Rookie Status: Exceeded rookie limits during 1989 season Agents: Alan Nero, Barry Meister .

You're the most important person in my life.
"Johnson was enshrined as an Arizona Diamondback, but he made sure in his speech that he touched on the time he spent with the Expos, Mariners, Astros, Yankees and Giants. During Johnson’s 22-year career, spent mostly with the Mariners and Diamondbacks, the dominant southpaw, with his fastball and slider arsenal, won 303 games and five Cy Young Awards, including four in row from 1999 to 2002. Johnson blew though the Hall of Fame voting process as he did opposing hitters to became one of 50 player to be elected to the Hall of Fame on the first ballot Tuesday. "I'm very proud to have played there for 10 years," Johnson said. • Among pitchers in the 300-win club, Johnson's .646 career win percentage is the fifth-best. But when Wilson pumped strike three past Washington's Wil Nieves, teammates began pounding the Big Unit on the back. “I’ve enjoyed my time here. Hall of Fame: Inducted as Player in 2015.

"A Mariners fan in attendance immediately screamed, "We love you Randy!". The Big 300th (June 4, 2009) "I no longer have a fastball. I played with and the franchise. Johnson overpowered an Atlanta lineup that was missing double-play partners Rafael Furcal and Marcus Giles, but still included Andruw Jones and Chipper Jones. Now it’s my opportunity to mention and thank the people publicly that are there about helping me and keeping me there.”, Randy Johnson poses for a photo next to a barnstorming poster during his Hall of Fame Orientation Tour on March 28. • Opportunity for reserved at the Awards Presentation It took me 4 years in the minor leagues to finally get a call up in 1988, as a September call up. "In closing, Johnson talked about a request he received to talk to a left-handed pitcher, Ohio State University's Zach Farmer, who is battling leukemia. In closing I would just like to thank everybody for being here, and my special friends, the Wounded Warriors, and also Zack Farmer who I don't know personally, but I called him two days ago. Thank you Mom, you're the hall of famer. So when Randy gets pumped, it's pretty much wise to just go home. I'm so happy to be elected to the baseball hall of fame, and be in the greatest fraternity of all time, and you the fans to share this great moment with me. Johnson was four months shy of his 41st birthday when he dazzled the Atlanta Braves in a 2-0 Arizona victory at Turner Field. As soon as the last out was made, I watched his emotions, that's what that game was meant... that's what I took from that game that day. Randy Johnson ranks behind only Nolan Ryan in career Ks. Went from Little League, to Babe Ruth to high school. You're the Hall of Famer. Never really having a place I could call home like Craig, to play my entire career there. Zach, I love you. I played there and the ball and started in motion there. It took me 4 years in the minor leagues to finally get a call up in 1988, as a September call up. And I’m happy to share this moment with my son who is old enough to enjoy these moments as he got to enjoy some of my accomplishments in baseball,” Johnson said. No other pitcher had more than three such seasons.

There's a lot of people on this journey that I've had, for 22 years in the major leagues. I'm not as selfish as I used to be. --Nolan Ryan in 1992, "It sounds crazy, but [Randy] has become a control pitcher. #PitchersWhoRake pic.twitter.com/RymziPABkF, "When he had his game face on, there was nobody like him. And when Randy Johnson popped up the dugout steps, his arm around his son, Tanner, the smile on his face let you know this was not just another night in Unit-hood. Thank you, I'm so honored and privileged to be here. I've never been content with anything I've ever done." With his leadership and his guidance, we came down in '95 to a one game playoff.

I'm one of six children, she raised six children, still had a full-time job and came home and fed us and took care of all of us. I emulated Vita Blue. I played for the legendary baseball coach Rob Dedeaux at USC. "So I got caught up with emotions. Going back home to Arizona, meeting Jerry Colangelo. Recovering from back surgery, I thank Derek Hall and Ken Kendrick for having me come back to Arizona.

Tribute pages: Craig Biggio | Randy Johnson | Pedro Martinez | John Smoltz, • BORN: Sept. 10, 1963, in Walnut Creek, Calif. “I’ll be vulnerable. Steve Gilbert is a reporter for MLB.com. Randy Johnson retired after the 2009 season with a career win-loss record of 303-166, ERA of 3.29 and 4,875 strikeouts, second only to Nolan Ryan's 5,714. “I know about the history of the game but I don’t know it like this shrine. 13-14 years later, I was perfect Dad, that one game. Privacy Statement/Your California Privacy Rights. I would just let him talk and tell his stories,” Johnson remembered.

"It would enviably be the two best months of my career," said Johnson, who went 10-1 with a 1.28 ERA in 11 games. Very magical moment for Seattle, and very proud to have played there for 10 years. Now that my baseball career is over, I have the opportunity to spur our USO and our troops all around the world. I can remember when I was seven years old going to my first little league practice. It means a lot to me to see our men and women doing what they do for all of us. A 10-time All-Star, Johnson led his league in strikeouts nine times, with a career total of 4,875 second all-time only to Nolan Ryan. I love you Mom. -- Former teammate Mark Grace, "The difference between championship teams and good teams every year seems to be two guys who pitch lights out in the postseason.

I got to know a lot of ball players, played with some of the greatest in my era. (Milo Stewart, Jr. / National Baseball Hall of Fame), “I feel like I know him somehow,” said Johnson in a front of an exhibit case featuring artifacts from Cy Young’s career. Inducted: 2012Pitcher 1989-1998National Baseball Hall of Fame Class of 2015, POSITION: PitcherBATS: RightTHROWS: LeftHEIGHT: 6'10"WEIGHT: 225BORN: September 10, 1963 in Walnut Creek, CADEBUT: September 15, 1988FINAL GAME: October 4, 2009. Randy Johnson and his son Tanner take a look at artifacts from his career in the Hall of Fame’s collection. In six years of retirement I've been on seven USO tours. I haven't met you before, but hang in there. And the Houston Astrodome wasn't bad to pitch in either, was it, Nolan? "We wouldn't be here without the sacrifice of the men and women that protect our country," Johnson said. • Produced 239 wins after turning 30 years old, the fifth-most in MLB history. Then there's my siblings.

I played with Ken Griffey Jr., Edgar Martinez, Omar Vizquel, Dan Wilson and so many more. The full transcribed text of Randy Johnson’s National Baseball Hall of Fame induction speech, as delivered on July 26th, 2015. I just enjoyed playing the game when I was seven years old and worked extremely hard and things kind of clicked as I got a little bit older. I was reached by two different people to give him a call.

A few of my teammates are here, thanks for being here, Albie, Phil, Randy, you've traveled a long ways, thank you. • CAREER WAR: 104.3 pic.twitter.com/2b6lUQApTg, #TBT: When Randy Johnson was the most feared pitcher in baseball. Getting me through my career, and these knee surgeries back surgeries and a torn rotator cuff. Just to see one of the first catcher’s mask ever, the evolution of the baseball, the evolution of the bat…all that is very intriguing.”, Hall of Famer Randy Johnson and Museum vice president of exhibitions and collections Erik Strohl stop for a look at the One for the Books exhibit during Johnson’s Orientation Tour on Saturday. (Voted by BBWAA on 534/549 ballots) View Randy Johnson's Page at the Baseball Hall of Fame (plaque, photos, videos). And when it was time for lunch and attend to some Hall of Fame business, Johnson left the reporters with his thoughts on his day spent at the National Pastime’s mecca and on his upcoming induction, now only about four months away. Neither pitcher got a decision, though, as the game went 13 innings. Secondly I would like to thank the Hall of Fame executives and staff. Him pitching in the era of travelling by train and small rotations and not modern medicine like anti-inflammatories. I chose to go to college and further my education. Ken Griffey Jr. will for surely be here next year.