Columbia Pictures was looking for a leader and someone strong in her ... [Read More...], * Snodene Blackeney scores a unanimous decision over the sluggish Bremerton fighter. Del Valle (WIBF) – don’t tend to make appearances in “On This Day” sports Her fight against Vancouver’s Loi Chow in Seattle, hanging up her gloves for good in 2013, aged 50. McGregor. PORTLAND, Ore. -Sunday afternoon, Margaret "Tiger"McGregor found herself locked in the bathroom of her downtown hotel room. The birth hour of boxing as a sport may be its acceptance by the ancient Greeks as an Olympic game as early as 688 BC. Kulis predicted McGregor will be fighting for an IBFA title by June. a street) and the fight sometimes results in serious injury or occasionally even death. SEATTLE, UNITED STATES: Female boxer Margaret MacGregor (L) of Bremerton, WA, shows her confidence after the final bell of her fight against Loi Chow (L) of Vancouver, Canada, in their 4-round fight in Seattle on 09 October 1999. “Oh, he was very, very nice to me,” she says. The most disappointing part of Sunday's fight was that it wasn't televised by FOX Sports Net, which used up its two hours of programming on the co-main events. I'm still kind of in shock.". I walked straight out. Fighting just an hour’s Nance didn't believe they were intentional, saying, "I was mostly disappointed because the referee didn't warn her once, and that's his job. Those last few MMA contests may have been low key but they "This is the biggest day of my life.". TEMECULA, Calif. - Bremerton's "Tiger" McGregor was tamed by Snodene Blackeney in a fight Friday night at the Pachenga Entertainment Center. McGregor, quicker and exhibiting more power than she has in previous fights, inflicted far more damage, though Nance claimed most came as the result of head butts. and would likely have been vilified for doing so. quite sure why. Urban Dictionary. If either of those 10 -rounders had ended early, McGregor's fight would've been viewed by a national audience. Click here to request Getty Images Premium Access through IBM Creative Design Services. You may be surprised by several of the topics discussed here. barely landed a punch. This is not a blog solely about current professional boxing personalities, boxing rankings, the latest buzz about boxing, nor is it a means to showcase my boxing skills nor am I seeking challengers. know any feminists, but afterwards I did hear they said I had done a lot for looking into the legalities of the idea, and scouting around for an opponent. And one day later McGregor contested the first and only licensed male vs female boxing match in history – and won it. Miller would like McGregor, who has an extensive martial arts background, to join his gym as a part-time instructor.