Baby Clothes, Baby Books, Baby Gifts In this sense the name is also used as a nickname or pet name for a girl who shares her first name with a Queen. Queenie is a somewhat popular first name for females (#2136 out of 4276, Top 50%) but a unique surname for both adults and children. There is nothing surprising in this: both names have the same origin or the same numbers of numerology. Queen, Que, Eenie. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to use it as a name in its own right, though. 'Could I have some money to buy a birthday present for somebody?' Started as nickname for girls named Regina -- queen in Latin -- now mostly a canine choice. We're excited that you have an opinion about the name Queenie. Queenie name meaning, American baby Girl name Queenie meaning,etymology, history, presonality details. En savoir plus sur notre politique de confidentialité. United states of america Actor Stage actor Television actor Film actor, All information about the baby names on this website come from various official data and open data(more information about our sources)   -  0.14 sec. ®. On the last available year for each country, we count 35 births. To test the compatibility of this name with another, enter a name and click Calculate. As a nickname for a Victoria or an Elizabeth I think this would work. Between 1880 and 2019 there were 2,708 births of Queenie in the countries below, which represents an average of 19 births of children bearing the first name Queenie per year on average throughout this period. The first name Queenie has been assigned to: The country where the first name Queenie is the most common is: This first name has 7 letters including 5 vowels and 2 consonants, The full list of actors and actresses with the first name Queenie, No ranking of first name QUEENIE (male) births over the last year available in each country, (colloquial) An effeminate man; a male homosexual (especially as a term of address). Usage: Queenie is a popular first name. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Queenie, try our name generator. No. In the Victorian era it was sometimes used as an allusive pet form for Victoria. Donnez une note sur 5 à votre prénom en cliquant les étoiles ci-dessous : J'aime troooooooooop mon nom car une des héroïne des Animaux Fantastique s'appelle comme ça... J ai porté le nom queenie à mon enfant ce qui fai deux mois déjà je veux l explications simple du nom. Absolutely an adorable name for a little fashionista! The name Queenie is an affectionate, or pet use, of the term queen - and is thought to be derived from the Old English word 'cwen', meaning 'woman' rather than a reference to the monarch or his wife. One old lady name that definitely won't come back into style??? namecandy - Celebrity baby names, ask the Name Lady, & more. Popularity of Queenie - How popular is the name Queenie? Would you like to follow Queenie? Nickname for Regina, which means "queen", or for Queen. My name is Queenie. It is also a popular gypsy name and was once very popular in London's East End. Please feel free to read what others say about this name and to share your comments if you have more information. Absolutely an adorable name for a little fashionista! In my opinion, this is a very cute name, especially at the beginning with "queen"! These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Queenie. It means that this name is commonly used. N.B. Thank you! Illinois and 1 other state had the highest population of Queenie families in 1880. It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration! My original name is Madison, but she likes calling me Queenie. It doesn't sound canine to me at all, it seems more bovine to me; it would suit a cow better than a dog. The name Queenie has seven characters. Yuck, I can't handle this name. People having the name Queenie are in general originating from United Kingdom, United States of America. © 2020 Nameberry.com. It means that it is relatively medium-length, compared to the other names in our database. The content is copyrighted to The Meaning Of The Name and may not be reproduced on other websites without written permission. Goldstein is an occupational German name and an Ashkenazi Jewish surname, meaning "gold" with Stein being translated to "stone". [from 20th c.], 1940, Enid Blyton, The Naughtiest Girl In The School. Sometimes it happens that another name has the same meaning. People who like the name Queenie also like: Isabella, Olivia, Sadie, Ruby, Zara, Sabrina, Violet As such, it was popular name during Victorian times in the British Empire. View Queenie popularity trends, how the popularity of Queenie has changed over time. <3. she asked. In this sense the name is also used as a nickname or pet name for a girl who shares her first name with a Queen. To rate names on Nameberry, please register for an account or log in to an existing account. It is more often used as a girl (female) name. Is it bad that I actually kind of like this? As a Jewish name it represents an Anglicized form of Malkah. I am SO waiting for this name to make comeback because of Fantastic Beasts. Version Française disponible ici Prénom Queenie Variation : Queen In my opinion, this is a very cute name, especially at the beginning with "queen"! As a first name it can also mean "Royal Lady" or "Ruler". The name Queenie is an affectionate, or pet use, of the term queen - and is thought to be derived from the Old English word 'cwen', meaning 'woman' rather than a reference to the monarch or his wife.. As a first name it can also mean "Royal Lady" or "Ruler". Discover our cool and original products with a first name (or even your nickname! I too have a soft spot for this name: I had a chicken named this when I was little, and I still harbour an affection for the name. Nameberry is a registered trademark of Nameberry, LLC. Origine, signification, caractère des Queenie, popularité... Découvrez toutes les infos sur le #prenom Queenie If you consider the information on this page is incomplete or incorrect, please post a comment below. Vous bénéficiez d'un droit d'accès et de rectification de vos données personnelles, ainsi que celui d'en demander l'effacement dans les limites prévues par la loi.