicide. Some user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply. [17], In 2017, Josh Leeson, writing for The Newcastle Herald, wrote that "for many Chair fans the tortured anger of Freak Show remains a treasured edition in the catalogue of Newcastle's finest musical export" and that "20 years on it maintains its own freakish charm in body and soul. An unreleased song entitled "Slime" was recorded during the Freak Show sessions, but it has yet to be released. Genre: Rock. One writer claimed the songs focused on the anger and backlash that the expectations of Frogstomp brought upon the band. Smellin' dead roses The image is courtesy of Circus World Museum, Baraboo, Wisconsin. [3][4], Frontman Daniel Johns described the album's title in 1997 by comparing the on-the-road life of Silverchair to that of a traveling carnival. [12] Spin also included "Abuse Me" at number 75 on its list "The 79 Best Alternative Rock Songs of 1997".[16]. starts and ends within the same node. I can't handle both "[7], This article is about the album by Silverchair. Freak Show is the second studio album by Australian alternative rock band Silverchair. [citation needed], Although Freak Show was shelved until February 1997 for the general public, European and Australian promotional pressings were officially circulated throughout the music press in late October/early November 1996. They also wrote that Freak Show is like "seeing your high school sweetheart many decades later – you don't feel the love, but you can remember how it felt. Log dich ein oder registriere dich kostenlos, Mark Forster & VIZE - Bist du Okay Songtext, Purple Disco Machine & Sophie and the Giants - Hypnotized Songtext. The album's producer, Nick Launay, has said that Freak Show is his favourite Silverchair album. Let us know what you think of the Last.fm website. Take your mind with you Alice in Chains - Nutshell deutsche Übersetzung. [8] Freak Show was certified gold in the US,[9] and 2× platinum in Australia.[10]. It was recorded during May–November 1996 and released on 4 February 1997 by record labels Murmur and Epic. Log dich ein um diese Funktion zu nutzen. Album Freak Show. No I won't fall down In order to have the best experience, please upgrade to a more modern browser.