If you don't have one, just use a 1/4 measuring cup and only fill it ¾ of the way full. They also all have different fat content, which means you get a variety in flavor, and the juiciness you want. If so, would I need to alter the other ingredients? Required fields are marked *. Flip the meatballs over about halfway through cooking. So adjust accordingly. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Hope that helps , Love meatballs. The adding of pork to the hamburger would cause a lot of grease in the Crock pot if not baked first. You don’t want the meat to release a lot of fat while cooking. These meatballs are making my mouth water!! So many great tips! Try Cookies and Cream Caramel Layer Bars or Coconut Cream Pie. This post may contain affiliate links. ❤️. of meatball mix. Worcestershire Sauce. Can ground turkey be used along with the ground pork instead? This post may include amazon links. This process is quite simple, with phenomenal results. I always think it is a good idea to label the bag with the date so you know how long you have to use the food. That takes half the work out. Add the meat to the mixture and just combine. I love this meatball recipe because there is so much you can do with it and it offers a great texture and flavor. You don't want the meat to release a lot of fat while cooking. You want to make sure to use some sort of spice or sauce with your meatball to give it a little zip or burst of flavor. Once they are frozen, you can pack them up in a freezer safe bag and then when ready, put them in the crock pot with the sauce and cook for about 4-6 hours (it takes a little longer for them to cook from frozen.). Love this recipe! What is so great about our friend the meatball and about this meatball recipe is that you can eat it whenever. You just need to make sure that your ratios are correct so that your meatball is a good consistency. I can’t wait for you to try out this meatball recipe–I truly believe it is the best! I’m Kristen. The broth will be absorbed into the meat and evaporated some in the oven, so that after a short baking time, the broth is gone and meatballs will have a chance to sear and get a crunchy exterior without being fried or covered in oil to bake. This is brilliant. I believe that making a wholesome family meal does not need to be hard or expensive! Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours (or have reached an internal temperature of 160f degrees.) CREAM CHEESE SAUSAGE BALLS However, using your hands works just as good.Stir until fully combined.Before rolling the meatballs, pour the chili sauce and jelly into a 6 quart (or larger slow cooker.) I am so excited about this meatball recipe. This really is the World’s Best Meatball Recipe! Plus, I love the versatility of this recipe, allowing you as the chef to add or substitute spices or sauces so that this meatball recipe can be used for really any meatball dish. EASY, MODERN MEALS YOUR FAMILY WILL WANT TO EAT. It is so important to make sure when making meatballs that the ratios are accurate. Or even venison or chicken! I am so glad you enjoyed this recipe and plan to use it as a go-to . Expert Tips to Get More from Your Instant Pot, Filed Under: Beef Recipes, Kid Friendly, Main Courses, Popular Posts, Real Food. I make a double or triple batch of oven meatballs and then once cooled, I place on cookie sheet and freeze until solid (about 30 minutes.) So with this in mind, look at the mixture itself and make sure it is wet enough for the meatballs to stick, but not so wet that it does not hold shape. of the select taste buds, declared these wonderful and savory. Unless otherwise noted, all images and content here onThe Country Cook are original and copyright protected under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. This helps the flavor be evenly distributed in the meatballs. They reheat beautifully in simmering sauce. I know most baked meatballs are known to be dried out or tough. See my. I absolutely LOVE that program and how it blesses others! Let me share with you tips and tricks to help you make healthy eating a reality for your family in the chaos of life and on the constraints of a budget. Transfer to a freezer safe bag for up to 3 months. GLAZED KIELBASA BITES BUT, I have found THE PERFECT trick that will change the way you bake meatballs FOREVER! I can work with you to develop, test and create original recipes and content using YOUR products, and share it across Eazy Peazy Mealz blog and social channels, reaching thousands of dedicated readers. You can place some plates and forks right next to the slow cooker so guests can help themselves. And while I am sure they are delicious, you have not tried my recipe for meatballs. Whether you want crockpot meatballs, instant pot meatballs, Swedish meatballs or just simply a meatball that can be eaten with rice, spaghetti, or in a sandwich, this meatball recipe is just what you’ve been waiting for. Thank you for this delicious recipe! Learn how your comment data is processed. Gently add bread crumbs into meat mixture and combine. Add meatballs on top of the sauce mixture. Add a sheet of aluminum foil on top of each layer, followed by a single layer of meatballs. Hi Susan, that is why I suggest very lean meat so you do not get a lot of grease. If you want want a sweet and sour meatball, trade out Italian spices for a sweet and sour marinade. I already know it tastes great and I'm positive my friends will think so too. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. For example if you want Italian meatballs stick with Italian spices. An authentic recipe for Italian style baked meatballs that are perfectly seasoned and tender. ur hands are your best tools for mixing meatballs!! The Ultimate Guide To Meatballs won’t let you down. And more. Simply place the meatballs on a rimmed baking sheet (a RIMMED baking sheet is crucial here), and then  pour beef broth around the meatballs before placing in the oven. That’s why I get excited for tailgating or holiday parties. All Rights Reserved. I too, grind chicken in food processor–huge money saver. Why Do My Meatballs Fall Apart When Cooking? Read more. The Ultimate Guide to Meatballs offers a meatball recipe that has perfect consistency, flavor, and versatility. Happy Thanksgiving Brandi!Leslie, My husband can't eat beef. Just keep your slow cooker on the warm setting. Continue until you've made all the meatballs. You can make these meatballs in advance and freeze them. If you don’t have one of these casserole crock pots, just put down a single layer of meatballs at a time. It’s important to use lean ground beef (90/10) for this dish. If you need meatballs, these are the meatballs you need! Average meatballs are golf ball sized. So if you find the meat is not as fatty, or you need more liquid to help hold it all together, add another egg or more milk. I’m using frozen meatballs. Your site is very good and the print out of recipes is excellent. The line up of ingredients are extensive, but they are simple and your will find most of it already in your pantry. Try this basic meatball recipe tonight. The mixture should be very moist but still hold its shape if rolled into meatballs. I mean, I love my 3 square meals a day, but if I have the choice, I love to eat a little bit all throughout the day. My husband. I like to say the recipes on here are recipes for the busy cook (you know who you are). CROCK POT MEATBALLS WITH MARINARA Or use a smaller cookie scoop for smaller, bite-sized meatballs. If there is any food I love the most, it is party food. Just put the meatballs on a tray in a single layer. I am so glad you enjoyed this recipe and THANK YOU so much for volunteering for Meals on Wheels. We cook for about 80-100 people for our Meals on Wheels program and for some reason never had Italian meatballs on the menu, we had this a few weeks and it turned out great! So, good that my 16 year old son asked me to send the recipe to one of the guys on the football team who doesn’t eat red meat. Shape into the size you want. Combine your different types of meat in a large bowl. Check out the recipe below and pick the cooking method that speaks to you. Hi, I'm Rachael, and I am obsessed with sharing quality products and solid recipes. It holds 3 tbsp. The salt and pepper, parsley, oregano, and garlic are a great base, and can be easily adjusted for whatever way you intend to use them, whether that is with an asian themed sauce, Italian, or even on their own. These are the best meatballs! Turn the meatballs over once about halfway through cooking. Before rolling the meatballs, pour the chili sauce and jelly into a 6 quart slow cooker. MEATBALL SUB ON A STICK. Love all the great tips!!! By using a cookie scoop, it helps ensure all the meatballs are the same size which is key to delicious meatballs and allows you to handle the meatball mixture as little as possible–which will ensure tender meatballs. Your hands are your best tools for mixing meatballs!! The meatballs absorb the broth as they bake, keeping them flavorful and tender, and as the broth is evaporated and absorbed, they crisp up perfectly on the outside. There are two things that make these meatballs better than all other meatball recipes. Basically these meatballs are a great and versatile option. Combine beef, veal, and pork in a large bowl. These meatballs are steamed in beef broth as they bake. This particular scooper is a medium one. Your email address will not be published. I am a total sucker for little bites of goodness. The Ultimate Guide to Meatballs offers a meatball recipe that has perfect consistency, flavor, and versatility. They are my Go To meatball. If you want the perfect meatballs, f. ollow these easy step by step instructions in this meatball recipe and make perfect meatballs each and every time. I want a meatball that holds together, but isn’t too tough and chewy. Then put the tray in the freezer. GIVE THESE A TRY! Try it out–I promise you will be a believer. Gently add bread crumbs into this mixture. They are fabulous simmered into Italian Wedding Soup or tucked into pizza bread, as a marvelous little surprise. Definitely going in my recipe book! I have taken into account all of these above mentioned things to make this a fantastic meatball dish. You can certainly use a smaller scoop and you would be able to double the amount of meatballs. INGREDIENTS NEEDED: This seriously made my day . Fortunately, this recipe offers more than one way to cook these meatballs. I like to say my recipes are for the busy cook (you know who you are!) They would be perfect for an appetizer or a crazy good and easy dinner around the holidays! You can still get a good meal on the table, with a few shortcuts to help you along the way. Place meatballs on baking sheet and cook at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Egg Free Meatballs: Omit the egg and use a flax egg. lean ground beef (90/10) Shape into meatballs the size of a golf ball. How long would you suggest I leave them on? Best meatballs I’ve had! Pour remaining 3/4 cup beef broth around meatballs and bake for 25 minutes. However, one of the things I love about this recipe is the fact that it is a basic meatball recipe, meaning that it can be adjusted and used in several different ways. Everyone needs a good meatball recipe in their arsenal! Or you could just use all pork. A medium scoop holds 3 tbsp. If there is any food I love the most, it is party food. I like not having my meatballs cooked before I freeze them, as this gives me the flexibility to add whatever sauce or seasoning I want. Pork is naturally lean so it works well in this. I love hearing that! However, I’ll be totally honest, I have no patience for rolling out meatballs. Add a sheet of aluminum foil on top of each layer, followed by a single layer of meatballs.