Any time a colleague connects to a foreign system, either through the shell or a web browser, I like to pull this C-3PO quip from Episode V. This one can be rather disparaging, so be sure the recipient “gets you” and enjoys a good laugh, but when a junior admin comes up with a great idea, this Yodaism from Episode II can be a backhanded compliment as well as a fun quip. | Apr 15, 2020 | Entertainment. amzn_assoc_title = "Star Wars Apparel"; As the creator of the lifestyle blog and book, Me Before Mom, Bert supports millennial moms facing the challenges and changes of motherhood. There’s no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. The Episode IV quote was the first clear indication that The Force was more than just a localized phenomenon. Obi-Wan shut Han Solo down, no mean feat that, in Episode IV with this response. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "fitimo07-20"; In a dark place we find ourselves, and a little more knowledge lights our way. There are few major events in modern Chinese history so controversial, so much discussed, yet so inadequately treated as the May Fourth Movement. To defeat your enemy, you have to understand them. Here’s another quote that needs a good setup, but just as Yoda sensed fear in a young Anakin in Episode l, if you can either pull off ‘sensing’ fear in another, or if they say something like “I’m afraid that won’t work” then you have the perfect lead in to a perfect quote.

Another Yoda quote from Episode l, this one is easy to work into a conversation anytime someone asks you for an update, a status report, an estimate on how long it will take to fix something, when you will get to their helpdesk ticket, when their hardware order will arrive, etc. It’s an energy field created by all living things. Since Star Wars Day this year is a Sunday, I hope every one of you who has to go into the office gets to wear a cool bathrobe and walk around with a Lightsaber. On and on until we win … or the chances are spent. The little hand-wave Ben Kenobi used in Episode IV is what really sells this, and you can use it in all sorts of situations.
A special day to celebrate the galaxy far, far away, May the 4th was chosen by Star Wars fans all over the world because of the pun on the famous catchphrase “May the force be with you!”. And now, from the GFI Team: May the 4th Be With You! On the cultural side, the students had been inspired in the preceding two decades by Western thought, creating a feeling of frustration and dissatisfaction with Chinese tradition. Make a Star Wars menu complete with blue milk,Â. amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true";

That’s me. Among those who discuss or celebrate it most, views vary greatly. I’m Bert. It binds the galaxy together. I fear nothing. In time, the suffering of your people will persuade you to see our point of view. You will know when you are calm, at peace, passive. You need someone to set you up for this the same way C-3PO was set in Episode V, but anytime someone wants to know the odds for success or asks you what your chances are, you can pull this one out. “May the 4th be with you” always makes me see Sylvester the Cat dressed up in Jedi robes. An object cannot make you good or evil. You may have to substitute father and son for something more appropriate, but you get the picture here with this critical quote from Episode V. If you ever find yourself in a disagreement with the PMO, Change Control Board, etc., you can use this one if it looks like you are going to lose. And yes, I’m a mom too. We’re going to start our list with arguably the best quote from Episode 1, period. ANY time another admin likes to toot his horn over some triumphant resolution to a problem, I will pull this one out. The temptation of power, forbidden knowledge, even the desire to do good can lead some down that path. It is said that “May the fourth be with you” was first used when Margaret Thatcher won the election and became Britain’s first woman prime minister. This holiday is yours, where we all share with you the hope that this day brings us closer to freedom and to harmony and to peace. The ability to speak does not make you intelligent, now get out of here. Hosting movie marathons, sharing greetings on social media, cooking Star Wars recipes — there are no wrong ways to celebrate May the 4th, and each year we’re amazed at the creative ways that fans mark the occasion. Using this instead of “good luck” is always considered acceptable amongst geek and IT society.