Of adding pages,lots of characters tht became confusing at times, Reviewed in the United States on September 26, 2013. He'll soon lose his church. I kept getting confused as to whom was telling the story - was it Evon or was it George? I am a great fan of Scott Turow and usually find that I cannot put his books down. The plot is finely crafted - Scott Turow is so good at that - and the story is complicated but unflinching as it proceeds to its outcome. The Last Trial by Scott Turow Hardcover $16.46. This is not the best book that Mr. Turow has written, but this is nonetheless a good book that will hold your interest until the end. Not only did I find the conclusion moving but the novel and the challenges of its characters left me with questions about my own life to think about. Of adding pages,lots of characters tht became confusing at times, Reviewed in the United States on September 26, 2013. We work hard to protect your security and privacy. I loved this book. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 4, 2020. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Now Robbie Feaver is making the play of his life. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. A lawyer with a secret must prove it was justified. Please try again. I really wanted to know what happened in the end to Robbie, his wealthy but dishonest colleagues, his friends, family and the people controlling him. I really cared about the characters in this book. Bring your club to Amazon Book Clubs, start a new book club and invite your friends to join, or find a club that’s right for you for free. As always, Mr. Turow provides an interesting and varied cast of characters with enough detail about needs and wants, strengths and weaknesses, physical appearances and mannerisms that the reader can relate to these characters within the reader's family, friends, associates, or acquaintances. Overall, I'm glad I didn't pay full price. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. Scott Turow does not write John Grisham novels. He writes legal thrillers that would challenge the best literary fiction from the US and the UK. Grand Central Publishing; Reprint Edition (April 5, 2011), Reviewed in the United States on September 18, 2020. If the story is to be believed the American taxpayers exist to provide funds for entrapping crooks. Look for the richness of the plot, the texture of the characters, the craftsmanship of the way Turow puts his words on paper. Get this gripping legal thriller today! Turow is, to me, an excellent character writer. If the story is to be believed the American taxpayers exist to provide funds for entrapping crooks. Please try your request again later. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime. We don’t share your credit card details with third-party sellers, and we don’t sell your information to others. A serial killer leaves re-enactments of a ritualistic fantasy across Detective Mahoney’s beloved city. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 8, 2019. I'm a big Scott Turow fan but I did not enjoy this book. I stuck with it and I have to say it picked up towards the end. I have read all his books available on Audible and several in hard copy, never with less than overall appreciation for his ability to draw the reader into his narrative and his skill as a writer. I made myself finish reading it because that's how I am but I was sorely disappointed in the end. Reviewed in the United States on June 30, 2020. But after a short while I was really sucked in to this story about a very dishonest and deluded man who could not stop pretending. Published by Thriftbooks.com User , 18 years ago. His whole life has been so full of lies, he has convinced even himself that they are true. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. "Personal Injuries" is actually the first Scott Turow novel I've read and I'm thoroughly impressed. Yes, you learn a lot about the workings of the judicial system but most of all you truly wind up caring about the people and the moral choices made by them. With better editing, I'd have given this six stars! Even as the besieged attorney looks after his ailing wife, Feaver must also make tapes that will hurl his friends, his enemies, his city, and a particular FBI undercover agent into a crisis of conscience and law. However, if you are tired of the typical best-seller pap that is probably costing you a quarter of a hundred dollars for a hard-bound novel, make a good investment and buy this book. Seems like he dialed it in...lots of filler, too many characters and I finally gave up when I had read 75%. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 29, 2020, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 16, 2009. Personal Injuries is magnificent - filled with complex, multi-faceted characters who are never entirely good or evil but, like most of us, somewhere in-between. This book has all the hallmarks of a classic in almost any genre. If, according to some readers, this latest book is an indication of his "downhill spiral," then gangway, everyone-I'm headin' out to buy everything he's written! Characterisation best ever. No, it's not a book filled with twists and turns, nor is it a legal "thriller" chock full of courtroom drama. In Scott Turow's latest book, Personal Injuries, the best-selling legal thriller writer takes what he knows his personal experience as a prosecutor in a major judicial corruption probe and turns it into a fast-paced and intricate story that is as much about what goes on in people's heads as what goes on in courtrooms. It sounds like a lofty theme for a "lawyer's story" as Turow's narrator calls it, but Turow strikes the heart of it beautifully. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Limitations by Scott Turow Paperback $14.86. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 29, 2020, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on October 16, 2009. Please try again. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Even as the besieged attorney looks after his ailing wife, Feaver must also make tapes that will hurl his friends, his enemies, his city, and a particular FBI undercover agent into a crisis of conscience and law. To Robbie Feaver the law is all about making a play-to a client, a jury, or a judge. Reviewed in the United States on June 10, 2016, I am a Scott Turow fan and I couldn't even finish this book. The descriptions of his activities and those around him were fascinating and I had a hard time putting the book down to go to sleep at night. This shopping feature will continue to load items when the Enter key is pressed. This is a wonderful story with truly interesting characters. I did feel disappointed. If you love Grisham, Connelly & Pratt & twists & surprises throughout, read the novel that started the series. Robbie Feaver is a well-known personal injury lawyer who almost always wins his cases. What some readers might call slow moving, is in the service of full character and relationship development. At the beginning, I found it a bit slow going and the writing a little dense. This book has all the hallmarks of a classic in almost any genre. Please try again. Please try your request again later. This is a novel to be savored word-by-word, like a good Chardonnay.Turow's characters are, despite their human frailties, real honest-to-gosh human beings. If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you grow your business. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. A woman gradually poisons her husband so that she doesn't have to break his heart. Despite Robbie's weaknesses, however, we get a chance, thanks to Mr. Turow, to step inside Feaver's body and see the soul of the man. Please try again. How !lucky to have this real page turner to get me through lockdown. As always, Mr. Turow provides an interesting and varied cast of characters with enough detail about needs and wants, strengths and weaknesses, physical appearances and mannerisms that the reader can relate to these characters within the reader's family, friends, associates, or acquaintances. Personal Injuries, by Scott turow, a-minus, Narrated by Mark Bramhall, Produced by Hachette Audio, downloaded from audible.com. Buy a cheap copy of Personal Injuries book by Scott Turow. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on April 4, 2020. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on July 8, 2019. At the finish, the reader is left pondering the imponderable hierarchy of values of the law. Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Published by Thriftbooks.com User , 20 years ago. Click now to read this story and other deliciously twisted tales. It's a y diet aid because I couldn't be bothered to fix anything to eat! To those who found it boring, I give this bit of advice: read it again-this time as an intelligent piece of literature rather than a mindless bedtime story. Scott Turow has always pushed himself beyond the expectations of readers and critics. If this was your first Turow, don't use it as a judge of his writing - I've read at least five other of his books and thoroughly enjoyed them. “Masterful ...''Personal Injuries'' is the best work of his career.” —Entertainment Weekly “In Robbie Feaver ... [Turow] has created his richest and most compelling figure yet.” —Publishers Weekly (Starred Review) “A personal favorite, Turow has never disappointed me.” —Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Reviewed in the United States on June 10, 2020, Twisted story line, lots of turns and surprises along the way. Writing was good, but not great. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Seems like he dialed it in...lots of filler, too many characters and I finally gave up when I had read 75%. There's a problem loading this menu right now. In order to navigate out of this carousel please use your heading shortcut key to navigate to the next or previous heading. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I didn't feel any particular loyalty or connection to any of the characters, especially the narrator, who I didn't feel was fully developed. But when the flashy, womanizing, multimillion-dollar personal injury lawyer is caught offering bribes, he's forced to wear a wire. Reviewed in the United States on June 12, 2018. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. From reading some of the other customer reviews, I've gathered that it doesn't follow the same format as the other books that made Turow famous. Now Robbie Feaver is making... Read Full Overview, Published by Thriftbooks.com User , 1 year ago. Now Robbie Feaver is making the play of his life. The plot is finely crafted - Scott Turow is so good at that - and the story is complicated but unflinching as it proceeds to its outcome. Unable to add item to List. Lethal Defense (Nate Shepherd Legal Thriller Series Book 1). Even though the many schemes are unbelievable, it is not a bad read. But when the flashy, womanizing, multimillion-dollar personal injury lawyer is caught offering bribes, he's forced to wear a wire.