Maitreyi Ramakrishnan Facts: She used to put funny and amazing videos of her on it. Maitreyi had a dream to be an animator since childhood. In 2019, The Today Show named her ‘one of the eighteen Groundbreakers,’ a list of girls breaking down barriers and changing the world. 312 Adelaide Street West, Suite 301 - M5V 1R2. There’s not a lot to share regarding Maitreyi’s personal matters including her family, education, and early life. She made the decision to pursue an acting career in her last year at Meadowvale Secondary School and got the role in Never Have I Ever less than a year after. Meadowvale Secondary School. Hips Size: 35 inches (89 cm) (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Ariana Grande: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements, Selena Gomez: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements, Cash Baker: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements, Annie LeBlanc: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements, Kim Kardashian: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements, Mackenzie Ziegler: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements, Maddie Ziegler: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements, PewDiePie: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements, JoJo Siwa: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements, Jacob Sartorius: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements, Justin Bieber: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements, Cardi B: Bio, Height, Weight, Measurements, Baby Ariel: Bio, Height, Weight, Measurements. Kaling is co-creating, co-writing, and executive producing the series alongside Lang Fisher, whose credits include two of our fave comedies, The Mindy Project and Brooklyn Nine-Nine. Weight in Pounds: 115 lbs Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Also, she is fair in the skin and has beautiful black eyes and black hair. At the same time, she was a part of a Jazz band and played the piano in the band. She’s one of the acting talents of the 21st century. [9] Her casting received significant media attention,[10] especially in Canada,[11][12][13] both due to the nature of the open casting call and for her Tamil Canadian identity. Race/Ethnicity: Tamil [1] She deferred her acceptance to the theatre program at York University in Toronto, which she had initially planned to attend the fall after she graduated high school, so she could shoot Never Have I Ever in Los Angeles. Feet/Shoe Size: 7.5 (US) While she is of Hindu Tamil descent from Sri Lanka, with her family coming to Canada as refugees after the civil war in Sri Lanka, Maitreyi has said that she identifies as Tamil Canadian and not Sri Lankan due to the war's impact on Sri Lankan Tamil civilians. Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. Scholarships can help fund your post-secondary education! Born in Mississauga, Canada #10. *She played Devi in the Netflix series Never Have I Ever. We love that this extremely special and hilarious young woman gets to help us tell that story. Celebrity Details, Body Statistics & More ... Maitreyi Ramakrishnan: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements, Jasmine Thompson: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements, Yao Ming: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements, Rhea Perlman: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements, Aja Naomi King: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements, Trevor Ariza: Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Measurements. Zodiac Sign: Capricorn [17][18] Her performance in the show received positive reviews,[19] with Variety saying it was a "breakout performance". There is not much official information available about her boyfriend, relationship or any affair. Maitreyi Ramakrishnan Education: Meadowvale Secondary School. The actress was brought into existence in 2001 in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. Maitreyi played Velma Kelly in her high school’s production of “Chicago.”. She made her acting debut with the 2020 Nelfix’s comedy series, “Never Have I Ever” as ‘Devi Vishwakumar.’ She was chosen by Mindy Kaling out of 15,000 candidates who had applied for the open casting call for the show. Reportedly, she might defer her degree if she gets to act in another season of the show. Tamil-Canadian actress Maitreyi Ramakrishnan was born in 2002. *She is of Sri Lankan Tamil descent. Actress. In 2020, Maitreyi Ramakrishnan got international attention for her acting in Netflix series ‘Never Have I Ever.’ She is very passionate and workaholic artist about acting. Eye Color: Black Her family came to Canada as refugees after the civil war in Sri Lanka (1983-2009). In our after school plays, our after school musicals and at first I just did it as something like for fun and then I realized it was something that I could dedicate myself to for the rest of my life and I would be really happy with it”, We may not be able to vote right now, but we are still doing something and that’s what matters ✊ #studentssayno ( @zoe.p1 ), A post shared by Maitreyi Ramakrishnan (@maitreyiramakrishnan) on Apr 5, 2019 at 4:26pm PDT, Maitreyi Ramakrishnan with her Best Friend. I can be cool at times too. Between 1998 and 2000, Meadowvale Secondary School was the test site for a pilot program of the Youth News Network. She’s got a little more than 200 thousand followers on her @maitreyiramakrishnan Instagram account. Other than that, she hasn’t talked much about the personal aspect fo her life. Maitreyi Ramakrishnan Wiki, Age, Height, Boyfriend, Family, … Meadowvale Secondary School was used as the school for the 1988 B-movie The Brain, in which it was renamed "Meadowvale High School". Maitreyi Ramakrishnan was born and brought up into the well-educated family of Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. According to my r… Her zodiac sign is Capricorn. She is a very big fan of Mindy Kaling who is a creator of the Netflix series ‘Never Have I Ever.’. Ramakrishnan began acting in school plays in Grade ten, and graduated from Meadowvale Secondary School. Reportedly, her best friend was the one who asked her to give auditions for the show. She belongs to the Sri Lankan family but holds a Tamil Ethnicity. She likes playing the piano, painting, hiking, exploring art galleries, singing, riding her motorcycle, and playing video games. Maitreyi had plans to study theatre at York University but she deferred her acceptance to the University as she got selected to play the lead role in Netflix’s Never Have I Ever. Weight. Prior to this experience, Maitreyi had theatre experience but no formal acting training or on-screen credits. Height in Meters: 1.63 m Talking about it, she says, I made it very clear to my agent and publicist that Tamil Canadian is very, very important to me … my identity isn’t being Sri Lankan,” she said. Maitreyi Ramakrishnan - Bio, Facts, Family | Famous Birthdays Think Celebsline. Maitreyi Ramakrishnan Family Details: Father: Unknown Mother: Unknown Spouse/Husband: Unmarried Children: No Siblings: Unknown. She was always excited about animation comics such as Marvel and Disney production. After schooling, her plan was to join New York University for study theatre. But my culture is definitely Tamil.”. She looks very pretty in traditional Tamil and Indian clothes with Bindi. She didn’t even have an agent when she applied (she does now, so don’t worry). Slim. Her official Instagram is ‘maitreyiramakrishnan‘. Waist Size: 24 inches (61 cm) My country is Canada. Surprisingly, she got selected for the lead role of Devi in the series “Never Have I Ever” among 15,000 auditioners. Occupation. Religion: Unknown Maitreyi Ramakrishnan is active on social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Initially, she wanted to become an animator, because of her love for Disney and Marvel comics, but when she was in the last year of her school, she decided to become an actress. Maitreyi Ramakrishnan is a Canadian actress known for playing the lead role of ‘Devi Vishwakumar’ in Netflix’s teen comedy series, Never Have I Ever (2020). Actress Maitreyi Ramakrishnan follows Hinduism and holds an American nationality. She was born and brought up into the Srilankan Tamil family of Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. She is currently 18 years old. Bio, Age, Profession, Wiki, Personal Life. Maitreyi played the lead role of Devi in the series along with co-stars Jaren Lewison and Darren Barnet. She became a part of school production ‘Footloose’ and played a role of lead Ariel’s ditzy friend. Meadowvale Secondary School: TV Show: Never Have I Ever, Sidewalk Entertainment: Siblings: Vishwaa Ramakrishnan: View more / View Less Facts of Maitreyi Ramakrishnan . 5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm. Based on her social life, she is single for sure. Maitreyi always dreams to be an animation producer and wants to join New York University for theatre study. Occupation: Actress When she was in grade 10, she began acting in school plays; her first role was of ‘Urleen’ from the play “Footloose.” When she was in grade 12, she used to write, direct, and produce plays; as an assignment from her drama classes.