“The last time he contacted me he was fixing a fence on his farm (in Taree), but he hasn’t forgotten about us.”. All eyes were on Mitchell at the start of the year when it was announced he would make the switch from the centres at the Roosters to fullback at the Rabbitohs. "I guess you have to know Latrell to really understand him. Latrell Mitchell had scans on his injured hamstring today. The Rabbitohs' premiership chances have been dealt a cruel blow with news on Friday that Latrell Mitchell will miss the rest of the season with a hamstring injury. “Having the fans there is amazing. Did you have an affair with Boris? Mitchell made the switch to South Sydney from the Roosters this season with doubts over his change to fullback. an electric performance from Mitchell and the men in red and green last night. Mitchell, 23, had his season cut short in round 16 after rupturing a tendon in his hamstring - a heavy blow to South Sydney. Watch the brand new comedy series Code 404 now on Stan. 'He is always helping us to be at our best considering he has won two premierships, so he knows what it is like to be in the finals, and he knows how to win,' Allan said. "He's always giving me tips ... every message he has been sending me, he's just telling me how well I'm playing, he's always for the team. “ANZ is our home ground, so I just look at this week’s match as a home game anyway. By WWOS staff. As has been a trend in recent weeks the team's execution in its rare attacking chances was clunky and failed to threaten the Rabbitohs line. Roosters assistant Craig Fitzgibbon turns down St George-Illawarra Dragons head coach job, Phil Gould makes emotional plea to Brisbane Broncos fans to stick with their team, The injury occurred early in the second half against Parramatta. Mitchell played for the Roosters’ S. G. Ball Cup group during the 2014 season. Reynolds supported on a play he started to score in the 66th minute and Graham ran his second try through the Eels' ragged right side in the 71st. Allan said the injured fullback was always putting himself before the team and knew how life in the spotlight could weigh heavily on the players. That is the best thing about him.”. He has ruptured the proximal hamstring tendon in his left leg and will be unfit for the remainder of the 2020 season. We are no longer accepting comments on this article. The Eels started the match much as they did the previous week against the Storm, pushing unnecessary passes, while Souths also started the match the way they did the previous week against Manly – absolutely on fire. Check out all the big moments from the two grand final qualifiers. He said Mitchell hadn't 'forgotten' about the team and the last time they spoke he was fixing a fence at his farm in Taree. "Latrell messaged me the other night, and he usually messages me after every game giving me tips," said Allan, who has starred at fullback since Mitchell's season-ending hamstring injury in round 16. Latrell is always there, and he is always listening if anyone needs anything.'. This year, in particular, it's really hard on those guys because they can't be in the bubble," he said. We can hear them on the field and the louder they are, the more goosebumps that I get. Latrell Mitchell is an Australian expert rugby class footballer. 'He was nearly paralysed - he's lucky to be recovering at all': Simon Cowell's friends say he has a long,... Is YOUR business ready? "The last time he contacted me he was fixing a fence on his farm (in Taree), but he hasn't forgotten about us.". "Latrell messaged me the other night, and he usually messages me after every game giving me tips," said Allan, who has starred at fullback since Mitchell's season-ending hamstring injury in … Latrell Mitchell Net Worth. Further, he plays like a middle, wing or fullback for the Sydney Roosters in the NRL. Mitchell knows how to push the critics aside to focus on success, and he is ensuring that Allan can achieve a similar result.