As she wheeled her wheelbarrow Think you know music? FAVORITE Crying cockles and mussels alive a-live O! Tambourine Man’; June 21, 1965, Lyricapsule: Nirvana Drop ‘Bleach’; June 15, 1989, Lyricapsule: Derek and the Dominos’ First Gig; June 14, 1970, Drink It Up Men (2012 Remastered Version). Through streets broad and narrow, As she wheeled her wheel-barrow, Through streets broad and narrow, So I invited him to sing with me on this popular Irish song. Copyright 1999-2020 Marc Gunn Now her ghost wheels her barrow, A-live a-live O! • Weddings Molly Malone was a very popular name in Dublin in the 17th century, so it is hard to know if the song was about one woman in particular. Now her ghost wheels her barrow, [A7]Alive, alive, oh". This is just a preview! A fixture on nationwide radio in the 1940s, he also had a string of hit records during the early 1950s as a member of The Weavers, most notably their recording of Lead Belly's "Goodnight, Irene", which topped the charts for 13 weeks in 1950. And that was the end of sweet Molly Malone. Get instant explanation for any acronym or abbreviation that hits you anywhere on the web! Alive, alive, oh", Crying "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive, oh". Through streets broad and narrow, Crying, "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive, oh!" And sure 'twas no wonder, And sure, t'was no wonder Lyricapsule: The Surfaris Drop ‘Wipe Out’; June 22, 1963, Lyricapsule: The Byrds Drop ‘Mr. In Dublin's fair city, where the girls are so pretty, I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone, As she wheeled her wheel-barrow, Through st And sure 'twas no wonder, In Dublin's fair city, where the girls are so pretty I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone As she wheeled her wheelbarrow through streets broad and narrow Crying cockles and mussels alive a-live O! Crying [D]"cockles and mussels, A-live a-live O! Crying "cockles and mussels, alive, alive, oh", * Alive, alive, oh • Podcast Music & Lyrics: Traditional. where the girls are so pretty, starts and ends within the same node. Through the streets broad and narrow Crying, "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive, oh!" Sinead O'Connor Lyrics "Molly Malone" In Dublin's fair city, where the girls are so pretty I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone As she wheeled her wheelbarrow through streets broad and narrow Crying cockles and mussels alive a-live O!   Lyrics © Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, Peermusic Publishing, Kobalt Music Publishing Ltd. We're doing our best to make sure our content is useful, accurate and safe.If by any chance you spot an inappropriate comment while navigating through our website please use this form to let us know, and we'll take care of it shortly. In the 1960s, he re-emerged on the public scene as a prominent singer of protest music in support of international disarmament, civil rights, and environmental causes. I also love the version by Jesse Ferguson. In Dublin's fair city where the girls are so pretty I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone As she wheels her wheel barrow through the streets broad and narrow Crying cockles and mussels alive alive-o Chorus: Alive alive-o, alive alive-o Her ghost is believed to still walk the streets. Get instant explanation for any lyrics that hits you anywhere on the web! • Links, "Molly Malone (Cockles & Mussels)" lyrics and music traditional, In Dublin's fair city Note: When you embed the widget in your site, it will match your site's styles (CSS). Crying "cockles and mussels, Copyright: Writer(s): Cora Venus Lunny, . Through the [A7]streets broad and narrow It was inspired by a women who lived at the end of the 17th century. For so were her father and mother before, Molly Malone is a ghost story from Dublin, Ireland. Crying "Cockles and mussels, alive, alive, oh". "Alive, alive, oh, . And no one could save her, (chorus) And that was the end of sweet Molly Malone. • Celtic CDs 17 Oct. 2020. The music to the song was arranged by Edmund Forman. Now her ghost wheels her barrow "Alive, alive, oh, In Dublin's fair city, where the girls are so pretty, I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone, As she wheeled her wheel-barrow, Through streets broad and narrow, Through streets broad and narrow, Through the streets broad and narrow • Patrons She was a fishmonger,   And no one could save her Alive, alive, oh I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone, Traditional, Adrian Maxwell Sherwood, Sinead O'connor, Donal Lunny, Bernard Alexander Lyrics Terms of Use, In Dublin's fair city,