Throughout the years, the comedian has been open about how the death of his father affected his mental health. https://www.distractify.com/p/how-did-pete-davidson-dad-die

Pete Davidson has paid tribute to his dad in a world that now has a greater appreciation for first responders. The actor opened up in an interview with Charlamagne tha God revealing that he hopes to have kids and be a father figure to his children.

Pete Davidson is making the transition from Saturday Night Live star to feature film actor. He continued, "I learned what death was. He started his career in 1994‚ and was sent to the World Trade Center after the second hijacked plane struck the twin towers on September 11, 2001 - when Davidson was just seven years old. These issues have followed the Saturday Night Live star into adulthood, where he's had some public struggles with mental health and spoken about being diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. "The King of Staten Island" premieres Friday, June 12, and features Bill Burr, Marisa Tomei, Steve Buschemi, Machine Gun Kelly, and more. 5-year-old helps crack SF Zoo theft case, Pandemic a ‘boon’ for legal cannabis in Canada, With $1 salary, Joe Moglia may be the biggest bargain in college football, Ridley Scott Eyes Napoleon Movie 'Kitbag' With Joaquin Phoenix Attached to Star, UPS Driver Has The Sweetest Relationship With All The Pups On HIs Route, How to Vote Safely in Person During the COVID-19 Pandemic, According to Doctors, A Jelly Roll Pan Is Good for So Much More Than Jelly Roll Cakes, Fire Department Destroys 2020 Ford Shelby GT500 For Training Purposes, How a Toronto plumber is making Halloween safer — by installing 'Candy Chutes', Donald Trump flails and shows no ability to reset as some Republicans voice their concerns, Amid tensions with China, India warns Amazon, Flipkart over country of origin rule, Report: Knicks among teams interested in VanVleet, Mindy Kaling's 'Sex Lives of College Girls' Sets Main Cast at HBO Max, Microsoft may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through recommended links in this article.

"It's fine. Joe Movie We Want, Dune Could Make $1 Billion At Worldwide Box Office Say Analysts, Adam Brody Tries To Solve A Mystery In The Kid Detective Trailer, Why Aliens Took Seven Years To Happen After Alien, David Thewlis Is In 3 Avatar Sequels (But Not Avatar 2), Nine Days Trailer: Winston Duke Offers Souls A Chance To Be Born, What Happened To Chris Tucker After The Rush Hour Movies, The Batman Photos Hint Why Farrell's Cobblepot Is Really Called Penguin, Steven Universe: The Movie's Ending Explained, Marvel Wasted The Opportunity To Tell The Avengers Coulson Is Alive, Spider-Man Art Argues TASM’s Black Cat Should Come Over To The MCU, Who Is Yelena Belova? Photo: YouTube/Jimmy Kimmel Live! Robert Kamau/GC Images; Robert Kamau/GC Images. He told The New York Timesthat it was "overwhelming" and that he later acted out in school as a result of the trauma; at one point, he rippe… RELATED: Pete Davidson Gets Candid About Past Struggle With Suicidal Thoughts, "Answer The Call is the fund that helped my family when my dad passed," he told host Jimmy Kimmel. Like us on Facebook to see similar stories, Liberals are being disingenuous in their push to end WE probes | Opinion, Azerbaijan: Armenian missile killed 13, wounded over 50, City of Calgary reports $122M in property taxes remain outstanding, How to watch Dodgers vs. Braves: NLCS Game 6 live stream, schedule, TV channel, start time, Collins comments after guessing her ‘Emily In Paris’ character’s age, Duchess Meghan and Prince Harry's gorgeous new portrait includes a subtle tribute to Princess Diana, Everything You Need to Know About Intermittent Fasting, You're Invited to Food52's Holiday Swap—2020-Style, 2021 Cadillac CT5 Sport To Be Offered With V Performance Package, COMMENTARY: Now is the autumn of our discontent, Lebanon's protest flame still flickers on anniversary of 'revolution', Movie theaters outside New York City to reopen at 25% capacity, Cuomo says, Patriots back at work, day after 5th player tested positive, HGTV's 'Brother vs Brother' Season 7: And the Winner Is…, These 3 Facial Expressions Signal That Someone Is Flirting With You, According to Science, Ottolenghi's New Book Will Change the Way You Look at Onions, Buy Pirelli's New All-Terrain SUV Tire Before Winter Arrives, Thousands connect from international to domestic flights before quarantine, New Zealand's Ardern wins 2nd term in election landslide, Opinion: The Trudeau government's borrowing risks trust in our currency, 'The Masked Singer' Season 4 Reveals Another Celebrity Contestant: And the Baby Alien Is … (Video), Group Halloween Costumes Your Dog Can Join In On, Luke Zocchi, Chris Hemsworth's Trainer, Shares His Simple Dumbbell Workout, I Couldn’t Change Kitchen Culture as a Line Cook, So I Opened a Restaurant of My Own, This Is The Hyundai Porest, And It's A Cool Compact RV You Can't Buy, Samuel L. Jackson's Enslaved and the lost history of Canadian slavery, New virus restrictions in Europe; Merkel warns of hard days, Saturday's letters: Winter patio rules embarrassing, Cowboys' McCarthy: 'Arrows point up' for Vander Esch to return on MNF, Lily James Speaks Of ‘Making Mistakes’ In Poorly Timed Interview, Family Comes Home To Find Their Dog Got Stuck In A Pumpkin, A Champion Rock Climber Tried Bruce Lee's Grueling Training Program, How to Cook Spaghetti Squash in the Microwave and/or Oven, See The Yet-To-Be-Confirmed Toyota GRMN Yaris In Action At The Nurburgring, Black and Indigenous entrepreneurs struggle for traction in Canada's cannabis industry, 'There's a lemur!' Sadly, the 26-year-old lost his father Scott in 2001 when he was just 7 years old. You'll get the latest updates on this topic in your browser notifications. But for the 15-year mark, he shared two photos with his dad. His father was a New York City firefighter who died in service during the September 11 attacks; he was last seen running up the stairs of the Marriott World Trade Center, just before it collapsed. And you’re not really supposed to learn about that until high school, when one of your friends falls asleep in the garage, or whatever…to learn how anything can just be taken away from you early gave me this sense of ‘F–k it.

'I Know What You Did Last Summer' Is Still a Classic — Where's the Cast Today? RELATED: Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson Trek Out for Another Late-Night Pizza Date in Brooklyn, RELATED: Pete Davidson Claps Back at Troll Criticizing Ariana Grande’s Tribute to His Late Father, And later that month, the “Sweetener” singer was seen wearing a gold necklace with a pendant of his late father’s FDNY badge. where the "Saturday Night Live" star connected via video chat from his mother's basement. A one-stop shop for all things video games. "I’d be a construction worker in Staten Island or a basketball coach."

Third Alien Prequel Would Have Answered Mystery Of Original Xenomorph Eggs, The King of Staten Island: What Happened To Pete Davidson's Father In Real Life, King Of Staten Island True Story: How Much Is Accurate To Pete Davidson's Life, The King of Staten Island Proves Pete Davidson Needs SNL, Star Wars: Everything You Need To Read To Fully Understand Rise of Skywalker, Justice League & Martian Manhunter Get A DC Comics Makeover In Snyder Cut Art, Snake Eyes Fan Film Is The G.I. https://screenrant.com/king-staten-island-pete-davidson-dad-fire-what-happened In 2015, the actor shared a series of tweets remembering his father — a mix of jokes, well wishes for today’s firefighters and thank you’s to people who showed their support, including Mae Whitman and costars Aidy Bryant and Vanessa Bayer. Related: King Of Staten Island True Story: How Much Is Accurate To Pete Davidson's Life. Davidson, 26, honoured his dad Scott Davidson, a first responder who died in the line of duty during the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. As night fell on Veterans Day, his name shone along with all the other backlit names ringing the memorial pool that marks the footprint of the World Trade Center’s fallen South Tower. The ‘Saturday Night Live’ star may have lost his dad, Scott Davidson, on 9/11, when he was 7, but he ‘grew up to have so many of his father’s qualities,’ says a fellow firefighter. He wrote, “I really appreciate it. All the latest gaming news, game reviews and trailers.