Watch Inside Out Online Genres: Drama, Comedy, … Clarity Quotes Thought for the Day: September 4, 2020 Vulnerability. Be of service to humanity. Most important thing first. Robin Sharma, We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. Those are great days! It is where the opportunities — for success, for happiness, for really living — are waiting. Don’t bother to brush it off. Find another way. Briggs realy stands out stil wearing the cowboy hat which he either bought or won. "On the waltzer the kids, including mr briggs and carol together in a car." Chinese proverb Click to tweet, One may go a long way after one is tired. Beck on the coach everyone exsaucedid but happy. Our Day Out is set in inner city Liverpool in the mid 1970s. Zig Ziglar, If you fell down yesterday, stand up today. Getting two excellent posts in the same week is quite interesting. Mike Adenuga, People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. Robert Greene, Be happy. Colette (See also: happy quotes), The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials. Caroline Webb, If you tell yourself you feel fine, you will. Robert H. Schuller, You can’t live a positive life thinking negative thoughts. Washington Irving, I have decided to be happy, because it’s good for my health. Books, blogs, quotes and nature became his guide. Jon Kabat-Zinn, A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug. The coach arrives at the castle and Briggs is back to his happy mood. The kids in the schools remedial class are all portrayed as economically unstable, poor and deprived children with different stories which reinforce the key ideas of the play. Jacob (Lost), When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. Anthony J. D’Angelo, Live as if your prayers are to be answered. Les Brown, Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all. Mr Briggs also feels the same way towards the progress class kids; he doesn't. Hes calmed down and he is determained to keep them in control this time so he takes a group of children around with him and teaches them to keep them behaved and occupied. “We’re as likely to hurt the universe as we are to help it, and we’re not likely to do either.” – The Fault in Our Stars Bruce Lee (See also: patience quotes), It only ends once. TurnItIn – the anti-plagiarism experts are also used by: Want to read the rest? Mike Dolan, How high you fly is derived from how big you think. Funny, Hilarious, Laughter. And that is why I succeed. Anand Mahindra, When you are inspired in your work, everything seems to fall into place. Joel Osteen, Positive people have made up their mind to enjoy life. Og Mandino Click to tweet, Focus on your potential instead of your limitations. Benjamin Franklin, Inside of a ring or out, ain’t nothing wrong with going down. One that would have the fruit must climb the tree. I’ll give pixtelle a shot. As I've progressed I've tried to model myself on him. Our day out was another one of those plays I first read when I was half my age as a teenager as part of school work. Will you? Hi Maxime, Wow, what a collection. Unknown, Life becomes easier and more beautiful when we can see the good in other people. Try a little harder to be a little better. this shows that Mr. Briggs is out of touch with the progress class and does not realise the amount of education that the children lack. The fictional school is located in a neighbour with a high crime rate, drug use, prostitution, high unemployment, poverty and domestic abuse. This resource is designed for UK teachers. Robert T. Kiyosaki, Life is not accumulation, it’s about contribution. There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way. Dr. Seuss, Count your blessings, not your problems. Maintaining our standard; that's our challenge day-in and day-out. 43.) Peace Pilgrim, To expect defeat is nine-tenths of defeat itself. Walt Whitman Click to tweet, Call to action: Read Six Habits Of Positive People (fastcompany.com), Part 1 Top 15 Images Best Positive Quotes, Part 2 Positive Quotes That ARE Famous Short Inspirational Funny Deep Wise, Part 3 Positive Quotes ABOUT Life Happiness Optimism Love Law Of Attraction Struggles Work Change, Part 4 Top 10 Positive Quotes FOR Kids Teens Men Women. Eleanor Roosevelt, If you don’t like something change it. Thomas Edison, There is a sense that things, if you keep positive and optimistic about what can be done, do work out. Malcolm Forbes, Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city. Created by teachers, our study guides highlight the really important stuff you need to know. Shannon L. Alder, Think the thought until you believe it, and once you believe it, it is. It’s the best part of the day. George Burns, As you proceed through life, following your own path, birds will shit on you. The key to successful leadership today is influence, not authority. The problem with cats is that they get the exact same look on their face whether they see a moth or an axe-murderer. Marianne Williamson Click to tweet, It’s not what happens to us but our response to what happens to us that hurts us. Thanks for the tip Vlad! Thank you for sharing. Hi Maxime. On the coach everyone is singing on the way home and no suprise carol is sitting with Mrs Kay but it is a suprise that briggs is sitting at the back relaxed not to watch the children behave. Its to keep his strict image. Swami Vivekananda, Life has no limitations, except the ones you make. David Livingston Click to tweet, Positive thoughts lead to positive results. Our Day Out Mr Briggs Mr Briggs is a very complicated character to work out. One at a time. Pat Riley, Life’s challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they’re supposed to help you discover who you are. Change is not a four letter word...but often your reaction to it is! Robin Sharma, The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. Cry it out. Malala Yousafzai, I truly believe the intention of creating positive change is so important to the collective consciousness. To understand the heart and mind of a person, look not at what he has already achieved, but at what he aspires to. The children respond to her as a mum by just saying no and yes and she tried to make the children say her real name, but they forgot it so the same response to Mrs Kay is positive. They will forget him being horrible and innocently they ask him can they go back tomorrow. Arianna Huffington Click to tweet, Stay positive, all other choices are pointless punishments to your psyche. David Brinkley, I feel on top of the world, I feel incredible, I feel motivated, I feel empowered. Mel Robbins, There’s power in looking silly and not caring that you do. Voltaire, Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction. If the good is sown, the good is collected. Lewis, At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet. Gilbert K. Chesterton, Be weird. Robin Sharma, The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude. Maxime Lagacé, You reap fruit from the same kind of seed you’ve been sowing. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Briggs would normally do that. Content segment appealing. Vince Lombardi, Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day-in and day-out. His best 5k is 17 minutes 41 seconds and his best marathon (42k) is in 3 hours 33 minutes 11 seconds (with 1800 meters of elevation gain). When we first meet Briggs in the play driving along the poor Liverpool streets, the lollipop man Les refurs to him as a 'arigant git' which shows hes not respected by people, even people who dont know him as a person. Jack Canfield, You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. a fun despiser and education admirer. He says "people like you" as if they are different. Inside Out Quotes Total quotes: 15 Show Metadata Hide Metadata. Lead with an open heart. Marianne Williamson Click to tweet. I said "Why?" Have tremendous expectations and believe in them. It’s one way of being wise. The cliff scene is dramatic and effective as one of the main characters (Carol) attempts and threatens to commit suicide. Thomas Fuller, The greatest griefs are those we cause ourselves. This student written piece of work is one of many that can be found in our GCSE Our Day Out section. Mary Lou Retton, Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine. It was written by Willy Russell and first aired on 28 December 1977, at 9: 00 p.m. on BBC2. Just let your pile of good things grow”, “Little by little, day by day, what is mean for you WILL find its way”, “Don’t forget you’re human. Christian D. Larson, Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. Honoré de Balzac, The harder you work, the luckier you get. Face it. Other times we come downstairs feeling sunny already. Unknown, How hard you work matters more than how much you make. Stephen King, The best way to predict the future is to create it. Growth is optional. Theodore Roosevelt, You reach a point where you don’t work for money. Roy T. Bennett, Your energy is contagious, so think about what you want people to catch from you. Michelle Obama, The more you drive positive change, the more enhanced your business model. Mr Briggs's personality is very brutal and he is a very arrogant man. We first meet mrs Kay at the school gate surrounded by children and this hows she is popular with the children. Explore 1000 Out Quotes by authors including Warren Buffett, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Steve Jobs at BrainyQuote. Mrs. Kay knows that she will probably never live in a nice house but says,' you could always try.' Will Smith, Once you choose hope, anything’s possible. It is one of the most undervalued and misunderstood of all human qualities. I trusted you. See also: short inspirational quotes. I believe she does this to keep Carol motivated at school and to give her something to aim for in life. Richard Wagner, One person can make a difference, and everyone should try. Paulo Coelho. Positive thinking is empowering, positive action is achieving. Ruth Casey, Every great change is preceded by chaos. Whether you’re feeling a little blue, or you’re fired up ready to have the best day ever…. Joel Osteen, Be generous with your compliments and stingy with your complaints. Mother Teresa, The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost. It’s coming”. Osho, Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. The man was now filing through his wallet looking for a picture of his son. John Wooden, It’s not what happens to you, but how you react to it that matters. Quotes tagged as "day-in-day-out" Showing 1-1 of 1 “There is no shortcut for hard work that leads to effectiveness. I started when I was three and I didn't know all the sacrifices and all the hardships and how difficult day-in and day-out it would be. Have a positive mindset. Zig Ziglar, Joy is not in things; it is in us. or Bernhard Berenson Click to tweet, With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.