I’m just proud to see what he’s done since then. I was lucky enough to play in Italy with (Clarence) Seedorf, (Christian) Vieri and people like that. Transfer history. “I get this question a lot,” Keane began. “And then as the weeks went on during preseason, you thought ‘this lad has really got something but can he do it in the Premier League?’ He took to it with ease. “But if I had to really knuckle down one as an all-round player, I would probably say Luka Modric, the magician. We did a couple of training session, five-a-sides, a round-robin five-a-side. Robbie Keane is the cousin of Jason Byrne (Bluebell United AFC). You can contact him by email seanmc@punditarena.com or on Twitter Robbie Keane on FIFA 17 - FIFA 10, all cards, stats, reviews and comments! Because what he did for me, I think the two of us helped us in terms of games. “As an all-round player, because I liked to link in that number 10 role at times, me and Berbatov used to chop and change, he’d always try to find you, he’d always look for that pass forward. For me, that would have been absolutely…disappointed I didn’t get to play with him but going to Steven Gerrard, Beckham and Modric. “As soon as he walked in the door, the lads were like, ‘he’s a bit small isn’t he? Football statistics of Robbie Keane including club and national team history. “A couple of things he did and you thought, ‘Oh, that was good’. What he’s done, not just when I played with him. I’ve been trying to pick my brains all day today. Keane, who is the record goalscorer for the Republic of Ireland, played with 11 different clubs during his 21-year stint as a professional footballer. While Modric joined Real Madrid in 2012 for £30m. View all posts by Sean McMahon, David Harte On Helping To Break The Mould For Irish Hockey, Jose Mourinho Praises Bruno Fernandes Before Getting A Slight Dig In, Quiz: Name the clubs these footballers played for before joining Manchester United, Pundit Arena Daily Sports Brainteaser Challenge – Day 145, Richard Dunne’s honest take on Jeff Hendrick’s role and Kenny’s poor start is on the money, “It’s like he’s the Messiah” – Roy Keane gives his opinion on Jack Grealish, Roy Keane aims dig at Man United defence after Harry Maguire’s red card, Ex Liverpool youth player admits he deliberately injured teammate to get first team spot, Man United reportedly line up two potential replacements for Solskjaer, Patrick Bamford admits it would be a dream to play for England, Matt Doherty’s brilliant trick-shot completely took the attention off Mourinho’s Sky interview, Roy Keane gives his view on Randolph’s ‘crazy’ mistake and Ireland’s defeat to Finland, Shane Duffy breaks silence after defeat in first Old Firm derby, Sergio Aguero escapes punishment for grabbing Sian Massey-Ellis around the neck, Caoimhin Kelleher caught falling asleep during Merseyside derby. He was quite quiet. He’s definitely one that’s up there.”. When he first came in, we didn’t really know too much about him. The Irishman left for LA Galaxy mid-way through the 2010/11 season. “You’re probably the same, it’s very difficult to pick one. I can’t really see him setting the Premier League alight. Keane and Modric played alongside each other at White Hart Lane for just over two seasons. He was only starting to learn English, he spoke a little bit but not much. If I was going on strike partners, it would be Berbatov, no question about it. Keane, who is the record goalscorer for the Republic of Ireland, played with 11 different clubs during his 21-year stint as a professional footballer. Current club: Retired: Joined: Nov 28, 2018 : Contract expires:-Social media: Further information. Republic of Ireland legend Robbie Keane has revealed who was the greatest player that he has ever played with throughout his storied career. He’s a bit slight. It was a couple of training sessions (in). Keane, who was speaking to Gary Lineker on the MOTD podcast, recalls some of the greatest players he’s played with before landing on 2018 Ballon d’Or winner, Luka Modric, during his time at Tottenham Hotspur. And then he did it again. Then he took someone, did a step-over and bent it into the top-corner and then you’re like, ‘this lad, he’s certainly got something.’. “I don’t know about you, Gary, but I always looked at people who helped me. As a result, the Dubliner has graced pitches alongside numerous world-class players at various stages throughout his playing career. Read More About: Liverpool, luka modric, Republic of Ireland, robbie keane, Spurs, tottenham hotspur, Sean is Deputy Editor and head rugby writer. Keane on the best footballers he played alongside “I didn’t get the chance to play with R9 (Ronaldo) because that’s when he had his knee problems. “We were in Spain on preseason. 01:08 Flashback: Keane double helps Leeds beat Man City 01/10/2020 CC AD; 02:13 On this …