As a weekend warrior 5K runner I plan to implement so much of what was discussed as injury prevention is always my #1 concern for my 44 year body. In cycling you can only generate more watts (power) by pedaling faster or harder. For more information about this processing of personal data, check our, Nike processes information about your visit using cookies to improve site performance, facilitate social media sharing and offer advertising tailored to your interests. Ryan Flaherty (@ryanflaherty1) is the Senior Director of Performance at Nike.Prior to holding that position, Ryan was the Founder and President of Prolific Athletes LLC, a sports performance facility in San Diego, California, where he trained some of the world’s best athletes. While I’ve been sort of fast all my life (competitive national sprinter in Canada in high school, then competed in University with little success due to injuries), I focused a lot on my career in my 20s… now freshly into my 30s, I’m getting back into it in a serious way. Tim, you are on a roll. I don’t think I understood unconditional love until I met you. Brute Booty Become a Nike Member for the best products, inspiration and stories in sport. Tim thanks for all you do, your podcast is excellent! Show notes and links for this episode can be found at www.fourhourworkweek.com/podcast. DO you think you could post a better video please? His research and commitment has lead him to identify key factors of human performance, allowing him to … 17:34 – Speed development & force production, 46:15 – How to prevent injuries as you get older. Many of Ryan's clients have made remarkable recoveries from injuries, and several NFL teams and European soccer clubs have sought his methodology to implement into their training programming. i am one in millions, so it’s very possible that my opinion is in the minority, in which case c’est la vie! Performance Trainer // Head of nike performance. [1:32:25]. Any help or feedback targeted to master athletes looking to optimize fast twitch high impact sports (short sprints, basketball, tennis…). LegalZoom is not a law firm, but they do have a network of independent attorneys available in most states. The Orioles won 2-1. Her work has focused on making mental healthcare more effective, more affordable, and more accessible, while changing the culture around mental health and wellness. Apr 19, 2017 - Explore Linda Richer's board "Tattoo Artist - Ryan Flaherty", followed by 1910 people on Pinterest. [1:04:29], How Ryan used his sprinting to help Meb Keflezighi win the Boston Marathon. Is there a different link to learn how to do the 7 way hip stretch? In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. I 100% agree there’s a combination of technique and work ethic for speed improvement… there were so many gems in this one, I’m going to need to listen to it 3-4 more times to get everything. Such a simple concept that people have taken for grated forever. After much personal testing, I can affirm that Soothe delivers a hand-selected, licensed, and experienced massage therapist to you in the comfort of your own home, hotel, or office in as little as an hour. I doubt that has the 99% accuracy mentioned by Flaherty. It takes less than 60 seconds, and it really makes a difference in helping to convince hard-to-get guests. 24k Followers, 1,226 Following, 310 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Ryan J Flaherty (@ryanjflaherty) He’s the reason I began working out and is just about the most well rounded athlete I’ve ever seen. This podcast is also brought to you by LegalZoom. View, Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our website through social media. Do you accept these cookies and the processing of personal data involved? Prior to holding that position, Ryan was the Founder and President of Prolific Athletes LLC, a sports performance facility in San Diego, California, where he trained some of the world's best athletes. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond Nike websites. [18:08], What protocol would Ryan recommend for a former competitive athlete trying to improve strength output? [1:19:38], What has Ryan borrowed or adapted from Louie Simmons, in particular? Seated single leg box jump is the bomb! But please note I am no physio! She has a PhD in exercise physiology and more than 100 peer-reviewed publications in the areas of sleep, recovery, fatigue, and travel.