17 Tigers tumble to 30-21, 14-11 in the SEC West. Coach Paul Mainieri’s nationally No. In their postgame presser together, Martin and Ezell were asked about Opitz’s surprise: “Yeah, I called that,” Martin said. “Wouldn’t it be difficult to come into a new team as a quarterback and you don’t know anybody?” Pittman said. Foucha  risked losing the ball while returning the interception 20 yards  instead of immediately going to the ground  with the Vikings out of timeouts.

Instead, he threw too late to second as Cabrera, two solo home runs Thursday, completed an RBI double.

Quarterbacks Ben Hicks and Nick Starkel, who were graduate transfers last season,  were dropback passers/slow runners. In the LSU second, with two out and Brandt Broussard aboard with a single, No.

With Arkansas scoring one off reliever Matthew Beck’s wild pitch in the sixth, Campbell bequeathed a 13-2 lead to Kole Ramage in the seventh. Nate Allen in Arkansas Find Nate Allen in Fayetteville, AR and get their phone number, relatives, public records, and past addresses. FAYETTEVILLE – The LSU Tigers’ baseball dominance of Arkansas officially ended Friday night. Nate Allen Arkansas; Nate Allen Facebook; Entity Index This is the list of all entities in this result page. Contributed by Nate Allen . “You can’t do that.”. Casey Martin, his season’s 12th, Casey Opitz, his second, Dominic Fletcher his 10th, Bryant’s Trevor Ezell, his seventh, and the longest at 420, and Jack Kenley, his 10th, and a grand slam to boot, hit those homers for Thursday’s Home Run Hogs whose errorless defense also benefitted Arkansas winning starting pitcher Isaiah Campbell. Even running with two out, Watson did not get a good jump trying to score from first on Daniel Cabrera’s hit to right. He has also played for the Oakland Raiders and the Miami Dolphins. Hess came in firing 97 miles an hour heat but paid a price ultimately throwing 49 pitches in two innings tagged for five hits and three runs even while striking out four. Trest’s three runners scored on Josh Smith’s 1-out triple followed by Cronin retiring the next two and throwing just nine total pitches. But on consecutive plays Starkel threw a first down incompletion, threw an 8-yarder to tight end Grayson Gunter who could not get out of bounds with the Hogs having no timeouts, and finally  a 3-yarder to Boyd who did get the first down and out of bounds but not before time expired. “I wanted to stay in there,” Walker said. Isaiah settled in after that and started throwing the ball over the plate a little more and getting ahead of the hitters.”. Nate Allen Sports Service Sunday Oct 4, 2020 at 3:17 PM . 4 Razorbacks 38-12 overall and best in the SEC West at 18-7, still must win at least one of these next two games with LSU at 6:30 tonight and on ESPN2, 1 p.m. Saturday to win at least 2 of 3 since 2011 of their annual 3-game SEC West series with the Tiger of Baton Rouge, La. The wind played a part in some of Arkansas’ five home runs, but Daniel Cabrera launched the only two for LSU, one solo homer off Campbell, and one solo homer off reliever Kole Ramage. Expect the Pittman era continually pursuing quarterback dual threats.

A game-changing doubleplay induced by winning middle reliever Kevin Kopps replacing starter Patrick Wicklander with the bases loaded one out and Arkansas down 3-0 in the third tabled the Tigers. “Just played a pretty solid ball game all the way around for the most part,” Arkansas Coach Dave Van Horn said. “The weight rooms builds obviously strength and weight,  but the main thing that it builds is confidence. Copyright © 2020, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Inc. and Northwest Arkansas Newspapers, LLC (NWA Media). Franks’ successful August preseason asserted his impact.

“Stay mentally focused,” Joe said of his personal theme in taking to the new regime. Morris was outraged that Arkansas started its season with Hayden Henry’s personal foul penalty on the opening kickoff, the second-biggest PSU  play on the Vikings 6-play. Meanwhile, the Hogs, five home runs among 15 hits Thursday night, unleashed a 12-hit attack. Through what he and teammates Desi Sills, Mason Jones, Jalen Harris call the “Breakfast Club” for their voluntarily crack of dawn shoot arounds at the Eddie Sutton Men’s Basketball Practice Court, Joe aims to keep his shots on target. Mainieri summoned reliever Trent Vietmeier to finish the seventh without further damage but down 5-3. Campbell struggled early yielding Justin Smith’s game-opening single followed by Antoine DuPlantis’ 1-out RBI double for a 1-0 LSU lead. “But he was being told to throw the ball to second base because our middle infielders felt like Watson, who is one of the fastest players in the league was running on the pitch and would score. Pittman, who was the offensive line coach at Georgia last season, brought with him strength coach Jamil Walker and  assistant strength coach Ed Ellis. “The expectation of your team has to start with the head coach, but it has to trickle down and one of those positions has to be your quarterback.”. “I think he has a better shot than me when I was his age.

Two pitches we’ve got two runs and a 3-2 lead.”. Nate Allen View Comments FAYETTEVILLE - Starting the final preseason week of practice before the Sept. 26 opener against Georgia, the biggest difference new Arkansas … Your California Privacy Rights / Privacy Policy. For the game’s final series, Sam Loy had pooch-punted the Vikings back to their three with 1:04 left and no timeouts before Foucha filched PSU’s last chance. “Every time I’ve heard people talk about going through big changes they said they would lose focus mentally. It stayed 5-3 with Kostyshock retiring Cabrera on a fly to left and striking out pinch-hitter Cade Beloso. Ole Miss awaits Arkansas in next Saturday’s SEC opener in Oxford, Miss. FAYETTEVILLE — The two quarterbacks that this Sam Pittman Arkansas Razorbacks staff signed plus the inherited quarterback operating as top backup come armed to pressure a defense with their legs. You see yourself getting bigger.

Starkel completed Arkansas’ longest pass, a 38-yarder to freshman receiver Trey Knox as did freshman receiver Treylon Burks, 3 catches for 52 yards, squandered Curls’ 29-yard interception return to the PSU 14 by committing Arkansas’ lone turnover, throwing a pick to PSU linebacker Robert Holt. “He did call it,” Ezell confirmed, laughing. Younger brother Jacob Joe stars for Fort Smith Northside. Franks seems a classic  big-arm passer at 6-foot-6, 228 pounds and throwing for 2,547 yards and 24 touchdowns in 2018 for the Gators. “That was huge to have a guy come out of the bullpen like that and slam the door,” Kjerstad said.
However for the most Morris said, “I was very disappointed offensively. © Copyright 2020, All Rights Reserved SWARK Today, LLC, Day to Day with Diabetes Offers Virtual Support Heading into Holidays, Governor Hutchinson Provides Today’s COVID-19 Update, Spring Hill 2020 Homecoming Ceremony LIVE, HHS Junior Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps Promotions, Coffee with the Candidates – Hempstead County 2018, Arkansas Cross Country to Run at UAB Blazers Invitational, Razorback’s Draper Undergoes Shoulder Surgery. © 2020 www.baxterbulletin.com. Nate Allen is a columnist for the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. “I thought we were a small team,” Pittman said. Franks’ big arm on his big, 6-6, 228 frame renders him mostly passer portrayed, but he’s proven he can be the willing runner that Pittman wants when needed. We did a lot of shooting fun in that little Breakfast Club. That was a long range if he ever became a head coach goal through 26 years and 10 schools while Pittman coached offensive lines. He was doubled home by No. “It gets you the ball back and get you a foul on another player. “He came in and fired some bullets and got some guys out.”. Defensive backs Kamren Curl, Jarques McClellion and Foucha all posted interceptions. Opitz again singled leading off the fifth. Feleipe Franks, the 2020 quick fix starter and former Florida Gators starter signed as a graduate transfer, and especially redshirt freshman KJ Jefferson, inherited from the Chad Morris, and freshman signee Malik Hornsby all run on dual threat histories. The barrage created an easy night for Campbell, 9-1. Join the discussion or start a new one on the Forums. Contributed by Nate Allen Razorback sophomore shortstop Casey Martin (#15) from Lonoke, AR makes a difficult play look easy with a put out against LSU Friday night at Baum Walker Stadium in Fayetteville, AR. The Tigers batted in the ninth down 11-3 after Arkansas’ 6-run eighth. Selected comments from the message boards at WholeHogSports.com. Nate Allen on Arkansas Razorback’s Isaiah Joe FAYETTEVILLE – Arkansas’ basketball coaching staff has changed entirely yet Isaiah Joe’s Razorbacks role remains as implacably steady as … Nate Allen in Arkansas 51 people named Nate Allen found in Little Rock-North Little Rock, Fayetteville-Springdale-Rogers and 6 other cities.

A bigger team has to be a better one, Pittman surmised. 9 hitter Christian Franklin before LSU starter Eric Walker stranded Franklin consecutively retiring the top of Arkansas’ order. “Jamil and his staff have done an outstanding job with those guys,” Pittman said. “You’re trying to lead but you can’t lead because you can’t tell somebody, ‘Hey, Billy, you’re doing something wrong” because you don’t know the guy’s name.”. We probably get 300 or 400 shots.”. Joe does both equally fearlessly.“Taking charges is part of the game,” Joe said. The most physical league in America. “Martin tied it up with a home run there in the first. “He (Kostyshock) saved me,” Kopps said. Ezell led off with a walk and advanced on a stolen base and Martin’s infield single.

Bob Douglas: Okay, I'm just going to let you tell your own story about you and the Gazette and I'll ask some questions from time to time.

Given the demands that trendy spread offenses put on secondaries, compelling five, even six defensive backs simultaneously employed, no position group requires more depth. “I was disappointed that at the end of the first half we had a chance  to kick a field goal,” Morris said.”I was signaling (before the pass to Boyd)  to kill the  clock and we had a miscommunication and that’s on me.”. “He came in and the bases were loaded, basically a tough spot for anyone to come into. Morris praised the running of Boyd and running back Devwah Whaley, scoring Arkansas’ touchdowns, Whaley from the one in the second quarter capping a 10-play 64-yard drive, and Boyd from the two capping a 12-play 67 yard drive in the third quarter. “There’s no such thing as a bad win.”. You’re getting stronger.

The Tigers scored two off reliever Ramage including Cabrera’s second solo home run of the night. Of the players he inherited from Anderson and added through recruiting, Musselman said none have adjusted like Joe has adjusted.
Hilliard, Threadgill (4), Beck (5), Moffitt (8) and Garza; Mathis (5) Campbell, Ramage (7) Burton (9) and Opitz, Plunkett (9). © Copyright 2020, All Rights Reserved SWARK Today, LLC, Day to Day with Diabetes Offers Virtual Support Heading into Holidays, Governor Hutchinson Provides Today’s COVID-19 Update, Spring Hill 2020 Homecoming Ceremony LIVE, HHS Junior Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps Promotions, Coffee with the Candidates – Hempstead County 2018, Arkansas Cross Country to Run at UAB Blazers Invitational.

Offensively the Hogs outgained, PSU, 395-230 in total offense including  running back Rakeem Boyd’s 114 of their 204 net rushing yards and utilizing the speed of receiver De’Vion Warren, 3 for 37 on reverses. “I saw the percentages and it definitely brought it to my attention.”.