It's the definition of a "must-see" moment. Perhaps Jones hit that point when he spoke of his family during his recent arrest. You don’t have to like White. The UFC could step in and place conditions on Jones. Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article. Very interesting, well written. For instance, I think of reraising as counterpunching. “My wife doesn’t get why I like Dana White so much, and I get it. its time ufc 40544 GIFs. Obviously you always want to finish the fight, but I was happy with how I performed.”. Q.

The sport is way too young and underdeveloped to have so many books published thus far. Opinion: It’s time the UFC helps Jon Jones help himself, © Photo by Hans Gutknecht/MediaNews Group/Los Angeles Daily News via Getty Images. When he’s not traveling with the UFC, he makes his home in Southern California. Many people only reach that point when they bottom out. The self-referral is just that, self administration. Q. But I have no regrets. It’s not an easy life, but it has its perks, one of which will be a shot at a world championship. The UFC's incredible growth into mainstream entertainment—and the breakthrough multiyear contract with FOX Sports—is 100 percent due to the awesome business and marketing efforts of Dana White and Lorenzo and Frank Fertitta. The Woodley fight was particularly impressive. That I didn’t know that the legendary boxing announcer Michael Buffer was my half-brother until I was around thirty. In December 2018, Jones admitted he was not sober. “I want to fight on the beach,” Holloway said, this week. “That’s what makes a great mixed martial arts card. According to the Albuquerque Police Department, Jones was far from sober on March 26, when he was arrested and charged with one count of aggravated DWI (driving while intoxicated), one count of negligent use of a firearm, one count of possession of an open container, and one count driving with no proof of insurance. And he wouldn’t necessarily disagree with that notion.

However, since Jones is an independent contractor and not an employee of the UFC, it’s unknown what type of help is available to him without him dipping into his bank account. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. What it tells us about the UFC we could mostly read elsewhere except for a few tame anecdotes.

Now, things are about to reach a new level, as highlighted by former featherweight champion Max Holloway. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. With Tenor, maker of GIF Keyboard, add popular Ufc Its Time animated GIFs to your conversations. The assistance program offers trained counselors on topics such as substance abuse, financial issues, domestic abuse, family relationships, stress management and more. - Rory MacDonald .

Find all the books, read about the author, and more.

The result is that as all sports battle fresh realities and a multitude of headaches, White, the willing villain and irrepressible showman, is about to put on one of his company’s biggest cards ever, from a mystical exclusion zone known as “Fight Island.”. Like the NHL, the NFL program is also confidential. This way I throw 100 percent of my passion for the sport into each bout, as I build the energy to a crescendo for the main event. The loss to Carlos Condit in 2010? Yes, White and his team have installed an octagon on the sand at Yas (now Fight) Island, an enclave on the coast of Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. Jones, has a previous DWI charge on his record from 2012. I realized this somewhere between page 45-50 of this book.

Reviewed in the United Kingdom on March 12, 2017. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. While the world has been fighting against the aggressive seep of the coronavirus these past four months, White has been fighting – to keep fighters fighting.

The UFC often treats its independent contractors as employees (Reebok deal, USADA whereabouts, etc. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. MacDonald looks at it all positively, and despite spending his entire adult life in the public eye, he hasn’t grown tired of his life’s vocation yet, and it doesn’t look like he will anytime soon, if ever. If Jones were an NFL player, it wouldn’t be a surprise to find him in that position. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. Connect with friends faster than ever with the new Facebook app. There's a problem loading this menu right now. He also manages the career of his brother, boxing announcer Michael Buffer, and has helped parlay Michael's "Let's Get Ready to Rumble®" catchphrase into hundreds of millions in sales revenue from licensed products and ventures. Holloway’s bid to reclaim the featherweight crown from Australia’s Alexander Volkanovski is a rip-roaring reboot of Volkanovski’s dominant win at UFC 245 in December. The UFC often treats its independent contractors as employees (Reebok deal, USADA whereabouts, etc. During his recent arrest, the 32-year-old father said, “My family, man. Bruce's book is a fun, informative, and very inspiring read.

If that includes getting him drug and alcohol help or some other therapy, that should be the highest priority of Jones’ management team. “There’s a learning experience in every fight, so I definitely feel different from when I first started and I’ve gained so much more experience and I’m so much more comfortable in the UFC, under the lights in the cage and stuff like that.

Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. One fighter literally caught the other's kick. “It’s not who I was and not who I am in my life, in my career. They’ve also set up an arena, training sites and administrative space. “I was a drug addict,” Jones said of his affinity for marijuana. He’s not much bothered either way, but be safe in knowing this. “If everything goes well, it is a massive success,” Yahoo Sports national columnist Dan Wetzel, who has known White for more than a decade, told me. To kick off Hispanic Heritage Month, the Fighter Timeline series features Cain Velasquez and five of the biggest fights of his UFC career. Copyright © 2001-2020 UFC All Rights Reserved. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed.

Because of my history in the organization, I’m actually one of the few people who got an inside view of those dark years before they took over, and of how they made that turnaround happen—and, in fact, that’s one of the things I write about in It’s Time! Yet after rebounding with back-to-back victories over Demian Maia and Tyron Woodley, and with the hiatus of his friend and teammate Georges St-Pierre paving the way for him to get a shot at the title he wouldn’t fight for while GSP was king, MacDonald is seen as a fighter who needs to make his move now. I felt like I had already read this book. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on August 19, 2018.

“I wasn’t expecting it to go any way in particular, but the techniques that I was working on really showed in that fight, and I can’t complain.

I was there! How do you prepare for that, and how do the fighters react? The whole story’s too long to go into here, but if fans are curious, they should definitely check out the book! When President Donald Trump met with various sports league officials in the first weeks after COVID-19 reached North America, White was among the most aggressive in seeking to put on events. Get more from Ultimate Fighting Championship. Q. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Whatever you think of the man who made the card happen, it is okay to love the fact that the juiciest sports event since the shutdown is about to go ahead.

After reading this book, I will be stopping, This book retired me from reading about MMA, Reviewed in the United States on December 23, 2013. The UFC, Jones and his management team, Front Row Management, need to see that he gets the assistance he needs. Despite that, everyone who works with Jones needs to help him stay out of trouble in any way they can. It’s definitely changed.”.