It is enjoyable, and if you enjoy sport I think it is a good watch.

EMAIL ME. With its slow motion, close-quarters capture of those viscerally violent fights, Notorious makes Raging Bull look like The Champ. The 25 Best Console Launch Games (Since 2000), They Call It Myanmar: Lifting the Curtain. McGregor is a compelling, contradictory figure, famous for his frequently very funny verbal jabs at opponents, which get confoundingly short shrift here. Montages of the high life, in private jets and fancy cars, abound. If you want a film about the life of a fighter without going past the hype, trash talk and expensive cars then this is great for you. Production companies: Motive Films, McGregor Sports & Entertainment, Cast: Conor McGregor, Dana White, Dee Devlin, John Kavanagh, Nate Diaz, Owen Roddy, Artem Lobov, Producers: Jamie D'Alton, Graeme McDonnell, Executive producers: Conor McGregor, Anne McLoughlin, Director of photography: Darragh Mccarthy, Gavin Fitzgerald. Unfortunately, an unseemly proportion of the running time of Notorious is wasted by its constant feeding of McGregor's monstrous ego. Please enter your email address and we will email you a new password.
In lieu of talking heads we get endless fly-on-the-wall scenes of McGregor training, in the cage, at press conferences and relaxing in his Vegas mansion or his parents' Dublin home. CONOR McGREGOR: NOTORIOUS, filmed over the course of 4 years, is a gripping access-all- areas account of McGregor's personal and professional journey from claiming benefits and living in his mum's spare room with his girlfriend to claiming multiple championship belts and 9-figure pay packets. Featuring exclusive interviews, unprecedented access and fight footage, this is the ultimate behind-the … About Our Ads

If you want a film about the life of a fighter without going past the hype, trash talk and expensive cars then this is great for you.

I did enjoy these aspects I'm not going to lie, especially when they are coming from such an entertaining figure as Conor McGregor, however I don't think I actually know anything more about the psychology of such a brutal sport or really who Conor McGregor is. © 2020 The Hollywood Reporter McGregor turned down a role in Shane Black's The Predator last year, and we'll doubtless be seeing him on the big screen before too long, a la Ronda Rousey. It does a great job of chronicling the amazing accomplishments of one of the best fighters in the world, but beyond that, it’s a lukewarm documentary that stays close to the surface. Don't have an account? Copyright © Fandango.
10:02 AM PST 11/21/2017 Fans will find this outing a bit old-hat, and newbies will probably be wondering what the fuss is all about. Harry Windsor Featuring exclusive interviews, unprecedented access and fight footage, this is the ultimate behind-the- scenes look at a sporting icon and his meteoric rise. If you're not a fan of McGregor, there's no real story here for you to get invested in. Privacy | | Cookie Settings. "Though it doesn't dig deep, Notorious: Conor McGregor is exciting, energetic and occasionally revealing...". Anybody who's ever seen a clip of mixed martial arts on YouTube or an episode of "UFC Embedded" will know what they're in for with Conor McGregor: Notorious, a feature-length tribute to the Irish star now considered the biggest in the sport. The Hollywood Reporter, LLC is a subsidiary of Prometheus Global Media, LLC. Several red flags came up when “Conor McGregor: Notorious” was announced as a straight to DVD release. It all makes for a wearying spectacle, and Notorious' pacing is all over the place, hurrying over McGregor's first few fights in the UFC (as well as his last) but liberally stocked with slo-mo sequences of McGregor driving — or, pardon me, being driven — down the Vegas Strip in a Rolls. Eschewing interviews and talking heads for a fly-on-the-wall approach, Fitzgerald submerges the viewer in McGregor's ambition.

Fitzgerald and his editor Andrew Hearne have opted for title cards instead of voiceover to signpost McGregor's path from welfare to multimillion-dollar paydays, but what's missing is any kind of perspective on the main attraction. Forgot your password? Also if you are going to "do nuthin" this evening I would recommend giving it a watch also just for the insanity of McGregor. No allowances are made for dissenters because dissenters are not invited. Get a list of the best movie and TV titles recently added (and coming... What to Watch Now on HBO Max and the HBO App, Music title data, credits, and images provided by, Movie title data, credits, and poster art provided by. All rights reserved. Anybody who's been on YouTube might as well stay there, however, so familiar is the behind-the-scenes material slapped together here. Kavanagh is a thoughtful figure who is rather remote here, seen wrapping hands in dressing rooms but rarely importuned for his opinion on fight tactics, or anxieties about head trauma and weight cutting, or just what it is that makes McGregor special. Featuring exclusive interviews, unprecedented access and fight footage, this is the ultimate … Sitemap | Terms of Use |

Conor McGregor: Notorious, filmed over the course of 4 years, is a gripping access-all- areas account of McGregor's personal and professional journey from claiming benefits and living in his mum's spare room with his girlfriend to claiming multiple championship belts and 9-figure pay packets. Structurally, the film is pure sports fairy tale; the rise, fall and resurrection of a champion, achieved through hard work, self-belief and a lot of people telling you how great you are. Conor McGregor: Notorious: Official Clip - Conor McGregor vs. Nate Diaz Rematch, Conor McGregor: Notorious: Official Clip - Conor McGregor vs. Chad Mendes, Conor McGregor: Notorious: Official Clip - Jose Aldo Press Conference. Ditto any insight about the sport itself, illegal in New York until only last year. Check box if your review contains spoilers, Conor McGregor: Notorious, filmed over the course of 4 years, is a gripping access-all- areas account of McGregor's personal and professional journey from claiming benefits and living in his mum's spare room with his girlfriend to claiming multiple championship belts and 9-figure pay packets. But fans will find this outing a bit old-hat, and newbies will probably be wondering what the fuss is all about. By creating an account, you agree to the Privacy Policy Available on various digital platforms after playing in North American theaters for one night only, this is one for the uber-fans in New York, Boston and Chicago, but is unlikely to win over the uninitiated. https://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/07/conor-mcgregor-notorious-review Please enter your birth date to watch this video: You are not allowed to view this material at this time.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Conor McGregor: Notorious at Amazon.com. © 2020 CBS Interactive Inc. All rights reserved. and to receive email from Rotten Tomatoes and Fandango. Arnold Schwarzenegger's smack talking made him a star in 1977's Pumping Iron, and the Austrian Oak makes a couple of baton-passing appearances, trotting out an "I'll be back" joke the old ham must use daily. by Featuring exclusive interviews, unprecedented. All rights reserved. McGregor toasting to some good business, sipping on some fine (and no doubt expensive) …

Drake, Kanye and Gordon Ramsay pop up — big fans all. 1.

Fans will get a brutal blood rush from the fight footage, but this brand hagiography is mercilessly one-sided.

Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. Dublin native McGregor was a plumber's apprentice before devoting himself full-time to training, fighting on the European circuit before exploding onto the UFC scene in 2012. TWITTER Conor McGregor: Notorious, filmed over the course of 4 years, is a gripping access-all- areas account of McGregor's personal and professional journey from claiming benefits and living in his mum's spare room with his girlfriend to claiming multiple championship belts and 9-figure pay packets. Unfortunately, Notorious comes together flat. For all his swagger, McGregor is more likeable than I thought and this watchable, if not especially illuminating, film will be warmly welcomed by his legion of fans. A West Wing Special to Benefit When We All Vote. He and long-time girlfriend Dee Devlin — who, like the rest of his entourage, never sits down for an interview with the filmmakers — lived at his parents' house while McGregor trained in the Dublin gym owned and run by John Kavanagh, McGregor's coach since he was a teenager. UFC champion Conor McGregor executive produces this feature documentary about his rise to fame. Herald Sun (Australia) November 8, 2017. My top 5 moments from Conor McGregor: Notorious.

I did enjoy these aspects I'm not going to lie, especially when they are coming from such an entertaining figure as Conor McGregor, however I don't think I. Sidney Poitier’s 7 Most Memorable Performances, All Harry Potter Movies Ranked Worst to Best by Tomatometer. However, ultimately, it’s just another cog in the McGregor hype machine, settling for the chest-beating tone of a pre-fight press conference. FACEBOOK